Team-BHP - E92 BMW M3 - Mmmm...she's a dream!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   E92 BMW M3 - Mmmm...she's a dream! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/31761-e92-bmw-m3-mmmm-shes-dream.html)

So I drove my new-new car from the stock-yard to the dealership this evening. This is after I returned my old-new car last week. All I can say is...chalk and cheese! :D

The seats are awesome! The LOGIC7 sound is superb! At 60 Km/h in 6th gear there's enough torque to start pulling nicely from as low as 1500 rpm! The exhaust note is unbelievable! You can start her effortlessly in 2nd! The lights and all the other toys are great! The ride is...well...firm, but not bad considering she's a sports car! The ground clearance is a bit of a concern, but again, not too bad compared to some other high-performance cars!

She is... an E92 M3! :D

It's late and I'm tired, so more over the next few days, though I am going to be very, very busy for the next 15 days or so. I'll be picking her up in 3-4 days' time, and I'll try and take some new pics then!

Wait, what happened to the car that you just bought some days ago?!

Awesome!!!!! You got the M3!!! Post pix asap, and which colour is it?

Congratulations kbk75, Im sure youll enjoy her.

Is she white by any chance?

Im pretty sure theres no comparison, but is she in any way similar to the 3 series?

Wow! Congrats kbk75. Do post the pics, can't wait to see her. Take care, drive safe.

wow.. congrats. so i guessed right huh?lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75 (Post 636285)
I'll be picking her up in 3-4 days' time, and I'll try and take some new pics then!

:Shockked:
Picking up an M3???

AWESOME! clap:

M? You got the M! Wow. Congratulations

Thanks for all the cheers guys!

@ Viper: That car was with me for less than half a day

@ Karthik: Alpine White, black CFRP roof, Fox Red interiors

@ Khanak: There isn't a single component in common with the E90 sedan being sold here. In the drive experience as well, there really is NO similarity. The sedan's steering is a bit heavier than the M's but that's because the M has servotronic. It does make low-speed maneuvring easier, but does reduce the low speed steering feed-back a bit

There's all sorts of adjustments you can make to the car's suspension stiffness, steering heft, throttle response and various other things like how many times the lights blink, the welcome and fareful light duration, blah blah. I could play around with the iDrive settings for at least a couple of hours! Best of all, there's an M button on the steering wheel that lets you store all your preferences so that you can just press one button and your favourite settings are dialed-in!

OK, for those of you who haven't seen the pics yet, check out my thread on the Amby Valley event. I will post more pics, but after a few days.

wow KBK Congratulations !!!

BTW, when was the M3 launched here?? Or did u have to import it??

Whoa man! I am speechless.....an E92 BMW M3!!! Congratulations KBK. That is one of the best cars in the world. So Rehaan was right in his suspicion of you picking up the M3. What gives? How come you upgraded a car to an M that costs 3 times as much? Smitten at the BMW event in Amby Valley?

Man, that is going to be one heck of a delivery experience. And you have 414 horses waiting for ya. Please do post detailed pictures and a review. Also, how about getting a numberplace like Sahil i.e. "M - 3" or something?

Har har har! The mighty M3! Congrats man. Wow. I don't know what else to say. Pics ASAP!

@ Karthik: It will be launched in Jan. BMW agreed to sell me their display car! I did consider waiting until Feb to order one to my own spec, but decided I couldn't wait, considering this car pretty much has it all, and was virtually brand new!

@ GTO: I was actually looking for an M3 to begin with, but was told by the dealer that it would take around a year to come to India, so decided to go with the 325i in the interim. Then, two weeks later, hello...what have we here? That just pushed me straight over the edge! ;) As for the number, I'm gonna see what's available. Single-digit numbers are normally hideously expensive.

Quote:

BMW agreed to sell me their display car!
:D So you dont have to worry about running-in!

Quote:

but decided I couldn't wait, considering this car pretty much has it all, and was virtually brand new!
Hope you got a good deal / discount too! Congrats again man. I dont know how you can wait for another 3 - 4 days. I am the type that gets sleepless nights before picking up a Honda. Jeesuzzzz....you are waiting to pick up the M.