Team-BHP - My 1976 Toyota Corona Restored
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   My 1976 Toyota Corona Restored (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/24247-my-1976-toyota-corona-restored.html)

minor work is still pending

Gautam, looks like a good job. Can you pls put up more details ?

Also, can you have 3 separate snaps, or atleast a vertical arrangement, so that viewing is easier. thnx

very nice job also a under hood picture.

Hello, welcome to Yakuza central!!!

Nice work Gautam! Congratulations, can you also give us some more details about the car like the Engine spec etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 443016)
Hello, welcome to Yakuza central!!!

Hahahaha Bang on C3PO, it looks exactly like that!! Only wish it was black for the ultimate yakuza look!

Very nice restoration, would you happen to have the "before" pictures ? It would be great to see the difference & appreciate the effort even more.

Cheers

Nice work there gautam,yes me too interested in knowing what's powering the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 (Post 443046)
Very nice restoration, would you happen to have the "before" pictures ? It would be great to see the difference & appreciate the effort even more.

Cheers

My thoughts as well.

Information on how you sourced/managed spares replacement would help a lot.

Nice job. How did you manage the spares ?

the body and interiors have been restored while the engine has not been restored as of yet. some years back my dad had changed the original petrol to some toyota diesel engine i think a 1.5-1.6 ltr diesel. I will be getting a original petrol engine of this car from dubai. Before the engine was changed the spares i used to order from a uncle of mine who lives in bharain who works for toyota. he gets the spares manufactured from japan as and when needed. i still have a lot of new spares of the petrol engine so i waiting to get the diesel changed back to the original petrol.

sorry guys i forgot to take pictures before restoring it would have been a good comparison if i had the before and after pictures but unfortunately it skipped my mind.

the original engine was a 2.0 litre petrol engine . as soon as i get the original engine restored i will post pics of that. it might take 2 to 3 months to get a original engine from dubai. the availability of the engine has been confirmed so as soon as my uncle in dubai has the time to check the engine he will check it and send it.

Wow a NEW ENGINE !!!!!! It surely helps to know people working in the Car Manufacturers' outfit.:p I guess it's just great to be able to restore a relatively old car into an as good as new condition - that's the good thing about Japanese cars.

Cheers

we had this exact model when i was a kid! same colour too - sure brings back memories. Do you have any shots of the interior?

Man, this brings back memories. A friends dad used to drop us to school in this Toyota.

Nice restoration. How come you decided to retain a 30 year old car?

i love this car for some reason thats why got it restored. and dad had taken really good care of it for about 20 years. he loved the car as and it was his first big car at that time. he spent so much money on it . then he did not use it much so it got really bad and since he is no more and i really did not feel like giving it off so i decided to restore it and use it. all my friends love it to and since it has a very very powerful a/c some of them call it kashmir. also not many youngsters drive such cars but i just love driviing around in it.

nice to see that it brings back memories of a lot of u guys.