Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2017, 14:49   #1
BHPian

List of Supercars imported to India (2014-2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
This import data may or may not be true. If you see the chassis numbers, you will find many cars have been listed twice. This is because the chassis number is entered twice - once when the car is shifted to a bonded warehouse and second entry is when it clears the custom.

Only a few cars are shifted to the bonded warehouse (cases where duty has not been paid within the specified period) that is why only limited number of cars are listed twice, not necessarily all.

Also AFAIK as per Central Govt orders, no import/export data will be shown to public from Dec 2016 onwards.
Thank you for pointing this out!
I thought I was careful in removing all duplicate entries, but found a couple more, especially in the Ferrari numbers. Please find the updated data below, which has no duplicate chassis numbers.

List of Supercars imported to India (2014-2016)-sales.jpg

Also sad to hear that they won't be publishing this data anymore if it's true.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 17:29   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: List of Supercars imported to India (2014-2016)

Thanks for sharing, Joxster! Moving your very insightful post into a new thread.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 19:00   #3
BHPian

I feel you should add aston martin vanquish to the list and add 1 to its count that made its way to mangalore during april 2016
Old 1st February 2017, 02:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Thank you for pointing this out!

I thought I was careful in removing all duplicate entries, but found a couple more, especially in the Ferrari numbers. Please find the updated data below, which has no duplicate chassis numbers.

Attachment 1598649

Also sad to hear that they won't be publishing this data anymore if it's true.

Cheers

Are you sure about this data?!? Only 2 F types in 3 years seems very improbable to me
Old 1st February 2017, 18:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
I feel you should add aston martin vanquish to the list and add 1 to its count that made its way to mangalore during april 2016
Interestingly the Vanquish hadn't shown up under the same HS code as the other Aston Martin cars in this list, which is why it isn't included.

I don't want to republish the table just to include one car, so if there are other cars to be added, please do tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Are you sure about this data?!? Only 2 F types in 3 years seems very improbable to me
I got this data from Zauba mate, so it is definitely subject to their accuracy in updating it, but I'm sure that I picked up all available data for the F-Type.
That being said, the F-Type entered production in 2013, and that's probably the year when the majority of them were imported to India, hence don't show on this list. When they were actually sold to customers is a different story...

Cheers
Old 1st February 2017, 18:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
I don't know if the above data is correct, but I heard Jaguar imported a huge amount of F Types shortly after the Indian launch in 2013, most of which ended up unsold until Jaguar started selling them at discounts of 40-50 Lac in 2014 and 2015. I guess the leftover stock from 2013 meant they didn't have to import any more, and the 2 imported between 2014 and 2016 could be new variants like the F Type V6 Coupe or SVR (Since only the V6 Cab, V8 Cab and V8 Coupe were launched in 2013, with the V6 Coupe following in 2014, and SVR in 2016)

Edit: just realised that Joxster beat me to answering your question, and also noticed the SVR imported in 2016 doesn't seem to be included in the list posted above, possibly because it hasn't come up on Zauba?

Last edited by sanojrawap : 1st February 2017 at 18:49.
Old 1st February 2017, 22:50   #7
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post

Edit: just realised that Joxster beat me to answering your question, and also noticed the SVR imported in 2016 doesn't seem to be included in the list posted above, possibly because it hasn't come up on Zauba?

The two SVRs came in end-2016, after the government ordered to stop publishing import data, hence not here on the Zauba list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks