Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2018, 11:55   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India

One more pic of the Bangalore test car -

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India-screenshot_201809271125492.png

Source - Car crazy India Instagram page.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 14:19   #32
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Here's a pic of the 3 Urus that's part of the drive. These three will serve as demo cars for 3 Lamborghini dealers in the country in Bangalore, Mumbai & Delhi.

Attachment 1802477

Attachment 1802478

Attachment 1802479
Hi, these pictures are from www.instagram.com/automobiliardent. Would appreciate it if you gave proper credits and didn't crop the watermarks out that way. Thanks.
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 14:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Hi, these pictures are from www.instagram.com/automobiliardent. Would appreciate it if you gave proper credits and didn't crop the watermarks out that way. Thanks.
Hi AK, Yes, I got the pic from same source. Sorry for not mentioning pic credits, somehow I missed it. I normally mention credits for contents I share from internet. And regarding the watermark, I had a screenshot (of the page) with me which I cropped before posting and the watermark was too tiny and at the edge, it got cropped out, so that was not intentional. I'm not able to edit my post now to add credits. Apologies again. Are you associated with this page?
Old 27th September 2018, 14:56   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Quote:
I'm not able to edit my post now to add credits.
Photo Credits added!
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 15:05   #35
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi AK, Yes, I got the pic from same source. Sorry for not mentioning pic credits, somehow I missed it. I normally mention credits for contents I share from internet. And regarding the watermark, I had a screenshot (of the page) with me which I cropped before posting and the watermark was too tiny and at the edge, it got cropped out, so that was not intentional. I'm not able to edit my post now to add credits. Apologies again. Are you associated with this page?
Yessir, that is my page. And it's alright, just that there are way too many people ripping off content left right and centre! Anyways, credits added now so it's all cool
A.K is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 14:37   #36
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of pics of the Urus from the Lamborghini Drive in Pune.

Source : ACI
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_galleries_20180927022116_lambourusfrontstatic.jpg  

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_galleries_20180927022116_lambourusrearstatic.jpg  

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_galleries_20180927022005_lambourusdashboard.jpg  

//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 22:05   #37
BHPian

Here are pics of another customer delivered Urus from Lambhorghini. Car was delivered in Mumbai today.
Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India-img_20181002_214534.jpg

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India-img_20181002_214616.jpg
Pic source:Owner's IG
Flyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 13:13   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Lamborghini Urus | First India Drive Review

Source - YouTube
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 10:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad got one delivered in this stunning shade of Blu (Eleos?). Goes to the famous "Diamond House".
Pic by https://instagram.com/karthikgilly_0...=18autgnj030z7

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1539493343.908982.jpg
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 15:48   #40
Team-BHP Support

Was good to see the Urus wrestle it out on traffic filled streets whilst getting back from work a few days ago. But at the same time my eart literally sank seeing two wheelers and autos go ever so close whilst squeezing through the traffic. The Urus looked fairly subtle in silver, wonder if the owner would be using it everyday to work.
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India-img_20181013_225643.jpg  

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India-img_20181013_225753.jpg  

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus - arrives in India-img_20181013_225836.jpg  

manson is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 15:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
The Urus looked fairly subtle in silver, wonder if the owner would be using it everyday to work.
Although not everyday, it should see fair usage considering how he uses his other rides which are not garage queens.

Owner also has some 'crazy' cars in his garage, a G63 AMG (crazy colur edition in sunset beam)/AMG GT-S/Huracan Performante/ Mini Cooper S, apart from the run-of-the-mill luxo-barges like the S Class and E Class.

Last edited by octane1002 : 25th October 2018 at 16:02. Reason: Fixed quote.
octane1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 12:55   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted three Urus's in Mumbai in the past 1 week - Silver one in the suburbs (posted above) last Sunday, and yesterday happened to see a yellow one as well as a dark blue one.

Seems to be a pretty popular & practical car given 2 of these cars were spotted in areas I would think twice about driving my 3 series too (due to recent rains + road work + narrow roads).
lamborghini is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 14:41   #43
BHPian

Embarrassing moment @ Lamborghini Bengaluru

During my last week of constant walking here and there near Bengaluru metro and getting to know places around Banglore, i crossed one junction and suddenly saw one of my wall poster logo/desktop wall paper/mobile wallpaper on my right side.
I was shocked to see a Lamborghini showroom which i didnt even dream to see during my evening walk and what not..a URUS on display.

I was so happy and i just ran and crossed the road(looked left and right 2 times though and went in front of the main entrance to enter the door...
Suddenly i heard one 'Hallo Hallo Hallo' from somewhere and i turned and looked and saw one security guy running towards me. He asked where im going and i just pointed at the car inside with a raised eyebrow. Suddenly he stopped me and told, noone is permitted inside to see the car and only people who have booked the car can go inside and see it:

I was quiet for few seconds, then the security told its their management instruction to not let anyone inside and i could stand near the road pavement and click or see the cars

I was so depressed and shocked, i just walked out, took a pic for this shocking memory and continued my journey with a huge pain in my heart. [I had been to Middle East many times and experienced(in and out)much more pricier and classic cars than Lambo.]

Anyway Lamborghini India has lost one customer, thought of buying it then and there.

Last edited by theMAG : 29th October 2018 at 16:24. Reason: Limiting smiley count to the policy maximum of 2 per post
joe angelo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 14:46   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Embarrassing moment @ Lamborghini Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
Suddenly he stopped me and told, noone is permitted inside to see the car and only people who have booked the car can go inside and see it
Honestly, it's more to do with keeping the showroom and cars in proper order. Imagine the crowd that would be thronging the showroom otherwise to look at the cars, the scratches, people playing and touching the cars, etc.

At the end of the day these cars cost Rs. 3 Cr.+ and are relatively rare + tough to maintain, and I don't blame Lamborghini or any other brand for adopting this stance.

RR does the same as well, though parent company BMW has showrooms that are open to all.

Do give them a call, and I am sure they will be glad to help out!
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 16:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: Embarrassing moment @ Lamborghini Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
During my last week of constant walking here and there near Bengaluru metro and getting to know places around Banglore, i crossed one junction and suddenly saw one of my wall poster logo/desktop wall paper/mobile wallpaper on my right side.
I was shocked to see a Lamborghini showroom which i didnt even dream to see during my evening walk and what not..a URUS on display.

I was so happy and i just ran and crossed the road(looked left and right 2 times though) and went in front of the main entrance to enter the door...
Suddenly i heard one 'Hallo Hallo Hallo' from somewhere and i turned and looked and saw one security guy running towards me. He asked where im going and i just pointed at the car inside with a raised eyebrow. Suddenly he stopped me and told, noone is permitted inside to see the car and only people who have booked the car can go inside and see it

I was quiet for few seconds, then the security told its their management instruction to not let anyone inside and i could stand near the road pavement and click or see the cars

I was so depressed and shocked, i just walked out, took a pic for this shocking memory and continued my journey with a huge pain in my heart. [I had been to Middle East many times and experienced(in and out)much more pricier and classic cars than Lambo.
It is extremely sad to read your ordeal Joe Angelo. I agree with you, a 'showroom' as far as I know doesn't have fine print that reads "only the privileged can enter, kindly check if you fall within this ....... pay bracket and carry 6 month bank statements which are to be submitted to my security guard".

Ive walked into the RR showroom in Mumbai with nobody asking me who I was and what I was doing. The people at Navnit seem to be quite friendly in that aspect. I satisfy my urge for sports and supercars when I am abroad and can drive these vehicles to at least half its potential, which I do when I travel abroad every year. That way I don't have to face discrimination from a security guard. Frankly also because I probably won't accept his/her objections to me looking at a car or whatever precious things are displayed beyond the showroom glass. I haven't bothered to walk into the Lamborghini showroom in Bangalore but I see from various youtube videos that specially appointed goons (security guards) are made available to rough up the public because they are eager to click a car they dream of. Ive seen some really bad stuff when the Lambo's gather up for a breakfast run or a car launch.

There are no qualms like this in the western or far east asian countries. All are welcome and can see the car and some are even happy to open the drivers door and let one sit in the drivers seat.

I may or may not own a supercar in India one day. I definitely aspire to do so and currently co-own one abroad. I will live with the fact that I am also going to face issue such as the general public who will want to lean or pose with it. If that does become an issue to me, I guess I just won't take the car out and have to face the issue of having it to park it in some public space. I certainly won't have a patrol vehicle filled with privately appointed guards who suddenly feel they can control what car can come close to their bosses car in the middle of peak traffic and take to assault techniques to keep people at a distance.

P.S: Sorry if I have offended anyone with my rant. Mondays eh?
Fullrevs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks