Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 18:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

New-gen Porsche Panamera launched at Rs. 1.93 crore

As per recent media reports, Porsche is planning to launch the new-gen Panamera in India in March, 2017. The company will be launching various models under the Panamera range by the end of this year.

Initially, the new Panamera will be launched in its Turbo guise. As a result, it will be offered with a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine that will develop 542 BHP and 770 Nm of torque. This powertrain will be capable of accelerating the four-door sedan from 0-100 km/h in a company-claimed time of 4.2 seconds.

The Panamera Turbo is expected to be followed by the Executive Turbo variant, which is basically a stretched iteration of the former. The Executive Turbo gets a 150 mm longer wheelbase than the regular Panamera Turbo, thus liberating more space inside the cabin, especially at the rear.

The German automaker will also be adding some petrol and diesel engine options to the Panamera range by the end of 2017. Two diesel engines are expected to be introduced in India: a 3.0-litre V6 and a 4.0-litre V8. Additionally, Porsche might also launch the Hybrid variants of the new Panamera in India next year.

Source: Autocar India

New-gen Porsche Panamera launched at Rs. 1.93 crore-01porschepanamera2017.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 23rd January 2017 at 18:36.
dZired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:01   #2
BHPian

re: New-gen Porsche Panamera launched at Rs. 1.93 crore

Porsche Panamera Turbo and Turbo Executive priced at Rs 1.93 crore and Rs 2.06 crore respectively

Quote:
Carmaker is currently offering the car only with a 4.0-litre turbocharged V8 engine that makes 550hp and 770Nm, which is 30hp and 70Nm more than the previous gen. This gives the Panamera Turbo model a claimed 0-100kph time of 3.8sec (3.6sec with Sport Chrono Package), with the Executive Turbo model just 0.1sec slower. Both the models get a top speed of 306kph.
Autocar

Last edited by Nicky : 22nd March 2017 at 15:03.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 21:43   #3
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Re: New-gen Porsche Panamera launched at Rs. 1.93 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Porsche Panamera Turbo and Turbo Executive priced at Rs 1.93 crore and Rs 2.06 crore respectively

Autocar
I remember TopGear India saying that Porsche is making the Sport Turismo available too at 1.98cr ex showroom
Old 1st April 2017, 19:00   #4
BHPian

Interestingly, at a price of 1.93 Cr it is cheaper than the 1st Gen Pana Turbo which was launched at 2.05 Cr in 2009, and the Facelifted 1st Gen Pana Turbo which was launched at 2 Cr in 2013.

Considering the import duty has been increasing over the years since 2012 or 2013, this just shows how much of a margin Porsche was making on the 1st Gen Panamera in India.
sanojrawap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 04:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post
Interestingly, at a price of 1.93 Cr it is cheaper than the 1st Gen Pana Turbo which was launched at 2.05 Cr in 2009, and the Facelifted 1st Gen Pana Turbo which was launched at 2 Cr in 2013.

Considering the import duty has been increasing over the years since 2012 or 2013, this just shows how much of a margin Porsche was making on the 1st Gen Panamera in India.

Hey,

It's a coincidence that you mention about the margin Porsche makes the same time I was reading an article on same.

Porsche makes $US17,250 profit on every car, but BMW and Daimler make $US5000

Read more: http://www.afr.com/lifestyle/cars-bi...#ixzz4d2cremaq
Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

Regards,
Old 2nd April 2017, 15:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey,

It's a coincidence that you mention about the margin Porsche makes the same time I was reading an article on same.

Porsche makes $US17,250 profit on every car, but BMW and Daimler make $US5000

Read more: http://www.afr.com/lifestyle/cars-bi...#ixzz4d2cremaq
Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

Regards,
I've read something similar before, but believe this refers to the profit they make on each car in general, comparing manufacturing cost and the price they sell it to consumers for.

On top of that, however, I believe they are making a huge margin on the products they sell in India, and blaming the huge price on our import duty.

This isn't only the case with Porsche, and is much worse with other manufacturers too.

Consider the Nissan GTR, which is priced at 2 Cr Ex Showroom. In the UK it starts at 80 Lac, whereas a 911 Carrera S starts at 85 Lac. In India, however, the 911 is sold at 1.6 Cr Ex Showroom, which shows how much of a margin Nissan is making on the GTR.

Similar case with Ferrari and their California T retailing at 3.5 Cr here while it costs 1.5 Cr in the UK. The Huracan LP610 costs 3.5 Cr here in India too, but retails for 1.8 Cr in the UK, which shows how much of a margin Ferrari is making too.

In that respect I don't think the price of 1.93 Cr for the New Panamera Turbo is that bad, but the fact that the cars price has been going down over the years while our import duty has been going up makes me believe they were making huge margins on the 2009 Panamera Turbo.

Now that I mention the GTR, I've also just realised the Panamera is rather well-priced in India considering it costs 1.15 Cr in the UK, whereas the GTR which costs the same over here is around 80 Lac in the UK.
sanojrawap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 01:11   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I have never owned a Porsche before. I sort of like them for their brilliant engineering, but I don't find them very appealing otherwise. However, I do like this new Panamera very much. Had a test drive the other day. Quite an incredible car, its also absolutely huge, not to mention very expensive. Still, a very different car from most current cars. I like it a lot.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 15:52   #8
BHPian

a well optioned 911 Carrera is cheaper than this!
Old 5th April 2017, 16:21   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
a well optioned 911 Carrera is cheaper than this!
Correct, but that's the case in other markets like the United States and United Kingdom too, with almost all 911s other than the Turbo, Turbo S and GT3 RS being cheaper than the Panamera Turbo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks