Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2016, 12:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Owning the mighty BMW X5 (E53) 4.8i Sports - “Faster than the fastest SUV in the world”

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajkumar10 View Post
I was searching for a Big SUV (used) and my choices were Toyota Land cruiser VX(V6/V8), Lexus LX 470 (V8), Volkswagen Touareg 5.0TDI (V10), Audi Q7 4.2FSI (V8), BMW X5 4.4is (V8), Porsche Cayenne S (V8) and Range Rover Sports (V8)...
Ohh! all that interior plastic looks so damp cheap! Almost like old 800. The interiors looks so dated and ill maintained! Why have you posted engine bay from some other car? However, the v8 makes up for all. I am sure it would be a hoot to drive!

Last edited by purohitanuj : 26th July 2016 at 12:32.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 12:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Sure, lets catch up some time.

Selling so soon? I hope any dreaded issues didn't crop up?
I have owned this X5 for last 1.5 years now, I was not registered to Team-BHP earlier, just got my ID two days ago!! I wanted to share my ownership experience with it. I want to sell/exchange it with a V12 car with same price, no dreaded issue OR minor issue at all. The car is absolutely fine in all aspects.
Soon you will see my ownership experience with other cars as well, I am going to post one probably tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post
The engine bay picture seems to be a different car altogether.
You can see the fender which is red too.
Yes!! I forgot to take under the bonnet pic, will take in the evening today and post it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Looks like the pic was nicked off the web. For representation purposes, perhaps?
Link :: https://en.wheelsage.org/bmw/x5/7844...ctures/389554/

On another note, congratulations Neeraj! Enjoy her well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Congratulations for this fantastic machine. Wishing you lots of miles on the road. By the way, as per the picture of the engine bay, the surroundings are painted in dull red. Has the car been repainted or do all bmw's come like this ?
yes, both of you are correct!! this is for representation purpose, i'll post the real one in the evening today!

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th July 2016 at 13:05. Reason: Merging consecutive posts...
neerajkumar10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 15:00   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Owning the mighty BMW X5 (E53) 4.8i Sports - “Faster than the fastest SUV in the world”

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajkumar10 View Post
I wanted to share my ownership experience with it. I want to sell/exchange it with a V12 car with same price
Oh man, you really have a thing for pleasure + pain, eh . These cars are beasts to drive (in a good way) and beasts to own (in a not-so-good way).

Once you're used to silky 8s, it'll be very difficult for you to go down on the number of cylinders. Nothing like a V8 petrol.

Can just imagine how she sounds in person. Here's a sample video of an E53 with a custom exhaust (smartly parked in a tunnel):

Quote:
Soon you will see my ownership experience with other cars as well, I am going to post one probably tomorrow
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 15:37   #19
BHPian

What a beast ! I look at these cars and wonder if my fascination with Hybrid & other "greener" vehicles is a hipster fad!
Lazy Driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 21:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Congratulations on the car Neeraj.

0-100 km/h in under 6 seconds, a top speed of almost 250 km/h - this is one seriously quick SUV. Safe as well with 10 airbags. When you consider that it was 2004 when this car was introduced, you realise how far ahead of its time it was. It would make a really good autobahn express.

I guess higher running and maintenance costs are something you have to live with when you buy something exclusive.
you are right!! this was one of the reasons for buying this SAV. It was much ahead of its time, even today if you notice, every automobile company is downsizing the engine capacity and using turbochargers to get increased performance, while this was made big to perform big naturally, no turbochargers. The maintenance cost is for exclusivity, this thing is quite unusual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Thanks Neeraj, oh yes SRT's was a X5-M. But I thought he did own a X5 4.8 as well earlier.- although I may be wrong.

Any reasons for selling the car?
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...5/BMW/X5.html/
I own this car for 1.5 years and now I want to buy a V12 car OR exchange this one with a V12 without additional price, hence i have kept it on classified. I haven't put it on any other portal for sale (like olx or carwale etc.). If you know someone in your group who is interested, please forward the link from classified to him/her to have a look. I'll paste the review link as well in the classified. So that the buyer can make an informed choice.
neerajkumar10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 23:14   #21
BHPian

Congratulations Neeraj, the car is truly fantastic. Wishing you safe and trouble free drives.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 00:57   #22
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the clarification Neeraj! Looking forward to your other ownership experiences. What options are you looking for a V12 car? Are you looking for a sports car, SUV, sedan? The only V12 options that I can think of being available in India are :

Luxury Sedans whixh you could consider without any additional price)
Mercedes S600 (W126, W140)
BMW 760Li (BMW 760Li V12!!) (E65,E66)

Sports cars
Can't think of any sports cars with a 12 cylinder engine in that budget - except the Jaguar XJS V12 (Pics : Jaguar XJS V12) and the R129 SL600 (Pics:SL 600 V12 AMG!! Mumbai)

SUVs
Can't think of any V12 SUV in India other than the Audi Q7 V12 - but don't think it was ever launched here.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 11:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Neeraj! Looking forward to your other ownership experiences. What options are you looking for a V12 car? Are you looking for a sports car, SUV, sedan? The only V12 options that I can think of being available in India are :

Luxury Sedans whixh you could consider without any additional price)
Mercedes S600 (W126, W140)
BMW 760Li (BMW 760Li V12!!) (E65,E66)

Sports cars
Can't think of any sports cars with a 12 cylinder engine in that budget - except the Jaguar XJS V12 (Pics : Jaguar XJS V12) and the R129 SL600 (Pics:SL 600 V12 AMG!! Mumbai)
Bang on V12 buddy! I believe in telepathy, these are exactly the cars in my mind,
760LI (E65,E66)
S600, W140
S600, W220
R129 SL600
I didn’t think of Jaguar XJS V12 though, but it can be a good option to consider. Out of all these, I would really love to own that R129 SL600. Very Unique and powerful car, do you who is the owner?

Quote:
SUVs
Can't think of any V12 SUV in India other than the Audi Q7 V12 - but don't think it was ever launched here.
Agree, recently I have seen two Bentley Bentayga, one in Black color and other one in Gold color. I have also seen a Audi Q7 V12 TDI in Black color. All are imported as CBU, I believe!

Dear Friends, as requested enclosing under the hood pictures and a short video of the exterior. I would plan to do a detailed video tour over the weekend!
Attachment 1534137
Attachment 1534138
Attachment 1534139

Enjoy the exterior view, very small video, took it swiftly in the morning didn't have much time, was running late for office!!
neerajkumar10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 18:57   #24
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

As per the thread, the SL600 seems to be in Hyderabad. But that was in 2013 - not sure where it is now.

Wouldn't the Bentagya and the Q7 V12 be more expensive given that you are looking for a direct exchange? There may be an E65/66 760Li for sale - but am not 100% sure. It's not in a very great shape and just lying unused and covered since a couple of months (possible candidate for the Imports gathering dust (Pics: Imports gathering dust in India) thread) and you may get it at a good deal. Don't have any more information on it but if you are interested I can find out for you.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 21:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
As per the thread, the SL600 seems to be in Hyderabad. But that was in 2013 - not sure where it is now.

Wouldn't the Bentagya and the Q7 V12 be more expensive given that you are looking for a direct exchange? There may be an E65/66 760Li for sale - but am not 100% sure. It's not in a very great shape and just lying unused and covered since a couple of months (possible candidate for the Imports gathering dust (Pics: Imports gathering dust in India) thread) and you may get it at a good deal. Don't have any more information on it but if you are interested I can find out for you.
Thanks V12! The cars are in real bad shape in Imports gathering dust (Pics: Imports gathering dust in India) thread. I really know how expensive it can be to bring back a left over E65/66 760Li in shape, there is one E66 760Li that is owned by a big shot of Pune (MH registered) and it comes for regular maintenance in BMW service station, and since it is my favorite I had the curiosity to know about it, Just a glimpse of the maintenance cost for some of the important parts are given below:
Gearbox and transfer case: 10 lacs
Air Strut: 1.4 lacs per strut
For last 4 months it is standing in the workshop for repair and this is second time the gear box is getting replaced. I don’t mind a car with 6 digits on odometer, at least it is run and maintained unlike a standing one.

Dear Friends, as requested enclosing under the hood pictures again as the attachments are not opening in the above post.
Owning the mighty BMW X5 (E53) 4.8i Sports - “Faster than the fastest SUV in the world”-20.jpg
Owning the mighty BMW X5 (E53) 4.8i Sports - “Faster than the fastest SUV in the world”-21.jpg
Owning the mighty BMW X5 (E53) 4.8i Sports - “Faster than the fastest SUV in the world”-22.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 28th July 2016 at 22:16. Reason: Merging back to back posts
neerajkumar10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 11:02   #26
BHPian

Hi friends, It’s monsoon season going on in North India, it has been raining since morning, could not record a video review of X5 as promised, will plan some day when the weather is clear. Thanks!
Old 31st July 2016, 13:43   #27
BHPian

Pretty sure SRT had a 4.6is !

@neerajkumar10 you don't have the original wheels ? Or you just prefer to run these wheels ?
BEEM3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 22:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
Pretty sure SRT had a 4.6is !

@neerajkumar10 you don't have the original wheels ? Or you just prefer to run these wheels ?
Originally, it came with 20’ alloy wheels, however the tires were not engineered for Indian road condition, height of the tires was very less as a result the tires use to get ruptured frequently. I had received the same feedback from various owners, so as a practical solution 18’ alloys were installed as a preference.

Recently, the BMW accessory manager told me that they have new tires available, which are better than earlier ones, changes have been done as per feedback received from consumers in India. However, I am happy with these alloys and tires as I drive my X5 almost every day and the road condition in Gurugram is really bad. I have not experienced the same issue with these tires.
Old 5th September 2016, 22:15   #29
BHPian

Friends, can you help me source "Eisenmann Exhausts BMW E53 X5 4 8is 2x160x80mm Race Performance"
OR
Do you know if someone in NCR can help me get these exhausts? Thanks!

Last edited by neerajkumar10 : 5th September 2016 at 22:17.
Old 5th September 2016, 22:25   #30
BHPian

Hi Neeraj , who do you use for servicing the X5 ? I will be picking up 2008/09 E70 X5 in the next few days

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks