Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2009, 12:04   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Ahh nice. Going by the pictures this looks like its at auto hangar in worli. If still there i shall go to see the 55.

no no .. its not autohangar
and no Mr. iRaghava i did not get to drive this automobile
Old 7th March 2009, 12:27   #32
BHPian

Spotted the G outside four season last night. It was parked on the road next to the new LS.
Old 9th March 2009, 16:54   #33
BHPian

This car is usually parked up in my building, along with some seriously impressive machinery.

And if this isnt the car from my building, im staggered! 2 black g55s in mumbai!

How much would one of these cost in india??
Old 9th March 2009, 18:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrspeed12 View Post
This car is usually parked up in my building, along with some seriously impressive machinery.

And if this isnt the car from my building, im staggered! 2 black g55s in mumbai!

How much would one of these cost in india??
It'll cost you around 1.45Cr if you import it through a Merc dealer. I got this quote almost a year back, I'm not sure if its revised.
Old 10th March 2009, 04:39   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrspeed12 View Post
Theres more?!
What other cars are parked at the Mahal?

cya
R
Old 10th March 2009, 13:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Theres more?!
What other cars are parked at the Mahal?

cya
R
Theres a
ferrari 430 spyder
Bentley Arnage
Porsche 911 c2
BMW 6 series (recently in an accident)

Along with, I think 3-4 S classes (one of them being mine)
A whole bunch of other mercs, bmws and audis.

I hope this is appropriate, since I havent really mentioned where my building is and what it's name is.
Old 1st April 2009, 20:55   #37
BHPian

wow! looks amazing and killer in black. but interiors are not that impresive. the white one also looks kind of bolero'ish from side profile from distance. lol. and many people would not even know what kind of value and prestige this car is associated with. would be better if mercedes just slightly round some of the edges and get rid of the external hinges and make it a more classy look by not changing the original form much. and even throw some much G class deserving interiors and features.

all in all this is a timeless design and merc just need to polish it a little bit. rang rover sport is also not much of a looker just like this. looks wise BMW X5 and the Audi Q7 are better. even the Hummer looks amazing. compared to them these two, G class and Rangie, has a more utilitarian, boxy shape.

just my two cents!
Old 1st April 2009, 22:07   #38
BHPian

wanted to know a few things..

1) is the ride really stiff and harsh compared to Range rover or cayenne or X5 and Q7? on road and off it too.

2) the power seems great but how good is the handling of this car? does it not feel top heavy and scary around corners when driving with that kind of power?

3) does it have all the features for proper offroading like differential locks and other stuffs like the ones on Rangie and hummer H2? and hows the offroad performance when compared to the Range Rover and Hummer?

4) how is the comfort level in the front as well as the rear?

5) and last but not the least.. sounds stupid but.. what will be the average like?! lol.

sorry for asking so many questions but.. love this suv and wantd to know more about it.
Old 2nd April 2009, 08:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
wanted to know a few things..

1) is the ride really stiff and harsh compared to Range rover or cayenne or X5 and Q7? on road and off it too.

2) the power seems great but how good is the handling of this car? does it not feel top heavy and scary around corners when driving with that kind of power?

3) does it have all the features for proper offroading like differential locks and other stuffs like the ones on Rangie and hummer H2? and hows the offroad performance when compared to the Range Rover and Hummer?

4) how is the comfort level in the front as well as the rear?

5) and last but not the least.. sounds stupid but.. what will be the average like?! lol.

sorry for asking so many questions but.. love this suv and wantd to know more about it.

As a person who has driven it & enjoyed it I think I could answer this questions on G55:

1. The ride a bit hard compared to cayenne & rangies as its build on lader frame, but doesn't mean it bad. Considering its build on lader frame, the ride is much better than we expect!

2. Even though its a high car, this one of the best driver's car made by Merc. It feel very enthusiastic while driving it!

3. It has got all the feature for a pure off-roader, like differentioan loack, low range gears, etc. and its popularly know as one of the best offroaders in the world.

4. Front seats are very comfortable, but I've not experainced the rear seats, so can't comand on it.

5. The average will be around 3-4kpl. If u go off-road it'll drop drastically, thats obivous!
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

I think the front seats of this G class are the same as the Merc S class, the version before the one currently sold.
Old 11th December 2009, 02:02   #41
BHPian

G55 AMG in Mumbai..How did I ever miss this thread!!!!!!. For me, any guy who gets to listen to its exhaust is the luckiest in India.

I just love the shiny black ones that arabs ship into London in summer and rip through the roads scaring the bejesus out of everyone
Old 11th December 2009, 06:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

how did i ever miss this thread. the g looks amazing.True stunner.
Must be having amazing road presence.
Old 11th December 2009, 13:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

What?! how did this thread go unnoticed with so many G-lovers on the forum? Just three pages! and March 2009 seems ancient now!
Anyways, I am at a loss of words to describe that car...phew!

Last edited by Jayabusa : 11th December 2009 at 13:15.
Old 12th December 2009, 00:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
What?! how did this thread go unnoticed with so many G-lovers on the forum? Just three pages! and March 2009 seems ancient now!
Anyways, I am at a loss of words to describe that car...phew!
I think all the G-lovers turned into the other thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-wagen-16.html.

Mods: should we incorperate both the threads?
Old 12th December 2009, 00:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Was on my way home from town on the Western Express Highway at Santacruz when I heard the distinct AMG growl and up came the G55 next to my car . It was with me side by side till Andheri. Simple design yet so much character. Has road presence like no other. Awesome !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks