Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 18:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini Urus: 8-9 month waiting period in India

It's no secret that the Urus is one of the most successful models for Lamborghini. The SUV now has a waiting period of 8-9 months in India.

Lamborghini Urus: 8-9 month waiting period in India-urus-1.jpg

In 2019, Lamborghini sold 65 units in the country and posted a growth of 30% compared to 2018. In 2020, even with the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting lockdown, the company managed to sell 52 cars. The big boost in sales is said to be all thanks to the Urus.

The Italian carmaker claims that many of SUV's customers are first time buyers and that the customers are now looking at Lamborghini's other sports cars as well. The SUV is also said to be helping them grow in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.

Lamborghini Urus: 8-9 month waiting period in India-urus-2.jpg

The Lamborghini Urus is powered by a 4.0-litre, twin-turbo V8 engine that produces 641 BHP and 850 Nm. It comes with an all-wheel drive system. It can reach from 100 km/h from a standstill in 3.6 seconds and hit a top speed of 306 km/h.

Lamborghini Urus: 8-9 month waiting period in India-urus-3.jpg

Lamborghini Urus: 8-9 month waiting period in India-urus-4.jpg

Source: carandbike

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by ChiragM : 6th January 2021 at 18:19.
ChiragM is online now   (27) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 19:34   #2
BHPian

Re: Lamborghini Urus: 8-9 month waiting period in India

This reminds of a very apt video on Urus by Powerdrift:

"The Urus exists, so that Lamborghini can."
pavanmadhini is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 20:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

But isn't long waiting periods the norm among premium manufacturers?

The Urus is truly the Cayenne moment for Lamborghini. You need money to research and build better cars to make more money.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 23:12   #4
BHPian

And I keep seeing one car on Hosur Road that is driven by a driver with the owner sitting behind!! LOL
killjoy is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 23:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
The Urus is truly the Cayenne moment for Lamborghini. You need money to research and build better cars to make more money.
I get the direction porsche took with the cayenne money but the recent launches from bologna have not given me much hope. maybe winkelmann's return will change things around.
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 03:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
And I keep seeing one car on Hosur Road that is driven by a driver with the owner sitting behind!! LOL
Of all the cars the owner could get for the backseat and to be driven around in(read = S Class) he picked a Lambo SUV.(He most probably owns several of those already I guess)

The chauffeur must really love his job then. No two opinions about that. After all, it isn't everyday that you get to drive powerful exotic beasts and get paid for it.

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 7th January 2021 at 04:05.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 08:16   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
. It is cars like these that save companies & brands.

Quote:
I empathise with the owner. Maybe he prefers to drive it himself only in fun conditions (e.g. early morning, late night, on the highway) and uses a chauffeur for traffic. Better being used, than staying put as a garage queen IMHO. And that's the purpose of the Urus - to have a dual personality. Fun when you want, practical at other times.

It could also be shared between family members. Say, Dad can use it for chauffeur-driven office use and the son can self-drive when he's taking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Of all the cars the owner could get for the backseat and to be driven around in(read = S Class) he picked a Lambo SUV.(He most probably owns several of those already I guess)
True. But one good thing about such fast SUVs is that you don't need to own an S-Class and a Lamborghini sports car separately. They combine the fun + practical elements.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 08:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a blue one that is seen in electronic city, according to a fellow member, the owner does long distance driving himself. The other thing is, it's not owned by a real estate operator, which is the usual profile of these owners in bangalore. I think at this tax bracket, you can't afford to be in bad mood dealing with traffic. I would keep a driver for weekdays, if(a big if) I have to travel on Hosur Road in a high price import.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 09:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa!
Don't pay for a Lambo but get paid to drive one? If this is not a dream job, I don't know what is? Where do I apply?
RedTerrano is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 09:18   #10
BHPian

The worldwide market, except certain places was following the trend for an SUV. And everyone was forced to make one and hell, even the Rolls had to roll out one, so did the Bentley.

The way Urus was conceived is a testament to the evolution and transformation of Lamborghini with time and market. There was no sweeter deal than Urus. You get a 4 door family SUV, which can be driven to a school to drop the kids off, then drift on a race track and compete with most cars (leaving out purpose built hypercars) before having lunch at a fine dine restaurant and do a bit of off-roading while going back to home!

No wonder it was sold out in India when they launched the first year.

Will we get to see an Urus competitor from Ferrari?

Last edited by saikarthik : 7th January 2021 at 09:19.
saikarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 06:19   #11
BHPian

Low slung exotics can barely go 500 metres before having to traverse an unscientifically made mountain of a speed breaker. Let alone practicality, they are simply unusable in India.

These ultra premium SUV's will therefore be effective in unlocking a part of the market that has always had the money for these type of cars but can now actually use them instead of simply being garage ornaments.

Also why the Urus is my dream car.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th January 2021 at 07:59. Reason: Edited as requested.
Old 9th January 2021, 11:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
It's no secret that the Urus is one of the most successful models for Lamborghini. The SUV now has a waiting period of 8-9 months in India.
Actually the waiting period is similar in Europe as well. It's the bread and butter car for Lamborghini globally,not just India. Interestingly, both Urus and Cayenne are selling like hot cakes, but RSQ8 sharing the same platform not so much. The badge does matter after all.
Old 9th January 2021, 13:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Most Definitely. This was revealed by Auto Trader today
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
Will we get to see an Urus competitor from Ferrari?
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks