Team-BHP - Pics : Jaguar XJS V12
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics : Jaguar XJS V12 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/4060-pics-jaguar-xjs-v12.html)

saw this beauty at the speed run on saturday...wud have loved to seen it on the track ...can anyone throw some light about this car.

check out the v12.

I dont know much about this car...but i heard on top gear that when it was in production it was plagued by quality problems.

Aditya would be the person who can better info on this car.

Do the honours addy.

Drifter

Its a Jaguar XJS and that engine is a V12. Addy.. r u hearing?/

Later one after 1983 which a redesigned cylinder head were better. Most built quality issues were slowly ironed out when they went private (was governemnt owned) and when Ford took them over hownever some design related bugs remained.

Basically has a very light steering. The rearmost pair of spark plugs are hidden by plumbing, take hours of dismantling to get at and consequently are rarely changed. Contrary to the horror stories, these big, unstressed V12s can be very reliable and trouble-free if treated and maintained with respect. This means 3,000-mile or six-month fully synthetic oil changes (no later), annual transmission oil changes, new brake fluid and coolant every two years without fail. Fairly apt to suffer front suspension and steering damage.

Car above has a Lister kit - they were to Jag wot AMG is to Merc.

the car has TWR stickers all over it!

Man....the car was red...it's looking pinkish here! :WTF:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjkulkarni

A lot of entrylevel camera's cant accurately represent reds. Notice the same thing of some peoples ferrari photos.

Ajmat, so is this Lister the same lister that made the storm?

cya
R

hey this car is suren's,i know him through another friend....he use to own a red lancer,for all those who live in mumbai you'll must have spotted the car...its was partly red n partly black with a carb-fibre hood...and some other mods...nice machine...he sold it though...anyways...it was a nice ride...cheers...!

This car used to belong to the uncle of a very dear friend of mine. Unfortunately he expired some years back. I'd actually driven it years ago and the engine and drivetrain were in pathetic condition. It felt like only 4 of the twelve cylinders were running. I know the car was sold after he died, but unless the new owner has done MAJOR work on the car, I doubt it runs very well. Sadly, since the model has long been discontinued, I think spares would be both expensive and hard to come by, so I seriously doubt it's very good at all these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan
A lot of entrylevel camera's cant accurately represent reds. Notice the same thing of some peoples ferrari photos.

Ajmat, so is this Lister the same lister that made the storm?

cya
R

Could, I forgot, TWR (TOm Walkinshaw Racing) were also a major Jag tuner also - thety are the guys behind a lot of the saloon car racers, I think they went bust a couple of years ago

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjkulkarni

sorry for the bad quality as of now the only digicam i have is the nokia 6600 , will get a nice cam when i start earning.

Hey even my Sony DSC-F717 doesn't capture reds all that well! In fact it's the biggest short-coming the camera has. It makes reds look slightly orange-y. Still, nothing a quick photoshop session can't fix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75
Hey even my Sony DSC-F717 doesn't capture reds all that well! In fact it's the biggest short-coming the camera has. It makes reds look slightly orange-y. Still, nothing a quick photoshop session can't fix.

Yeah... ive noticed the slightest bit of orange in the reds with the 717... but have only taken pics of one ferrari (ultimate red test subject) with the cam, that too indoors in bad lighting. However, it sure is a gorgeous cam.

Search for a firmware update... that might just fix your issue (or some others) if available.

cya
R

That XJS belongs to a guy who runs a paint and fabrication workshop here in Bombay - very close to where I stay. It earlier was a maroon color and it was left in that condition for a very long time. I've been to his place quite a few times to get work done. There was quite a bit of engine work to be done on the car. A couple of my friends approached him and told him about Speed Run... so he did up the engine, got it painted it in that fabulous red color and got it for the event.

hey ken can you plese tell me his name...and location...probably then i may be confusing this car to be sumone else's.. cheers...!