Team-BHP - Volvo S80 spotted in Pondicherry
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Volvo S80 spotted in Pondicherry (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/33766-volvo-s80-spotted-pondicherry.html)

Spotted this Volvo in Pondicherry last week. Was sporting a space saver spare. Must have been driven quite some distance since it had a MH registration.

Beautiful. My last car was the previous generation S80. This one features the 4.4L 315ps V8. Seems to be in Executive trim too. Top of the line! This would retail for nearly £50,000 in the UK. Fabulous car, fabulous pics.

:Shockked:
Look at the Front left tyre.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 675389)
:Shockked:
Look at the Front left tyre.......

Must be spare one because the original one has puncture.
Quite normal thing actually.

the rear is pretty handsome but the front a bit boring...but that hump on the bonnet almost gives it a muscle car look like the FORD MUSTANG !!

maybe its the same one posted by gordan sometime back
but BTW doesnt th car come with 5 alloys
why should there be an ordinary wheel if its punctured

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMATMO (Post 675404)
maybe its the same one posted by gordan sometime back

thats called the space saver spare wheel - it frees up space at the rear..
allthough - dont ask me what kind of space its freeing up and whats the utility of that additional space when u anyway have a large boot..!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMATMO (Post 675404)

The spare is a donut. Our S40 T5 in the US has the same. Cost saving for Volvo by not including the full kitted tyre with rims. Usually donuts cannot exceed 50 MPH and should be changed right away a.ka. mounting a new tubeless onto the existing rim with the damaged tyre. Our S40's tyre got shreded once and I slapped on the Donut. Then dropped of the rim at Town Fare Tire. They mounted a Michelin - About $260+ installed! So These must be pretty expensive hence the cheaper donut.

P.S. I expect our official tyre-walla to correct me any second now ;)

yup that indeed does look like a space saver tyre to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 675452)
yup that indeed does look like a space saver tyre to me.

But isn't that very thin tyre compared to other tyres..

It was a top of the line V8 with AWD. Was parked next to the Promenade hotel on the beach road. It was likely chauffer driven since the front left seat was pulled all the way to the front.

Does this really need to be in the "supercars" section?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 675499)

:) if you put it that way 75% of the threads already posted are invalid

but you see this section is not only for supercars ,its also a section for imports

and i think he car deserves to be here considering it sports a tag Rs 40 lacs and above

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 675467)
But isn't that very thin tyre compared to other tyres..

Yup it is supposed to be thin, that's why it's called a space saver. Basically as someone mentioned it can only driven at 80kmph.

Most cars abroad have a space saver spare tyre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 675499)

300+bhp from a V8 is classic supercar engine territory :p