Team-BHP - PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/49363-pwrs-porsche-world-road-show-2008-a.html)

hi guys,

got lucky, and attended the porsche world road show at aambey valley.

uploading a few pics.

just realised though, didn't click any pictures of the cayenne GTS and the cayman S which we test drove. Rather didn't click any with me all over it:Frustrati:)

Enjoy!!

and not even with the new porsche 911 with PDK..

Love the 911 cabrio.Is that you driving it?

Nice pics samyak, would love to see all of them together in real.

Great Pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

I am attending the event as well - will be reaching there this evening. Wanted to know if they let you photograph your car with the others - I am driving down in my old world 911 Cabrio (993)

I'll try and get some pictures too - and upload them if any turn out nice.

Salty

Lucky u.. i'm green, blue, red and all other shades with envy... :-) More fotos please !

I'm going to start studying just a bit harder from now onwards :)

woooha.brilliant!!! How I envy you!!

Great work Sam , how on earth did you get lucky to get an invite to this event,:Shockked:
By the way please describe your experience of driving the beasts:D
and did you fly down from Indore, or you drove all the way and great pics , please do share your driving experience

Nice pics! Drooling over em..
Would love to hear your feedback about the driving experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by punterccrx8s (Post 1061632)
Love the 911 cabrio.Is that you driving it?

which one are u talking about?? i am in the last pic. there are some other people too who were driving it. i am the one in the white T.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salty dog (Post 1061726)
Great Pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

I am attending the event as well - will be reaching there this evening. Wanted to know if they let you photograph your car with the others - I am driving down in my old world 911 Cabrio (993)

I'll try and get some pictures too - and upload them if any turn out nice.

Salty

and i thought i was lucky!!!
i am sure they will let u in with your 993!!
do send us the pics of it.and lemme know just in case u ever plan to sell it. it still is one of my favourite porsches ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidaford (Post 1061932)
Great work Sam , how on earth did you get lucky to get an invite to this event,:Shockked:
By the way please describe your experience of driving the beasts:D
and did you fly down from Indore, or you drove all the way and great pics , please do share your driving experience

don't ask how i got lucky. :-) and trust me for this, there aren't enough words in my vocabulary to describe the driving experience. the closest i can think of is an orgasm!! and driving so many of them together, multiple orgasm!!:-)
didn't drive all the way there. getting the invite was sheer luck. rest everything was classic me:D.
missed my flight on sunday to pune. so immediately took a bus in the evening. don't ask about that experience, was horrible to say the least.
reached pune and realised that the car i was planning to take had a broken axle. so took a cab.
was very embarrassing.
was about to enter the airstrip on the previous day, and was promptly told that it is an exclusive event he cant let me in. when i told the gentleman that i am invited, he says no sir you dont understand. this is "limited edition" event.
felt like punching him in the eye. but gave him the coldest look ever, and threw some major attitude. which i think convinced them that i am not just an enthusiast, but a serious one at that!! had he not behaved himself immediately, definately would never have bought a porschelol:

Aamby Valley Chalets

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1003613_7107.jpg

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1003614_7514.jpg

Aamby Valley Airport

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1003647_9806.jpg

The Fleet

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1003652_1866.jpg

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1003635_5021.jpg

Cayman S

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1003636_5357.jpg

Cayenne GTS, 911 Carrera PDK

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1003645_8759.jpg

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1003646_9425.jpg

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1003649_612.jpg

Cayenne Turbo

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1003651_1454.jpg

The After Effects

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1004720_3727.jpg

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1004721_4134.jpg

PWRS : Porsche World Road Show 2008-n509468446_1004722_4431.jpg

Lovely pictures guys. It would have been a thrilling experience behind the wheel of one of the best sportscars. So what was the experience like, some details if possible. Samyak you were in the turbo so i am sure controlling the beast would have been tough, till you tamed her or till the instructor showed you how its done.
Incidently today i saw the blue 993 in the morning and thought maybe he was returning from there.

I was actually speechless when i drove the 911 turbo.. the power is insane. i had no words to describe it after i drove it.. just beautiful. they let everyone drive all the cars with good instructors teaching you about the car. Overall had more fun than i expected.

Some Details:

They had different events: with three groups - Yellow, Red and green

I was in the green group,

The first event was Handling - Not much of a handling course than a flat out run on the airstrip with 911 Carrera PDK (PDK something similar to DSG), Cayenne GTS and a Cayenne Turbo.

Then was the Braking - 911 Turbo full acceleration with testing the Boost Function for launch (there was some technical term they used) and then controlling the car through a bend made of cones. Best driving fun personally.

Then was the off-road section - There were 2 people in every cayenne total 6, the green one was for the instructor's, with a very well made course in which they demonstrated the hill descent as well as hill hold function and a bit of driving on rocks and mud.

Then there was lunch.

Last was the Slalom - Boxter S - Timed laps around the track. Good fun with some competition from everyone.

The Demo Laps were at the end in which the instructors were let loose in the 911 Turbo and the Cayenne Turbo and everybody had the oppurtunity to sit in one of them (through a draw of chits) i got to sit in the cayenne and it was crazy, some hair raising powerslides by the instructor and a 180 at the end of the runway was like icing on the cake.

Damn , you are really lucky
Thanks for showing us some real same different beauties.

Do write some detailed report on your drive as in TD experience :D