Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2007, 22:23   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
ok. wont share pics posted on orkut from now on..

i dont think there is anything wrong in posting the cars fom orkut
but just mention the exact source and the name of the person who clicked in from that site and his album name
you can even post a link

but certainly i dont feel anything wrong in posting pics from other sites we discuss the existance of rumoured cars on these threads and certainly you can use other sites to prove your point or show that particular car to the forumers
but then again ask MODS about it too

IMHO there is nothing wrong in doing so
cause this is not a photography exhibition forum
the photograhps are just an evidance to show the existance on the car thats all
Old 28th October 2007, 22:24   #92
Senior - BHPian

As long as the source is listed, I guess it's fair.
Old 28th October 2007, 22:31   #93
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the `source -orkut` trend growing.
I hope the Mods agree that there is nothing wrong in posting such pics as long the source is mentioned.
Old 28th October 2007, 22:54   #94
BHPian

I never said its wrong. All that i said was we should avoid posting it, cos there are loads of pics available on orkut. But thinking about it now, i feel its ok as there's lot of times that we are trying to prove existance of a car in that particular city.

And it'll be better if mods are asked about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
just mention the exact source and the name of the person who clicked in from that site and his album name you can even post a link
Best idea !

@manish - hope no offense taken.
Old 29th October 2007, 02:11   #95
Team-BHP Support

Posting Images From Orkut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
If your friends have spotted the car and posted a pic on orkut, its ok. But then, give us a link to the album.
Well said.
If you have your friend's permission you may post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
but just mention the exact source and the name of the person who clicked in from that site and his album name
you can even post a link
Agreed.

At this point of time we shall say that posting from orkut is allowed, as long as :
1. The person who took the picture hasn't specified that the pictures may not be reproduced.
2. The source is mentioned, with a direct link to the album
3. If there are more than 1-2 pictures in the album, only post a few here and let the members follow the link to see more of the pictures. (Similar to how we suggest articles are quoted, a small part of the article is pasted and then a link is given to the rest of the article)
4. It never hurts to message the member and ask for permission, or even introduce them to TBHP so they may join this community and post pictures here directly.

Hope that sounds fair to all.
Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th October 2007 at 02:14.
Old 29th October 2007, 03:16   #96
Senior - BHPian

1. The person who took the picture hasn't specified that the pictures may not be reproduced.-- They almost never do that ,basically people upload pics in there albums to show off.

2. The source is mentioned, with a direct link to the album - Sometimes the album/profile has lots of `other` pics/stuff as well which might not be appropriate so imho this is not a good idea.

3. If there are more than 1-2 pictures in the album, only post a few here and let the members follow the link to see more of the pictures. (Similar to how we suggest articles are quoted, a small part of the article is pasted and then a link is given to the rest of the article)- Same

4. It never hurts to message the member and ask for permission, or even introduce them to TBHP so they may join this community and post pictures here directly.-- I guess most of them know about T-BHP because i have seen many pics which have been lifted from T-BHP in orkut.

Hope this helps otherwise i have no problem if its not allowed to post pics form orkut anymore.

Cheers

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 29th October 2007 at 03:19.
Old 29th October 2007, 09:55   #97
BHPian

It's taken off my orkut profile!!

Guys,
Relax. These pics are taken off my album on orkut! In fact, I've clicked them. It was on the day of the Pune Rally on the 23rd of September. I'd posted these pics on this same thread. If anyone wants to have a look at my album to verify this, PM me.
Old 29th October 2007, 10:13   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Sometimes the album/profile has lots of `other` pics/stuff as well which might not be appropriate so imho this is not a good idea.

Yea I agree with that, Providing a link which will take you to an album which has personal pictures isnt really a good idea, How about just mentioning the orkut account name without a link?
Old 29th October 2007, 10:23   #99
Senior - BHPian

Or how about starting a new thread where only pics from orkut or other sites can be posted??
just a suggestion.
which can be ignored. LOL
Old 29th October 2007, 22:01   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaUsername View Post
Guys,
Relax. These pics are taken off my album on orkut! In fact, I've clicked them. It was on the day of the Pune Rally on the 23rd of September. I'd posted these pics on this same thread. If anyone wants to have a look at my album to verify this, PM me.

There you go..fellow BHPian has taken care of the situation.
Waiting for more pics ..
Old 29th October 2007, 22:16   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
There you go..fellow BHPian has taken care of the situation.
Waiting for more pics ..
Those are the only Aston Martin Vantage pics I have. Before I could manage to click any more pics, the owner just vroomed away!
Old 30th October 2007, 00:29   #102
Senior - BHPian

I could have imagined how the Vantage took off,probably since they knew pictures were being taken. A few seconds..and the car's off in a flash.
Old 30th October 2007, 08:36   #103
Nos007

Wow! Sheer pleasure to watch these classic beauties........

Old 16th November 2007, 18:29   #104

Spotted : Aston Martin Vantage

Got a phone call from my friend (also a car enthusiast) a few days back. He simply went crazy on the phone. Said he was besides a Vantage at a petrol station, and I was 10 kms away in my office ..
Told him to shut up and click the Aston. Just couldn't believe my ears... an Aston Martin in Pune!
A few days later I was crossing the road on foot, waiting on the divider for the heavy traffic to clear. And there it was. Passed right in front of me.
I was so exited! Seen a car of this caliber for the first time. My friend too was with me (the one who caught it on camera). After all my jumping and shouting was over, he said its the same one.

(The images were shot using the simple VGA camera, and with the permission of the person in the car.)
Old 16th November 2007, 21:16   #105
Senior - BHPian

Good business for the bunk. The Aston must have taken at least 100 liters of 97 octane....
and will be back soon for a refill.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks