Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 23:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvr View Post
Merc SLK 'Hardtop' that leaks whenever there's the slightest rain.
Just can't believe that dude. Did you check your car in the service centre? I think its a problem with your particular car.
Old 31st July 2010, 03:32   #47
BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand, I have a Merc SLK 'Hardtop' that leaks whenever there's the slightest rain. Its not the top though. Problem is the rolled up window doesn't entirely seal with the roof.
Maybe the seals are hard and cracked, you should order this rubber seal treatment gel - 'gumi pfledge' (google it) , and most likely it should solve the leaks.

Hardtop leaks can happen on any car, those are just rubber seals stopping the leak and if any seal gets cracked, wears out or doesnt fit well - that will mean a leak.

S
Old 31st July 2010, 07:25   #48
gvr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Just can't believe that dude. Did you check your car in the service centre? I think its a problem with your particular car.
Thanks dude. My car is about 8 years old. I'm pretty sure it is the age. I just keep it garaged off late.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:09   #49
BHPian

where is hardtop

I cant the Boxster with hardtop anywhere in the thread.

Hardtop is rarest and i hardly believe anybody would buy a boxster with that ,he might get the cayman,,

What i mean by hardtop is in pics
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Yellow Hardtop Porsche Boxster-h.jpg  

Old 1st August 2010, 00:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand, I have a Merc SLK 'Hardtop' that leaks whenever there's the slightest rain. Its not the top though. Problem is the rolled up window doesn't entirely seal with the roof.
Have the rubbers checked and also the frame where the windows rest on inside the door panels. You mentioned the car is 8 yrs old, so i suspect the rubbers have hardened and opened up at the ends giving a slight gap for water to seep in. the other possibility is the window could have slipped slightly from the frame and to a keen eye would tilt slightly to one side. The rubber was the issue in my friends SLK and he used to face the same problem, but this was not only during monsoons but when the cleaner cleaned the car as well.

@ Diecast i have seen the Yellow Boxster with the hardtop. I believe they are all weather tops. That means like the old SL's i can remove the top and keep it in the garage. Will click pics the next time it is on.

Last edited by speedy : 1st August 2010 at 00:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks