Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 17:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore

The 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 and GT3 Touring is now available in India. Both models are priced at Rs. 2.50 crore (ex-showroom).

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-screenshot-20220207-174109.jpg

The 911 GT3 is a track-focused version of the 992-generation Porsche 911. While the regular GT3 gets a massive spoiler at the back, the Touring is more subtle, while offering similar levels of performance.

Speaking of performance, the new GT3 is powered by a 4.0-litre, flat-six engine that produces 503 BHP and 470 Nm. The engine is mated to either a 6-speed manual or a PDK dual-clutch automatic transmission that sends power to the rear axle.

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-screenshot-20220207-174131.jpg

According to Porsche, the GT3 can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 3.4 seconds (6MT- 3.9 seconds) and will reach a top speed of 320 km/h. The new model features double-wishbone suspension all around.

Porsche also offers an optional Clubsport package that includes a roll cage, a 6-point racing harness and a fire extinguisher. It is available at no extra cost.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 17:05   #2
BHPian

Re: 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore

This has to be the most powerful manual car that you could currently purchase in the country, 911 Turbo S comes with the 8 speed PDK.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 21:18   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Porsche Centre Delhi delivers India's first new 911 GT3 in Agate Grey Metallic.

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-fb_img_1645544762745.jpg

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-fb_img_1645544765263.jpg

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-fb_img_1645544789646.jpg

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-fb_img_1645544771278.jpg

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-fb_img_1645544773585.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 21:27   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Porsche Centre Delhi delivers India's first new 911 GT3 with Touring Package.

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-20220411_212954.jpg

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-fb_img_1649692691333.jpg

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-fb_img_1649692452827.jpg

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-fb_img_1649692506221.jpg

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-fb_img_1649692457707.jpg

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 & GT3 Touring priced at Rs. 2.50 crore-fb_img_1649692460232.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 11th April 2022 at 21:31.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 21:29   #5
BHPian

Being a Porsche owner myself, I fail to understand a few things:

1. How can Porsche take away the beautiful Hydraulic steering that their 997.2 (The last gen to have one) had and replace with the artificially weighted electric steering that they still couldn't get right till date.

In fact, none of the manufacturers (Ferrari, Audi, etc.) who switched to the electric steering could get it right, they simply can't if it's electric. What stops them to go back other than profits and extra labor? These are multi-million dollar cars for heaven's sake. I need something better than that.

2. How can people spend Double the money in India to buy these cars (I know they're rich and have 'spare' cash lying around) and not question the government about it?

For the price of this one car in India, one can move abroad, get a permanent residence and buy this car and get to drive on real tarmac (Yes, the tax payers do get their money's worth in developed countries to a great extent) and get the true joy of driving on twisting roads.

And for those spending the money on a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, well they can get a lot more for that money multiplied by 2.

Food for thought....
Old 18th April 2022, 22:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
1. How can Porsche take away the beautiful Hydraulic steering that their 997.2 (The last gen to have one) had and replace with the artificially weighted electric steering that they still couldn't get right till date.
Here's the answer for question 1:
Turbohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 06:25   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Here's the answer for question 1:
https://Youtu.be/y7s6JwCR29A
Yes I had seen that video. Thanks for sharing. The guy is bang on. Its the profits that dictate the decision as I already mentioned. Fire safety is only a way to market it, you'll see more cars catching fire due to issues other than Hydraulic steering oil, that's for sure.

Although Electric steering makes sense for the regular cars to keep the costs low (Err... even Mitsubishi Cedia came with a Hydraulic Steering though), but when it comes to these performance cars or even expensive luxury cars for that matter, it's totally unacceptable if these compromises are involved. The whole idea of driving a SPORTS CAR is direct feedback and raw handling. The moment you take that away from it, it's no longer a sports car. Its only a luxury tourer on 4 wheels that has 2 doors and looks like a sports car. I mean for me, personally, I need the steering to communicate with me. I simply hate those artificially weighted electric steering wheels giving no feedback while driving. I'd rather not drive but be driven around in that case.
The Rainmaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 08:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
Being a Porsche owner myself, I fail to understand a few things
Quote:
How can people spend Double the money in India to buy these cars (I know they're rich and have 'spare' cash lying around) and not question the government about it?

. So how much did you pay or what reason did you give to yourself? Remember we are a democratic country, a person having no income has the same rights as someone owning a Ferrari. And we all know, how many people can afford the cars vs say bicycles.

Quote:
For the price of this one car in India, one can move abroad, get a permanent residence and buy this car and get to drive on real tarmac
Right, but what if that person has a work here in India and earns in INR? The best he can do is go on vacation and live a few months every Year and drive his Porsche but when he comes back, what do you expect him to drive? Almost all Luxury cars in India are at least 50% expensive ( due to GST) and the CBU’s at least 100% (due to customs and GST).

Also, most of the buyers in India for such high-end cars are corporates or HNI, who will end up claiming a big chunk of the spending as depreciation expenses and the same on repairs and fuel. Overseas, one has to be very clear on how much you can claim and on what all cars. If you have multiple cars overseas, the best you can do is split your mileage on all cars and claim proportionally whereas, in India, there are no such restrictions.

Quote:
And for those spending the money on a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, well they can get a lot more for that money multiplied by 2.
Many people buy these as a status symbol as well. Not just the insane prices but the road conditions make many of the sports cars, highly cumbersome to drive.

Everything is completely OT though.

On the subject, my question will be, what will be your pick as a daily drive, a GT3 touring vs a Turbo-S which though 20% or so expensive, gets a whole lot of equipment and is a totally different as far as driving on normal roads is concerned.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th April 2022 at 08:48.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 12:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
. So how much did you pay or what reason did you give to yourself? Remember we are a democratic country, a person having no income has the same rights as someone owning a Ferrari. And we all know, how many people can afford the cars vs say bicycles.

If you read my signature, it's a 2012 model. That time Imported cars were not double the price. There was an import duty but within reason, of course.

As for democratic country, I wish that were true. It's only on paper. The reality is quite different and I've suffered the disparity myself many times so I really don't think our country is a democracy in practice. Interestingly enough, being a citizen of this country I'm not allowed to exercise certain basic rights (for some reason I can't share here) just because the government doesn't want to have the infrastructure in place to curb the wrong doings and the corrupt system that works hand in hand. So they take away our rights instead. Trust me, I face it everyday. Been there, done that!

Quote:
Right, but what if that person has a work here in India and earns in INR? The best he can do is go on vacation and live a few months every Year and drive his Porsche but when he comes back, what do you expect him to drive? Almost all Luxury cars in India are at least 50% expensive ( due to GST) and the CBU’s at least 100% (due to customs and GST).

Well then it's his choice to stay in this country and pay higher taxes while earning less. Obviously the most practical choice (If you have the kind of money to buy a Sports Car) would be to move abroad, get a PR and a better standard of living. Most of my friends who sold off their businesses and moved abroad say that this was the best decision they ever made. I'm planning to do that too if all goes well. This is just not the country for car enthusiasts, that's for sure.

Quote:
Also, most of the buyers in India for such high-end cars are corporates or HNI, who will end up claiming a big chunk of the spending as depreciation expenses and the same on repairs and fuel. Overseas, one has to be very clear on how much you can claim and on what all cars. If you have multiple cars overseas, the best you can do is split your mileage on all cars and claim proportionally whereas, in India, there are no such restrictions.

True. That's where the rich become richer using these loopholes. You're very right about that!

Quote:
Many people buy these as a status symbol as well. Not just the insane prices but the road conditions make many of the sports cars, highly cumbersome to drive.

Everything is completely OT though.

Again, that's correct. This is not the country where you can enjoy driving your car on the streets. In fact, they don't even know the true purpose of speed breakers. I see speed breakers on regular city roads and even on highways in some states. I mean if they don't even know such basic things, what else can we expect from our illiterate political leaders running this nation. Talk of Civic sense

Quote:
On the subject, my question will be, what will be your pick as a daily drive, a GT3 touring vs a Turbo-S which though 20% or so expensive, gets a whole lot of equipment and is a totally different as far as driving on normal roads is concerned.
With due respect, I'd pick Neither. Their large sedan like dimensions, longer wheelbases, electric steering and digital screens and clusters stray away from the true essence of a sports car which has to be analog. I'd rather wait until they come out with something that is a TRUE sports car with the right dimensions and yes hydraulic steering so that I can feel the drive.

But good arguments you put out there Turbanator especially about the new 911. That's an interesting thought. This forum has a lot of information that I'm sure everyone can benefit from
The Rainmaker is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks