Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2022, 13:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari 296 GTB launched in India at Rs 5.40 crore

Ferrari 296 GTB launched at Rs 5.40 crore.

› 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged V6
› 166hp electric motor
› Combined 830hp, 741Nm
› 8-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
› 0-100kph in 2.9 seconds, top speed of over 330kph

Name:  20220826125626_Ferrari 2.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  77.9 KB

Name:  20220826125626_Ferrari.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  75.2 KB

Ferrari 296 GTB launched in India at Rs 5.40 crore-20220826_131023.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th August 2022 at 13:20.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 15:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ferrari 296 GTB launched in India at Rs 5.40 crore

Ferrari 296 GTB launched in India at Rs 5.40 crore - Post moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 23:51   #3
BHPian

I get that this isn't a mass-market car, and as such traditional pricing "rules" might not apply, but doesn't the 5.4 crore base price seem ludicrous? I just came from the Huracan Tecnica thread, and at 4.04 crore, you can effectively get an iconic Huracan (with it being the last NA V10 Lambo) + 7 Series or A8 for the price of an 'entry-level' V6 Ferrari! Nuts... It might boast of technical wizardry that may even make it faster than the Huracan, but is it worth the steep premium? Curious to know the thoughts of other members.
Old 27th August 2022, 02:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnInternetUser View Post
traditional pricing "rules" might not apply,
The answer you seek is in your question The whole point of a Ferrari is to be "Ludicrous!" There's no correlation and equivalence between all of the comparisons we would make or even think of!

This is art, that is sold to the highest buyer. All we can do, is admire it.
Old 27th August 2022, 11:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
'entry-level' V6 Ferrari!
The 296 GTB is not entry level. The Portofino and F8 are entry level compared to this. They created a tamer version of the SF90 Stradale with hybrid technology. The pricing is correct as this is just a notch below the halo model. The Huracan should be compared with F8. This is above the Huracan in every aspect.
peepo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 22:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
The answer you seek is in your question The whole point of a Ferrari is to be "Ludicrous!" There's no correlation and equivalence between all of the comparisons we would make or even think of!

This is art, that is sold to the highest buyer. All we can do, is admire it.
Haha, true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepo View Post
The 296 GTB is not entry level. The Portofino and F8 are entry level compared to this. They created a tamer version of the SF90 Stradale with hybrid technology. The pricing is correct as this is just a notch below the halo model. The Huracan should be compared with F8. This is above the Huracan in every aspect.
Thanks for clarifying! I wasn't aware that this sat above the F8. I thought this sat in between the F8 and the Roma.

I don't feel I can comment on whether the pricing is "correct" or not, this is a high-performance supercar at the end of the day and for every justification for the price tag, there might be one against it. My comments were made keeping in mind the value the average supercar owner might get. So for the same money as a V6 Ferrari with hybrid tech, you could get a luxo barge and a last-of-its-kind V10 supercar, or a 720S Spider (5.04 crore). But on second thought, someone in the market for a 296 is probably unlikely to consider these.

I checked the global prices and they felt a little overpriced, too. I guess the hybrid tech comes at a (steep) cost...
Old 28th August 2022, 21:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
I get that this isn't a mass-market car, and as such traditional pricing "rules" might not apply, but doesn't the 5.4 crore base price seem ludicrous? I just came from the Huracan Tecnica thread, and at 4.04 crore, you can effectively get an iconic Huracan (with it being the last NA V10 Lambo) + 7 Series or A8 for the price of an 'entry-level' V6 Ferrari! Nuts... It might boast of technical wizardry that may even make it faster than the Huracan, but is it worth the steep premium? Curious to know the thoughts of other members.
Feel the pricing might be justified considering this is a baby SF90 and will run rings around a Huracan - whether on track or in a straight line. The era of engine configuration and displacement dictating price is coming to a close now as electrification pushes horsepower and torque figures into the stratosphere of the frankly ridiculous.

But, all said and done, it’s a good looking car and Blu Pozzi is a lovely shade. Although this is one Ferrari that would look far better in a lighter colour owing to all the iconic lines and design cues it borrows from older ones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks