Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2021, 13:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Petrolhead interview of the month | Jatin Ahuja, MD of Big Boy Toyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
+1 on this observation.

C Class owners are more often at the lower rungs of the wealth ladder and tend to be scrupulous of how they spend their money and the return, while also wanting the prestige and glory.

S class owners are wealthy and frankly don't care. Customers of this wealth bracket will not haggle over pricing and inclusion of free servicing and plastic mats.

Helping a friend purchase an C Class at the moment, and the non stop questions he asks about mileage, service intervals, freebies, after sales support irritates me. It's been 3 months and he still hasn't made up his mind.

Met a hotelier a year ago, who rocked into the Merc showroom and bought an S Class on a whim. Spent a grand total of 10 minutes in the showroom.
i know someone who has 7 mercedes in the family amongst others, from a b class to a g63, the last time he entered a mercedes showroom was over 15 years ago. not one was delivered at the showroom, all were delivered at home or office by the dealer's drivers.
Old 7th August 2021, 14:30   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Petrolhead interview of the month | Jatin Ahuja, MD of Big Boy Toyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Apparently, BBT has a fixed price with no bargaining room. This is unusual for a used car dealer. I have interacted with Jatin and his team in the past and they seem pretty stuck up on the pricing. But if this was true then how do 5% of their cars end up in a loss!?
I will take all their statements with a pinch of salt. They negotiate super hard and offer extremely low prices (at least 20-25% lower than fair prices) when you are to sell (personal experience). Yes, they won't negotiate on the phone or Emails, but you visit them, and they will do.

They will pick expensive stuff, which other dealers usually can't buy due to the value and get at showroom. Sometimes, agreement is to pay in certain days of purchase and a deposit is done and the car taken. Due to the wide network and the web traffic, they do get customers.

Usually, they have a lot of repeat customers especially for higher end. As they publicize, you pay bear 25% depreciation in a Year and return the car. I dont know if we can change the ownership or it must be kept at previous owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
the last time he entered a mercedes showroom was over 15 years ago. not one was delivered at the showroom, all were delivered at home or office by the dealer's drivers.
Pretty common in NCR. Drivers or Flat Truck delivery is quite common. Not just for MB but even Toyotas
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks