Team-BHP - Pics : Honda CBR600F in Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics : Honda CBR600F in Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2101-pics-honda-cbr600f-mumbai.html)

Hi guys,
Quite a common bike here nowadays. But for those few who havent seen one, here are the pics. Bike was spotted while it was at a garage to fit an aftermarket Micron can.

Nice bike. Is it for sale?

Sweet...I love that all black paintjob...don't see many of those around.

no idea s600. bro seen it and took pics.

hey rtech, is this the new CBR600 (doesnt it have exhaust under the seat)? It looks like the same one which Bonito had (featured in BSM). I'm confused cos its got a brand new registration.

The bike looks great.

Out of interest, how much does it cost to get one of these brand new to India?

Nince black paint job with red decals....kewl

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]hey rtech, is this the new CBR600 (doesnt it have exhaust under the seat)? It looks like the same one which Bonito had (featured in BSM). I'm confused cos its got a brand new registration.

Nope, thats not new. Thats the CBR 600 F4. This was launched i think around end '99 - 2000 and sold in this form till late 2002. Alongside it towards the middle of 2002 the F4i was launched, which was a sportier update on this with different fairings, lights and came in 2 versions, the single seat and one with a stepped seat, and a few engine tweaks to make it easier to tune for the World Supersport Series. These were the first generation CBR600's with fuel injection.

Mid 2003 saw the launch of the ultimate CBR (as a 2004 model)...the 600rr with its GP looks and underseat exhaust. However, as this was the race replica version, Honda continue to sell the F4i alongside the RR for those who didn't want an all out racer, atleast in the UK market.

Anyways, to answer your question, the bike in the pics is a 99-2002 CBR600 F4 (carbs).

A lot of people out here buy the fairings for the F4i and fit it on this bike and try and pass it off for the F4i. Gotto be careful in the used bike market out here!!

BTW, the bike Bonito had in BS Motoring (the one where they run it against the Honda City right??) was an F3, one generation older than this bike. It was the last of the CBR's to use a steel frame and one of the best selling bikes in the world.

Rt

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ Nov. 02 2004,11:50)]Quite a common bike here nowadays.

I agree with you on that V12.

When i saw the pic i thought it was the bike which i usually see in Hyd.
Also, i remember seeing the same model in Pune.

Always a delight to see these mean machines (i mean CBR 600s).

thats the bike i had myself. but in black and silver. mine was a 99 model. bought it in bombay in 2000 november. sold it in madras in 2002 may. guy who bought it crashed it quite bad. finally sold for 2.5L to some guy in Pune (I heard).

had a micron race can on it. sounded too sweet. totally miss my track days with my friend on his ZX-6R.

end of one of our track days, removing racing slicks from the city and putting back road tyres, while former zx-6r owner poses for a snap:

pic 2:

me & my cbr:

internet pic of my bike:

my dream bike#2:

my dream bike #1 is the MV Agusta 1000. but dont have any pics of it on my computer.

hi guys
S600a friend of mine just got this black / red f4, its just come down from dubai on TR, its a completely fresh import, been here only a week, registration done by this week, full duty paid,unfortunately not for sale!!

you'll see it in bandra soon

the owner has worked for honds bikes there, bought it there, rode it there, & now got it back down here with him,its immaculate & very very clean!

Nice pics man real sweet love the paint job:cool:

hey bikerSG , is the guy in dark blue t-shirt JD . i was there for the coimbator lgb race during the rains, i am a good friend of amay was there with him . i met jd there. was the bike TN reg. i had seen it with raju in pune.what bike do you own now. i just sold my zx9r,looking to buy some thing better.

XtremeG, have a brand new 954RR for sale. 2003 model,imported 2004, red and black. Unregistered. If interested PM me. Price 8.25L.

hey xtremeg,

that is jd. the one in the tank is me.

jd had a zx-6r when i had my cbr600f. we always rode together - in the city, on ecr and also on the track. we both dont have bikes of our own, but use some of our friends bikes. i'd like to get a ducati, but the kind of prices the indian dealer is quoting, it'll be a while since i get my hands on one.

my bike was a TN reg - 3933 i think. had a 105db micron race can on it. sweet sweet sound! and k&n filter too. used to fly on the track.

if u've been to the chennai track, read on - me and jd decided to ride anti-clockwise 1 sunday. it was just manic - i was exiting C1 at 160kph at full tilt! it was such a blast. totally miss my track days!

next car races in chen are on 7th nov - this coming sunday, just for ur info. come if u can.

SG

It real good.Love that black and red combo.
Any idea of how much its costing in India after the imports,reg n stuff??

X