Team-BHP - Ford Pickup truck spotted in Pune
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Ford Pickup truck spotted in Pune (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/35918-ford-pickup-truck-spotted-pune.html)

Hey guys, I saw a brand new Ford pickup filling up diesel at a fuel station on Karve road in Pune. Its dark blue without any camouflage and with a huge Ford logo on the backside. And a white brand new Endevour was following it. Both these cars were on the red number plates. Does Ford have any plans of launching this?

I dont think Ford will launch it. What you saw is probably a import. Was it RHD?

Chances are the ARAI must have got the vehicle for testing. Was "ON-TEST" written somewhere on either of the number plates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by torqueunlimited (Post 732273)
Hey guys, I saw a brand new Ford pickup filling up diesel at a fuel station on Karve road in Pune. Its dark blue without any camouflage and with a huge Ford logo on the backside. And a white brand new Endevour was following it. Both these cars were on the red number plates. Does Ford have any plans of launching this?

This one?? beacuse on of my friend saw ford explorer in ARAI few days ago.

Its really looks good.Looks like a solid truck.But i dont think so it will launch soon.Most probably for testing.

Has any one of the Blore boys seen a Ford Ranger pick up with roll bars in Bangalore? I have seen it many a times on BG road near Gottigere village. From the front it looks like Endeavor.

endeavor is based on the ranger itself.

Yes thats correct. But i used to see that vehicle on almost a regular basis. And it's MH registered.

These pick-up trucks are real gas-guzzlers! Of course,they have a totally different image,really nothing to compare them to. We'd probably need the F-150 to be able to drive on Indian roads. No one would dare stand in your path!

if the f150 is launched, it would take commercial truck market in india to a next level

Autocar had also reported seeing a Ford Ranger on test once. It was a long time back though. I don't think Ford would launch a pickup in India yet, though they could be using the truck to test other components.

I wonder if there is a market for these kind of trucks in India. Don't think they wont have a target market.

can it be a pick up version of the endevor.it may be a trend setter if it launches one .but the cost should also be down.lets wait and watch.
ram

If launched it would have its own class and appeal. It certainly would not be pitted against the Scorpio pick-up or the Tata Xenon(is it?:correct me for the name) or for that matter any other Indian pick-up truck.

Dhaval

Could be Ford test vehicle. for company use. All car companies have a fleet of various cars, that they do not make in the country or some they do not make at all (a little espionage ;) )!!