Team-BHP - W126 Bullet Proof 500 SEL Spotted
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   W126 Bullet Proof 500 SEL Spotted (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2123-w126-bullet-proof-500-sel-spotted.html)

Hi guys,

Seen a black 500 SEL [W126] today. Had bullet proof glass, VIP regn. The glass looked as if 4-5 different ones had been stuck together. Just above the dash was a TV screen which showed what was behind the car. There were 2-3 extra gadgets too but could not figure out what they were.

was for sale at the back pages of ACI several months ago - if i recollect

Now these are the kind of pictures I like to see...a W126 in what seems to be absolutely immaculate condition. From the head lights itself, you can tell that it is an american spec S Class. But this is not the actual car is it, V12? Its still got an american registration, and the surroundings seem to be yankee too.

GTO

ya gto thats not the actual car. the car i saw was in very very good condition. and it was BLACK.
Will try to get some pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Now these are the kind of pictures I like to see...a W126 in what seems to be absolutely immaculate condition.

Only thing missing is the headlight wiper

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice nice nice. It aint my birthday for another couple of months, but thanks anyways V12.

GTO

There's one in my building parking lot too.Not used for quite some time now.Will take a few pics and post em.

X

Here is another 500 SEL. It had a tarpaulin over the roof.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I saw an immaculate greenish (couldnt be sure of the exact shade as it was night time) 560SEL in Pune. And boy, can it fly off the line! It was couple of cars ahead of me at a signal, and when the lights turned green, the driver just took off. Cannot believe such a big, heavy car with an automatic transmission which is almost 2 decades old can move with such agility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon
Here is another 500 SEL. It had a tarpaulin over the roof.

Are those Lorinser rims ?

They sure look like Lorinsers.

Gordon, thats a 500 sel allright but it s not TARPAULIN on the roof, its whats called as a "Landaulette" thats a custom convertible. Ive seen this car and was imported about 15 years back...(think its an 84) from london and the roofs a power roof. looks crazy like that with the roof down. stupid mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16
not TARPAULIN on the roof, its whats called as a "Landaulette" thats a custom convertible.

the roof will probably be vinyl. Landaulet (or Landaulette) is a term used to describe such cars having a vinyl/canvas folding-roof.

a lot of Cadillacs & Lincolns have such a roof as optional.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16
Gordon, thats a 500 sel allright but it s not TARPAULIN on the roof, its whats called as a "Landaulette" thats a custom convertible. Ive seen this car and was imported about 15 years back...(think its an 84) from london and the roofs a power roof. looks crazy like that with the roof down. stupid mod.

Lol whatever. It has a hardtop, over that a "cloth" and where would that hardtop open and go. Moreover its a four door.