Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 10:42   #2671
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
The CRV looks like a station wagon in front of the H2. It looks puny!
Indeed it does. I saw a maroon H2 in Delhi and a silver Jeep Cherokee few cars away and even the Cherokee looks like a matchbox infront of the massive gas-guzzler. Good find there. The H2 looks way better in white than maroon.
Old 7th March 2010, 12:33   #2672
BHPian

Saw this yellow H3 on Narayana Flyover last week. Sorry for the bad pics
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-dsc00351.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-dsc00350.jpg  

Old 7th March 2010, 14:03   #2673
BHPian

I love the yellow Hummers. Brings out the real attitude of the beast. Great Catch there buddy!
Old 7th March 2010, 14:44   #2674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Nice find there bro, but that belongs to the Luxury Taxis thread.

btw, why would anyone buy a S500 as a cab ? If S class is what you need, then why not the 320cdi ? It is economical and more savings in the owners pocket, i don't think the passenger will have a problem with it being a diesel or petrol ! So i doubt it being a genuine 500.
This S500 belongs to Hotel Imperial & this would have bought on EPCG shceme were the hotliers have a subsidiesed rate of only 5% as import duty!
Old 7th March 2010, 16:29   #2675
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

That yellow H3 has been posted many a times before too. It belongs to someone from Faridabad, I guess. Not sure though.
Nice catch sam. Love the Hummers, just for the presence and sheer size.
Old 7th March 2010, 19:48   #2676
Senior - BHPian

^ I have seen that yellow H3 a couple of times in Vasant Vihar and in Faridabad as well.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:13   #2677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Which place is this? Seems to be the Barakhamba Road crossing towards CP where underground metro construction is going on and hence the ditches probably.
No, this is middle circle, the whole cp looks like a big constuction site these due to ongoing renovation work. And the metro construction work around Circles and Barakhamba road is already over long time back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Indeed it does. I saw a maroon H2 in Delhi and a silver Jeep Cherokee few cars away and even the Cherokee looks like a matchbox infront of the massive gas-guzzler. Good find there. The H2 looks way better in white than maroon.
Yes, H2 is imposing Hulk saw one yesterday on Ashoka road in maroon color.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:20   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Spotted this Land Rover in Basant Lok (Priya Complex), New Delhi

This brilliant Land Rover belongs to a resident here in Gurgaon, see it fairly often. Extremely well kept vehicle.

Cheers
Old 8th March 2010, 14:10   #2679
BHPian

Spotted: Supercar drag racing on Gurgaon Expressway

Well Guess what? Yesterday afternoon at around 1230hrs I was on my way for the usual weekly hangout to the Ambience Mall at Gurgaon with my wife.

Was on the service lane of the expressway near 1 km short of the toll gate when due to a sudden, piercing, increasing engine noise we instinctively turned around, and voila!

We caught a few lamborghinis, a few Porsches and a few god-knows-what's scorching the express way. And I actually mean they were involved in some sort of a drag race in the middle of the regular sunday traffic! It all happened at blistering pace, there was absolutely no time to click any photos. Practically dozens of vehicles stood frozen on their tracks to appreciate the visual delight. Their must have been 10-12 supercars at least. I could catch better glimpses of an Orange and a Red lambo as they whizzed by from much closer to where I was.

This was the first such race I have witnessed over my the past 5 years of my stay at Delhi/NCR. Just wanted to check with all Team BHPians if this is a regular feature, or if anyone else has seen this type of drag racing around in Delhi or any other city?
Old 8th March 2010, 14:18   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
Well Guess what? Yesterday afternoon at around 1230hrs I was on my way for the usual weekly hangout to the Ambience Mall at Gurgaon with my wife.

Was on the service lane of the expressway near 1 km short of the toll gate when due to a sudden, piercing, increasing engine noise we instinctively turned around, and voila!

We caught a few lamborghinis, a few Porsches and a few god-knows-what's scorching the express way. And I actually mean they were involved in some sort of a drag race in the middle of the regular sunday traffic! It all happened at blistering pace, there was absolutely no time to click any photos. Practically dozens of vehicles stood frozen on their tracks to appreciate the visual delight. Their must have been 10-12 supercars at least. I could catch better glimpses of an Orange and a Red lambo as they whizzed by from much closer to where I was.

This was the first such race I have witnessed over my the past 5 years of my stay at Delhi/NCR. Just wanted to check with all Team BHPians if this is a regular feature, or if anyone else has seen this type of drag racing around in Delhi or any other city?
Wow man ! Would have been a visual delight to witness 12 supercars , all at one point of time , that too on the road , racing , and not in an expo or show !!

I've never heard of such a thing before though .
Old 8th March 2010, 14:35   #2681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post

That was the Parade of the Parx Supercar Show which was headed to ambiance Mall. Search the Supercar section for pics of the event.
Old 8th March 2010, 15:39   #2682
BANNED

there were around 45 cars and all of us went to ambience island and the cars were parked at leela gurgaon's porch. It wasnt a drag race as everyone was 'trying' to follow the traffic rules .
Old 8th March 2010, 16:36   #2683
Senior - BHPian

There was no red lambo at the show though there was a Red f430.
Old 8th March 2010, 21:41   #2684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
there were around 45 cars and all of us went to ambience island and the cars were parked at leela gurgaon's porch. It wasnt a drag race as everyone was 'trying' to follow the traffic rules lol: .
Especially a certain white car which went do(nuts) at Claridges !!!!!
BTW what is the "new" speedlimit on the NH8 ?? 150 kmph

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 8th March 2010 at 21:43.
Old 8th March 2010, 22:07   #2685
BANNED

@ ricky - sir i guess all of us were around 150 but the difference is that it was 150 MPH rather than KPH

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks