Team-BHP - Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/45572-various-embassy-consulate-vehicles-20.html)

This is interesting
Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-screenshot_20231125151832.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 5624750)
Toyota Kluger from New Delhi

Attachment 2503249

This is what the Hycross should've been. Well proportioned with the right wheels. Great comparison with both of them in the same picture.

Genesis G80 from Mumbai

Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-img_6457.jpeg

Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-img_6458.jpeg

Hyundai Staria,

Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-hyundaistariaspottedinindiawithbluenumberplates1747x420.jpg

Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-hyundaistariaspottedinindiawithbluenumberplates2747x420.jpg

Spotted this Armoured Land Cruiser 200 series in Mumbai.

Slightly opposite. Spotted the Indian consulate car in Colombo. A Mercedes Benz S600 no less.
Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-img_0533.jpg
Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-img_0534.jpg
Mods, please relocate this if I have posted wrongly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BraveArc (Post 5694486)
Slightly opposite. Spotted the Indian consulate car in Colombo. A Mercedes Benz S600 no less..

Isn't it too ostentatious for a consulate vehicle?

Especially since it is Sri Lanka. Would have been okay even if it was an ordinary variant of the S class. Or is it because it is the S guard armoured version?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BraveArc (Post 5694486)
Slightly opposite. Spotted the Indian consulate car in Colombo. A Mercedes Benz S600 no less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 5694509)
Or is it because it is the S guard armoured version?

Going by the wheels and the partly tinted front windows, this seems to be the S600L Guard. :thumbs up

Quote:

Especially since it is Sri Lanka. Would have been okay even if it was an ordinary variant of the S class. Or is it because it is the S guard armoured version?

Not sure if its an S Guard but it's certainly armoured. It's pretty evident if you look closely at the window.

Quote:

Isn't it too ostentatious for a consulate vehicle?

It's a W222 S600 Guard. The wheels and tinted windows are a dead giveaway. Picture for reference:

Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-image_20240114_082216406.png

It's a shorter version of the Pullman Guard used by the President and such. Has a lower armor rating too if I remember correctly.

Maybe the government wanted extra protection for the ambassador, with all the instability going on in the country. Or it could be the standard car everywhere. Whatever it is, compromising on the safety of a delegate is never a good thing.

Spotted this Suzuki APV Arena in Delhi

Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-img_9652.jpeg

Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-img_9653.jpeg

Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-img_9654.jpeg

Guys, any idea on how to spot fake embassy vehicles?

Saw some cars on the road and the drivers were driving like pedal to the metal in residential areas.

Couldn't click photos as I was in an auto with two of my friends and my phone was in my bag, it was a Toyota Crysta though with blue number plate yellow numbers.

Toyota Hilux

Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-img_1165.jpeg

Beat this:
US diplomats in Delhi pick autorickshaws over bullet-proof cars

I've seen autorickshaws bearing an embassy number plate a couple of times at Nelson Madela Marg, New Delhi (the road in front of Vasant Kunj malls), but could not click a pic. Will try to get a pic the next time I see one! :D

Volkswagen Transporter from New Delhi

Various Embassy & Consulate Vehicles!-img_0869.jpeg