Team-BHP - BMW M2 Competition & M5 Competition India-bound
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   BMW M2 Competition & M5 Competition India-bound (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/198715-bmw-m2-competition-m5-competition-india-bound-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by petroguzzler (Post 4443839)
I think it's the first time that BMW is officially offering a manual gearbox in its models sold in India.

E92 M3s came with a 6 speed manual gearbox from late 2007.

BMW M2 Competition & M5 Competition India-bound-screen-shot-20180816-11.02.39-am.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4404811)
Ok, so it's no longer rumour and bookings should start soon with a 10 Lac advance :)

So BMW have already listed the M2 on its Indian website.
Possibly looking at a festive launch?

Got few confirmations as to the dealers already taking token amounts.

So one of the best looking modern BMW is finally coming to India.
Hopefully, they bring the Manual as a no-cost option along with that brilliant automatic transmission.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75 (Post 4444557)
E92 M3s came with a 6 speed manual gearbox from late 2007.

Do you still have yours?
Since you got the first E92 M3 in India, do we see the first M2 in India coming to your garage? Ironically, the price will be nearly the same as what you paid for the M3 in 2007 :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4445259)
Do you still have yours?
Since you got the first E92 M3 in India, do we see the first M2 in India coming to your garage? Ironically, the price will be nearly the same as what you paid for the M3 in 2007 :)

Still have mine, don’t plan on selling it since it’s fairly unique in today’s car world thanks to its high-revving 4L naturally aspirated V8 and a 6 Speed manual. The new M2 Competition is the first car BMW have made since the E92 M3 that has piqued my interest, though. It’s the right size, for starters, looks different enough from the rest of the offerings here and apparently performs very nicely. Dunno how much sense it would make having an E92 M3 and an F87 M2, though...

What is the on-road price being quoted for the M2 here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75 (Post 4446002)

What is the on-road price being quoted for the M2 here?

Prices aren’t out yet but I reckon it would be approx 1cr OTR Mumbai

And I agree, should hold on to the M3. NA V8s are a dying breed hence I’m holding on to mine :)

SCOOP :: A BMW M2 Competition was spotted at the Chennai BMW dealer!

This is the only picture the source managed to click before they hurriedly moved it out of sight. I received this towards the beginning of this month but was able to share only now. Please excuse the Instagram stickers as well.

Pic Credit - Milan Prathipal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 4463762)
SCOOP :: A BMW M2 Competition was spotted at the Chennai BMW dealer!

That's a regular M2. Competition would mean M4 style mirror caps, forged wheels and gloss black fender badges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyAn! (Post 4463884)
That's a regular M2. Competition would mean M4 style mirror caps, forged wheels and gloss black fender badges.

That is a camouflaged M2 competition.
I believe the regular M2 is now out of production hence there is no reason why BMW would get that version for testing when the competition is due for launch.

Indicators on the Bumpers point this to be a US Specific model. Can this be a regular 2 series car imported to explore possibility having something below 3 series?

I dont know how far this is true guys, but I've been told that BMW wont start the M2's customer handover this year. Earliest we could get it is 2019 January end or February.

I had spoken to my sales guy and told him I'm ready to pay a booking amount if needed, this is something I have never done, and he said its not needed. He followed that by saying its unlikely they'll add 2 all new models in Q4 2018.

Now, its one of two things;
One, M2 competition first lot is all sold out and the earliest he can get one would be 2019 or
Two, what he said is actually true.

What say guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4463935)
Indicators on the Bumpers point this to be a US Specific model. Can this be a regular 2 series car imported to explore possibility having something below 3 series?

The front bumper and grille are a definite give away of it being an M2. You can even see a hint of the silhouette of the 'M2' badge on the left kidney grille of the car if you look closely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porcupine (Post 4464109)
The front bumper and grille are a definite give away of it being an M2. You can even see a hint of the silhouette of the 'M2' badge on the left kidney grille of the car if you look closely.

Agree, but why will they camouflage a CBU?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4464114)
Agree, but why will they camouflage a CBU?

Yes, it makes no sense, but it wouldn't be the first time. I think CBU Audi A8's among others have been spotted with camouflage running around Indian streets before even months after foreign launches.

Thats a regular M2 & not competition !

M2 Competition has connected kidney grilles, check this picture;

BMW M2 Competition & M5 Competition India-bound-photoapr1732200pm830x553.jpg

^ Top white is M2 Competition where as the bottom blue is regular :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyAn! (Post 4463884)

As far as I know, the regular M2 is now discontinued globally and only the M2 Competition is currently being manufactured.

I don't believe it's parellel production run either as is the case with the other 'Competition' variants.

So this could just be a testmule sporting bits from older cars.