Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 11:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
I find that difficult to believe. If they dont strip it, how do they paint all the nooks and corners without spraying all the equipment too?
you can either top coat the car in which the other parts are covered(plastic sheet are taped on to the glasses seats etc) and painted. the other way is you strip down the car and scrap off the old paint. it all depends on the owner. it is cheaper to get a top coat(top layer of paint is removed). top coat is a faster process then stripping down the car.
Old 8th October 2007, 12:12   #32
BHPian

me seen the grey one too on the jj flyover. was being driven extra slow.may be the thumps get thru the seats real bad .wish i could have heard it at full throttle
Old 9th October 2007, 18:43   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
Hi guys,
i have a few pics. It is on my phone and i've lost the USB. Will put them up but they have come out quite grainy. The car is not in south bombay but in Juhu. I will put up the pics soon. Ok couple of years is a tad too early. Will go into my 30's with a BMW and then we will tackle the exotics one by one and end with a ferrari 250 GTO..heheh

Oh i forgot. I will let u guys know when the car comes for a service. We can take photographs(High res). Let me ask him tomorrow..
Did the car come back for service? Still awaiting pics?
Old 9th October 2007, 23:21   #34
BHPian

The Pics i promised

this image shack sucks

Another one!

Check out the spread of the xenons!

Last edited by Zappo : 9th October 2007 at 23:48. Reason: Please stop posting numerous fragmented posts. Take your time but post things at one go.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

nice pictures and the car sure looks to be in the right colour to go into a certain somebodies garage.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:38   #36
BHPian

Ok sorry for the fragmentation of pics..getting the grip of this imageshack thingee....the car was a hoot as mentioned earlier and now we have exclusive pics of the same!!! Also have a couple of F430 pics on the phone but its a bit beat up..i apologise for the grainy pics..it was late evening and we were trying to leave sewri before dark...any thoughts let me know!!

an italian car can only be red...be it a palio or a ferrari!...What however is so special about this maser is how easy it is to drive in traffic...clearly a choice for the head and the heart!

Last edited by Zappo : 9th October 2007 at 23:51. Reason: Kindly stop breaking up your posts into parts.
Old 10th October 2007, 00:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

guys is this the same maserati posted by agent4ferrari earlier?
at the ferrari showroom in bombay(haji ali if i am not wrong)

thanks for the pics sudarshansarma
Old 10th October 2007, 02:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

'an italian car can only be red...be it a palio or a ferrari!...What however is so special about this maser is how easy it is to drive in traffic...clearly a choice for the head and the heart!'

Aptly said! Almost every review I have read about the Maserati (almost any of their cars,i.e) talks about the easy of driving it under any traffic/weather conditions.
Old 10th October 2007, 03:40   #39
BHPian

I'm so sad to see these nice pics... All this time i had confused the graansport with the amazing granturismo!!! But none the less... amazing car. nice to see it here in India. I saw this car some time back. A long time ago at the maserati showroom near Haji-Ali... or was that another one?
Old 10th October 2007, 11:11   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
I'm so sad to see these nice pics... All this time i had confused the graansport with the amazing granturismo!!!
The feelings mutual ! I was under the impression, was awaiting pics of the granturismo... not to fond of the gransport so i wont comment further.

Last edited by Sahil : 10th October 2007 at 11:17.
Old 10th October 2007, 11:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics! Should be the inspiration for Dippy/Gordon to get us more pics!
Old 10th October 2007, 13:19   #42
BHPian

yes guys its d same car id posted about.....hey that was mee ripping it outside my residence in juhu....shes driven they way shes ment to be driven. she dsnt drive fast, she only flys to low. trust me guys on that one.

I remember VJM's quattroporte wasnt jet black but a dark shade of maroon....company doesnt recommend doing just an overcoat on its aluminium shell.....i strongly recommend you have it stripped down and then painted.

Mr devgan aint selling his Quattroporte at a higher price he baught it for...strange rumours man...the price is decent considring there is a wait of about 2 years on a similar masterpiece like his with samilar specs. His was a limited edition fully handcrafted with customised interiors & personalised exteriors...sad couldnt apreciate it and selling it in exchange of a S320Cdi or a M-Class ... a full segment of cars lower!! Not wise with the success hes seen with the Maser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
nice pictures and the car sure looks to be in the right colour to go into a certain somebodies garage.
thanks,,,id configured the specifications...hey great work on the Red Flying Spur too. its the only colour that made me change my negative openion about that model. I realy liked it in red. Gives it a whole new avatar.

none of the Maseratis have ben repainted. All original factory paints. You give us a shade sample we have your car made in that colour directly from Maserati.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th October 2007 at 04:13.
Old 10th October 2007, 18:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
I remember VJM's quattroporte wasnt jet black but a dark shade of maroon....company doesnt recommend doing just an overcoat on its aluminium shell.....i strongly recommend you have it stripped down and then painted.
i disagree with you on this one. i have been driven in it and i dont make mistakes with high end car clours. you would not call his car a jet black but a sort of greyish black. the car was definately not a dark shade of maroon. yes the company suggests a stripped down paint job for the cars.

Quote:
hey great work on the Red Flying Spur too. its the only colour that made me change my negative openion about that model. I realy liked it in red. Gives it a whole new avatar.
the paint job of the flying spur was not dont by me. it was done with the company i think. i was asked to do his packard and rolls 40's model. which i refused. the packard is with me for work the rolls is in his garage.
the whole outlook of the car has changed with the colour and looks very nice.

Quote:
none of the Maseratis have ben repainted. All original factory paints. You give us a shade sample we have your car made in that colour directly from Maserati.
his maserati if i believe was not bought from the showroom in bombay but directly imported by him. i have news from a reliable source working for him that the car is going to be painted or is allready being painted to red.
yes i know of the car shades available and the company gets it done for you. his bentley flying spur also came in another colour and he had it repainted to red. you have the money and you develop suddens wims and fancies and it gets catered for. i hope you agree with me on this one.
Old 11th October 2007, 23:32   #44
BHPian

Ya VJMs Maser isnt through bombay, but its from the partners of the bombay guys in UK. I remember having taken snaps with the same car when it was shipped for him. somehow i remember it was dark deep maroon. Unless he got it painted even once before from now. Also Maserati had not launched any shade of greyish black for the Quattroporte untill they recently launched the Automatic version with the Grigio Granito colour thats more like greyish black.
Old 12th October 2007, 15:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
somehow i remember it was dark deep maroon. Unless he got it painted even once before from now. Also Maserati had not launched any shade of greyish black for the Quattroporte untill they recently launched the Automatic version with the Grigio Granito colour thats more like greyish black.
i saw the car outside the intercontinental hotel the first time when he was getting off it. i stopped to meet him and he was showing me the car and took me for a drive in it. the car did not look dark maroon. it might not be greyish black(more on the black side) but it did have the grey touch to it with black there was no maroon for miles.
i saw the car atleast 1 and a half years ago maybe more but not less for sure. i think this colour of greyish black has been introduced 6 months ago. i am sure he did not get the car repainted but was in original factory colours, but you never know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks