Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2023, 01:27   #1
BHPian

Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club

Hi fellow car enthusiasts.,

I had the pleasure of attending Bayview Motorclub's Cars & Coffee meet-up last Sunday. After thinking about it for a day, I am writing here to share my wonderful experience at the meet-up.

Attending a Cars & Coffee is something that I have always wanted to do. Driving to the location on an early Sunday morning, meeting like-minded people with their cherished machines, seeing and showing off your car in a judgement free environment, having a sumptuous breakfast and gathering around car after car, it's brings out the enormous camaraderie among car enthusiasts. When people are passionate about something, it's arguably the most beautiful thing in the world.

One small problem. I didn't know about any Cars & Coffee meet-ups happening in Mumbai at least one that was open to public. Until now - My friend Jagath was well connected in the community and he told me about one such meet-up happening. The event being a Sunday, I instantly confirmed and I waited till the Sunday in full excitement thereafter.

Tickets for the event including breakfast and parking charges was one thousand per head. This event was being organised in collaboration with Horsepower Cartel, a YouTube channel that's becoming increasingly popular and the newly founded Bayview Motorclub. Bayview lawns were selected for its vast parking space and the great sea facing location. It was a truly impressive yet calm place in the midst of the hustling and bustling city that Mumbai is.

On Sunday, I left from Thane in Coco after six in the morning for Bayview lawns which was in south Bombay. My friend Jagath was also coming from Khopoli with his XL6 lovingly called Hudson. I reach there at around 8 when the meet-up was scheduled to start. Jagath was running a bit late after sleeping for a bit extra but we can only blame the monsoons

Upon arriving the location, Santhosh from horsepower cartel was there to validate the entires and I entered by showing my transition on google pay. The area were lined with young motoring enthusiasts drooling at car after the other. Some had their mighty cameras working hard to capture those beautiful machines. All these pictures were later going to bless the social media feeds of thousands and thousands of more enthusiasts. Santhosh handed the bands to be kept during the event and to enter the breakfast. The organisers then guided to the parking where I was suggested to park Coco facing the sea.

Starting this photo essay with my humble corolla. Whatever car I see around, Coco still beats them all for me. It's the safe place I return to in this chaotic world.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2351.jpg

Santosh's newly done C212 E350 Coupé V6 was waiting to greet us in the shade. Although I usually don't appreciate any kind of modifications, this was tastefully done and the colour scheme was exceptional. Starting a meet with a Mercedes is always exciting me as a Mercedes fanboy. Truly a dream sleeper.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2315.jpg

My biggest issue with Mercedes is that I can't get enough of it. The next one arrives and oh boy it was a looker. Yet another showstopper, an immaculately maintained C126. Does anything ever get close to this combination of style, power and luxury?
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2323.jpg

Moving on, there was a Y60 Nissan Patrol parked halfway on the steps like a badass. A cute Mitsubishi Pajero SWB accompanied it. This was one of the most pleasantly surprising car I found in the meet.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-screenshot-20230711-12.29.25-am.png

As much as a I love cars, I couldn't resist the hearty breakfast spread waiting in the top floor of the cafe. There was also a rooftop there so those who wish could enjoy a bite watching these machines around them. After grabbing a bite, I was recharged to go see more cars including some that arrived newly.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2331.jpg

Was the wait worth it? You bet because it doesn't get much better than to see one of the fastest cars in the country (if not the fastest one, please correct me on this). Daringly known as the Wildchild, this Alpha 12 Nissan GTR built by the kikshift team is said to produce somewhere around 1200 horsepower. This isn't just some random number on the sheet but one that gets it to the end of the quarter mile mark in a whopping 9.4 seconds. If there's one car that stole the show it was unequivocally this one.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2316.jpg
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2339.jpg

A meet is not complete without a Porsche and what better Porsche than a 911. This 992 911 Carrera was parked beside the GTR and it's mind-blowing to think how Porsche has managed to keep this name alive and desirable. If I would be allowed to take just one car from the meet, I wouldn't think hard before choosing this 911. Even in the carerra guise, it's still the best of what the automotive world can offer. Talking about the 911 in a sentence for sure doesn't do any justice to the nameplate. However, because of the paucity of time, forced to move on.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2341.jpg
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2333.jpg
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-8dfe60e540f84908b4ff20b980fedefc.jpg

When Porsche feels basic for someone they get a Ferrari. This beautiful Ferrari without doubt among the most popular cars out there.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2332.jpg
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2334.jpg

Looking further, there was one of my favourite (and coolest) cars from the meet -
Audi RS6 Avante - as cool as station wagons or for that matter cars can get.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2344.jpg

Being a Land Cruiser fan, there were a couple of landys to keep me happy. The most eye-catching was the tastefully built J200 to reach office during Mumbai monsoons
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2349.jpg

Time for some imports now. Two Cadillac Escalades were there to capture the hearts of the true-blooded SUV enthusiasts.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-5fee578bdd764f00b319d5ba29c537d4.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRX STI with its boxer engine was quite a nice car to be had in the meet. In terms of quirkiness, it was a close call between this and the short wheel base Pajero.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2343.jpg

Mixed opinions about this bagged Verna though an interesting build.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2345.jpg

Yet another wonderful all-rounder albeit the 4kmpl economy but hey it's a V8 so it's illegal to ask for the FE numbers hehe.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2322.jpg

The tranquil sea waves were shaken with this American bad coming in.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-be7257a55e544e66825c1de8f1b4eb38.jpg

When life gives you lemons make lemonade, unless it's got a BMW badge.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2352.jpg

Would a meet-up even happen without one of these big boys around?
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-7f90be328c3a4423b622580d5eb7c6e1.jpg

Bikers enter the chat and when they do they make some noise.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-bb933b1d9a2049fbb395711398fd8ca9.jpg

Loved this outfit and the Ducati. For better or worse, I'm not really into bikes so I can't say much about it. Rest assured, there were some crazy bikes there and they made even crazier symphonies from their sweet exhausts.
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-f5eb6aabc8984fd9b45d5da0112da708.jpg

On the whole, the meet-up was a grand success with a way bigger turnout than was originally estimated. Ending the post with a good 'ol C63 with the famed 6.2L motor. What's even more impressing is the fact that it's immaculately and tastefully done all thanks to the talented guy he is.

Feel free to add any pictures and or experience on going for the Cars & Coffee, Bayview!
Attached Thumbnails
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-img_2318.jpg  

cefiljoseph is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 01:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club

Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing. Its a great venue for a car show, loads of parking, scenic views and no disturbance to the rest of the city. Wish I could have attended.
Lalvaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 14:02   #3
BHPian

Re: Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club

Super event and waiting for more as well! Just one small correction, the 911 in the photos is a 991.2 Carrera and not from the 992 generation.
Taronish_E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 20:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
Super event and waiting for more as well! Just one small correction, the 911 in the photos is a 991.2 Carrera and not from the 992 generation.
Hi, thank you for reading and the correction. Appreciate it!
Old 17th July 2023, 13:03   #5
BHPian

Great venue. Amazing event. Breakfast could have been better but really looking forward to more such cars and coffee meets. Big ups to Bayview Motor Club.

A few pictures from my end.

1. Me & a friend with my pride & joy, the BMW 116i. 1 of 1 at the meet. Speaks volumes of how rare the car truly is! RWD Hatchback, 8-speed ZF, < 4.5 meters in length. They really don't make 'em like this anymore.

2. & 3. In a sea of Polo's, be the ONE.

3. This mean M340i pulled up beside me, in BMW's "Sunset Orange" color. This picture clearly shows the distinction between it and the classic "Valencia Orange" shade on my car.

Fun-fact: The BMW 1M Coupe, which is widely regarded by many as THE best BMW car ever made, was also launched in Valencia Orange.

A quick drive by video. Credits to carspotting.mumbai on Instagram for the video.

Attached Thumbnails
Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-whatsapp-image-20230709-13.48.26.jpeg  

Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-whatsapp-image-20230709-13.48.16.jpeg  

Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-whatsapp-image-20230709-13.48.19.jpeg  

Cars & Coffee Mumbai Meet-up | Bayview Motor Club-whatsapp-image-20230709-13.42.28.jpeg  

Last edited by n:CorE : 17th July 2023 at 13:15. Reason: Added drive-by video.
n:CorE is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks