Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 18:21   #4906
Team-BHP Support

re: Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I agree. Even I have seen that episode. It was driven or Test Driven at a place very close to my house. The Test Drives were provided on the stretch of road that cuts of from MG road and leads to Faridabad road from Gurgaon. Saw this on TV and that piece of road is easily recognizable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Wasn't that the agera?
Oops. My bad. Mayankk is right. It was an Agera R(?)
Old 11th September 2012, 18:30   #4907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

The Agera as far as I remember. The Agera R was still in development stages back then.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 20:52   #4908
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
It arrived in Mumbai few months after it was in Delhi. In the meantime, it was in Europe.
If you refer to this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post2520956 in the Veyron thread , that car was spotted in Europe before it came to Mumbai for the launch earlier this year. Or maybe it could be a case of same number on 2 different cars in 2 different countries!
Remember seeing pics on fb fanpage of the grey/black Superleggera from Delhi & the Blue Gallardo sporting exactly the same number DL reg!
Old 11th September 2012, 23:24   #4909
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
There was a CCX. It was actually a CCX-R. But it was a demo-car, I believe. It even featured in the TG India magazine. Can't seem to recall which issue it was.
Yeah may be it was there for a shoot. But i completely disagree that a potential customer was even remotely interested in a buying a zonda. SAme goes with veyron. Believe me this car struggled with the ground clearance issues on one of the most beautiful road in the country, The hyderabad international airport road. And imagine what would happen to it on normal indian roads? : That is one of the prime reason along with the cost which is a whopping 21 crore on road delhi price which makes Veyron a distant dream in this coutry.

Quote:
So then the CCX is a confirmed hoax now!

Note From Team-BHP Support-Staff: Please avoid putting up consecutive posts. Use the 'EDIT' function instead. Please go through the Announcements before posting.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th September 2012 at 23:34.
Old 11th September 2012, 23:41   #4910
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Yeah may be it was there for a shoot. But i completely disagree that a potential customer was even remotely interested in a buying a zonda.
If I recall correctly, it was mentioned in that article that Christian Von Koenigsegg himself had come down with the car to show it to a potential customer. I'm not able to find that particular issue.

I'm not sure about the Zonda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
So then the CCX is a confirmed hoax now!
I think, just like how I'd gotten confused a few posts ago, someone else would have blurted out CCX instead of Agera.
Old 11th September 2012, 23:48   #4911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail

But i completely disagree that a potential customer was even remotely interested in a buying a zonda. SAme goes with veyron ...... makes Veyron a distant dream in this country.
The Zonda wasn't a demo car. It was brought down on Carnet by the owner. The bad road conditions meant it stayed behind garage doors throughout its stay here.

Back in 1929, rally driver Elizabeth Junek toured India and Sri Lanka (then Ceylon) in a T44 given by Ettore Bugatti himself. At some places, the road conditions were so bad that her car had to be pulled out by elephants. Once the tour was over, she wrote to Ettore that Bugattis should never be sold in India due to bad roads. What a shame that 83 years later the condition hasn't changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS
If you refer to this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post2520956 in the Veyron thread , that car was spotted in Europe before it came to Mumbai for the launch earlier this year. Or maybe it could be a case of same number on 2 different cars in 2 different countries!
Remember seeing pics on fb fanpage of the grey/black Superleggera from Delhi & the Blue Gallardo sporting exactly the same number DL reg!
The case of the Superleggera and Gallardo could be of transferred registration numbers. If you sell a car, you can retain the number and register a new car in that number.
I'm not quite sure if this practice is followed all over the world, so we can't say if those were 2 different Veyrons.
Old 11th September 2012, 23:56   #4912
BANNED

@corsa, Indeed true about the roads. What is also a shame is that the import duty in this country. ridiculously priced @140%
Old 12th September 2012, 00:12   #4913
BHPian

Quote:
@corsa, Indeed true about the roads. What is also a shame is that the import duty in this country. ridiculously priced @140%
Might be a bit OT, but what if someone buys a Supercar in Dubai, brings it here on Carnet n keeps it for a year (or 8 months, whichever is max allowed, via extension) n then takes it back. Repeats the same every year. Aside from the fact that driving a LHD in India is difficult task, will it be worth given the amount of duties saved vs money spent on shipping the car back n forth every year?
Old 12th September 2012, 00:28   #4914
BANNED

^yeah but i dont think so the department would agree to get it on carnet...most of the times the reason has to be strong...may be there are some additional stipulations attached also..so who knows!
Old 12th September 2012, 00:34   #4915
BHPian

Quote:
^yeah but i dont think so the department would agree to get it on carnet...most of the times the reason has to be strong...may be there are some additional stipulations attached also..so who knows!
Wonder how the Arabs get their cars to Europe on a regular basis. And then they take them to multiple countries. Perhaps a heavier wallet helps.
Old 12th September 2012, 01:11   #4916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Wonder how the Arabs get their cars to Europe on a regular basis. And then they take them to multiple countries. Perhaps a heavier wallet helps.
Probably they dont have such stringent carnet rules.
Old 12th September 2012, 08:46   #4917
Team-BHP Support

In most cases, the Middle Eastern Royal families fly to europe on a personal plane or have one of these in their yacht, hence no additional cost
Old 12th September 2012, 10:46   #4918
BHPian

Quote:
If I recall correctly, it was mentioned in that article that Christian Von Koenigsegg himself had come down with the car to show it to a potential customer. I'm not able to find that particular issue.
cannonball club having a ball with the agera

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6670274&type=3
Old 14th September 2012, 14:27   #4919
Senior - BHPian

Spotted an E39 5 Series.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-dsc01200.jpg  

Old 17th September 2012, 10:00   #4920
BHPian

Spotted two Volvo Limos running alongside on the Expressway. Shot a video of the two, but don't know how to upload it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks