Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 08:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Maserati Ghibli launched at Rs. 1.15 crore

If we push this thread t-bhp has every chance of spreading the truth in the world about how Maserati is just an idea and not a physical product.
amol4184 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 09:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

I drive the Ghibli v6 quite a lot. The car definitely has a character, meaty exhaust note, aspirational design etc. but is no where worth the $. Not to mention the maintenance cost and the associated spares are damn costly too. Compared to the Ghibli my dodge charger v6 feels smoother but a bit slow. 1.15cr INR is exorbitant by all standards.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 10:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
But then again, Dubai is a complete make believe place. If you have any sense, nobody would willingly admit to having lived in Dubai. So yes, there are make believe people in Dubai who own, make believe Maserati’s. And as always with such myth, they are happy and get unbelievable good deals on their trade in’s from the local Maserati dealer.
Yup, only in a mythical world would someone actually PAY to go slower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshan Joshi View Post
At the end of they day what sounds better?

" I drive a Mercedes. "

Or

" I drive a Maserati."
Buddy, you are so desperate to prove the existence of Maserati that you had to put the name in Italics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
I drive the Ghibli v6 quite a lot. The car definitely has a character, meaty exhaust note, aspirational design etc.
My unicorn has lots of character too and it poops rainbows. The only difference? I don’t have to lose a kidney to maintain it.

P.S. you are lucky you can even drive it.

Unless by driving you mean something like this ——

2021 Maserati Ghibli launched at Rs. 1.15 crore-2f200ee0f9914177a42d42e18af1452d.jpeg

Last edited by EightSix : 9th February 2021 at 10:26. Reason: Disclaimer: just a joke, no offence to anyone intended
EightSix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 10:53   #34
BHPian

The only Maserati I saw was driven by 'Deckard Shaw' in 'Furious 7' in which he took Dominic Toretto's Plymouth Head-on.
Sachin V.W. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 11:02   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I've seen only one Maserati in the flesh- on the road in Auckland a few years ago. I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't imagining it. It was a really weird colour too- some electric blue- and I did not like it.

But I believe Jeroen so am willing to believe someone had just popped a fake grille and logo on an old Toyota and given it a shiny paint job
noopster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 12:59   #36
BHPian

Arrey bhai @Jeroen you have a wicked sense of humor...
I remember having seen a Maserati showroom on MG Road in Bangalore. Always used to wonder if they ever sold one. Until I saw one last weekend.
I pray that a Ghibli befalls you soon.
Saw an AM Rapide, Urus, AMG C43, Mustang 5.0 and M2 at the same event along with Ducati (998, 1098, Hyperstrada), Ninja (Z800,1000), BMW(1200, S100RR), HD 48... et al.
bhargav2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 14:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin V.W. View Post
The only Maserati I saw was driven by 'Deckard Shaw' in 'Furious 7' in which he took Dominic Toretto's Plymouth Head-on.
So are you also trying to argue that just because you saw it in a movie means it exists?

As Jeroen rightly said, Maserati is nothing but a make-believe brand driven by make-believe people.

You could also say that a Canyonero exists because you saw Marge driving one in the Simpsons.

Last edited by EightSix : 9th February 2021 at 14:20. Reason: No offence to anyone, just a joke post in what has become a joke thread
EightSix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 17:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
So are you also trying to argue that just because you saw it in a movie means it exists?

As Jeroen rightly said, Maserati is nothing but a make-believe brand driven by make-believe people.

You could also say that a Canyonero exists because you saw Marge driving one in the Simpsons.
What an example ! lovely !

No sir ! I don't dare to challenge Jeroen sir's claim about the brand. But one thing for sure, I'm a sucker for that Trident logo. Someday, I will try to put that on my humble MS Baleno but definitely try not to take someone head-on considering how strong my car is.
Sachin V.W. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 18:02   #39
BHPian

They say Arjun Kapoor owns a Levante.. wonder if that is also just a myth like his acting skills.

Can only claim to have seen a GT and a Levante in 25 years of car spotting.
Avinash_R is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 15:49   #40

Yes, I'm only 18 years old, unlike most of the people here and don't want to cause a stir. But I just love Maserati. They are a one-of-a-kind company and produce really good cars. Yes, they may be overpriced and may not be reliable. But wherever I've read about their cars, I've been met with the words "driving pleasure".
Talking about value for money, why doesn't anyone accuse Rolls Royce of making overpriced cars? (Yes, I just said that). Honestly, they are a brand I've never really understood. None of their cars are value-for-money as far as I can see. A certain SUV of theirs is ugly on another level too. (Don't get me wrong, I'm still trying to figure out what makes them so special. This opinion isn't fixed.)
Coming back, Maserati really reminds me of Alfa Romeo. Unreliable but wonderful cars. And as Jeremy Clarkson says, you should own an Alfa once in your life.
Claws is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 09:55   #41
BHPian

I don't think customers are in a frame of mind where they look for VFM when they're shopping for a Rolls Royce or a Bentley or, for that matter, a Maserati. Plus, you see their customization options like a 50mm Dia clock on the dash costing upwards of INR 20 Lakhs, you pretty much get their drift. I recently stumbled onto a sub brand named Lagonda, which is a more premium marque within the Aston Martin range (yes, I saw Supercar Blondie talking about it). It is, to the Aston Martin, what Maybach is to the S Class. So, you see, they're going in the OPPOSITE direction to the whole VFM notion of cars.
bhargav2015 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks