Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2009, 00:06   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello all,

Saw the work at the Nissan Showroom yesterday. Going on in full wing.

As mentioned in earlier posts about the MB showroom which was with Cama motors for several years has now closed and new owners of the dealership have been decided. From a few friends i have found out that its been now owned by the same group that owns the Honda dealership. LANDMARK HONDA.

The pic below was published in TOI yesterday and hoardings of this are all across the city.

There is now a new Merc dealer in the city. Here is more news> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1349918
Old 17th June 2009, 10:07   #107
Senior - BHPian

Cama Motors Luxury Car Business

The following article is published in today Mirror here.

NAME A CAR YOU WANT AND GET IT DELIVERED AT YOUR DOORSTEP

Cama Motors, the oldest motor vehicle dealer in the state, will now be importing luxury cars like Ferrari, Hummer and Rolls Royce

AHMEDABAD MIRROR BUREAU

Cama Motors, which till now was holding the Mercedes Benz dealership, is diversifying into selling of preowned luxury cars and importing of luxury cars. “You name a car and we will get it for you. We are here to get people their dream cars,” said Jehangir Cama, chairman and managing director of Cama group.
It is after extensive market research and analysis of customers’ demands that Cama has decided to diversify.
The three new divisions of Cama Motors — Cama Signature, Cama Studio and Cama Care — will cater to selling of pre-owned luxury cars, import of new cars, refurbish and design and repair and maintenance of all kind of luxury SUVs and sedans.
“Cama Signature, a special division would facilitate hassle-free import of new luxury cars. It may be an SUV, Luxury Sedan, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Hummer, Rolls Royce or Land Cruiser. For this, we have tied up with Magus Cars in Delhi,” said Rustom Cama, Executive Director.
“Our Cama Signature programme would also provide pre-owned luxury cars, the look, glamour and elegance of which would be as good as new,” he added.
There is a huge market for pre-owned luxury car segment and Cama Motors is making a new beginning to tap this growing market, he said.
Cama Studio, the design wing, would focus on renovation of luxury and vintage cars. Consultants will work on specifications given by clients on designs or renovations. Cama has tied up with Lorinser Sports service company to get superior accessories.
Renovation will include aspects like engine tuning, enhancing navigation system and paint finishing.
Cama Care will look after the maintenance and repair of all the cars besides offering a 24-hour breakdown assistance. The division along with Carz Spa, which is a professional car detailing centre, is dedicated to automobile beautification and preservation and will offer end-to-end solutions for premium hi-end cars.
This division will have well-trained and experienced personnel to give an unparalleled look to any car.
Services such as germ free car, sound-proof cabin, nano-coating on glasses to name a few will be done by this division.
The company targets a sale of 150 cars during the startup phase. The delivery of car will depend on the amount of money the customer is ready to invest.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Gujarat-getimage.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Gujarat-getimage1.jpg  

Old 17th June 2009, 10:54   #108
Senior - BHPian

while I had excellent after sales service from Cama, would you really want to buy a luxury car from a dealer that has lost its car dealership license thrice?

1. Mitsubishi
2. Skoda
3. Mercedez-Benz
Old 17th June 2009, 11:19   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
while I had excellent after sales service from Cama, would you really want to buy a luxury car from a dealer that has lost its car dealership license thrice?

1. Mitsubishi
2. Skoda
3. Mercedez-Benz
hahaha.. nice one dude. Its a point worth thinking. But there are enough people in the city who would not even think of what we are thinking and still go further to buy those exotics from CAMA.
Old 17th June 2009, 11:25   #110
BHPian

So this cama motors has "lost" or left the dealership with mitshubishi, skoda or benz?
By the way do people still go for this importers for rolls, even when rolls has its own dealership in India? Is it because of the delievery period or what?
Old 17th June 2009, 12:01   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
So this cama motors has "lost" or left the dealership with mitshubishi, skoda or benz?
By the way do people still go for this importers for rolls, even when rolls has its own dealership in India? Is it because of the delievery period or what?
rolls dealership is based in Mumbai. So getting it through a local agent is opted by some buyers. I dont think there is going to be a much of a price difference. also with cama motors going to provide service support locally, which is a big + point. Also as you said, the delivery period could be a factor. We must not forget that while buying from such agents payment methods can be twisted unlike when bought directly from company showroom.

I am not much aware of if the dealership was taken away or they quit. There was rumors about MBIL taking away the dealership. No clue about others.
Old 17th June 2009, 13:12   #112
BHPian

Yes. The payment terms! Like the Porsche asks for 60% of the money in advance, untill then your order is not placed in germany! Moreover they ask again for the rest of 40% upon confirmation of VIN number! I am sure of other exotic manufacturers.
While the importers mite be a bit flexible in the payment terms. As in 30-40% of advance asking and the rest on delivery..
Old 17th June 2009, 13:31   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post

1. Mitsubishi
2. Skoda
3. Mercedez-Benz
To add to the list - Hindustan Motors
Old 17th June 2009, 13:37   #114
Senior - BHPian

this is the add that came today on TOI, stating cama motors new venture of imported vehicles fresh as well as second hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Gujarat-getimage.png  

Old 17th June 2009, 13:41   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Yes. The payment terms! Like the Porsche asks for 60% of the money in advance, untill then your order is not placed in germany! Moreover they ask again for the rest of 40% upon confirmation of VIN number! I am sure of other exotic manufacturers.
While the importers mite be a bit flexible in the payment terms. As in 30-40% of advance asking and the rest on delivery..
Not only did i mean about payment terms also the payment methods. when dealing with the dealership customer has to go through a "white channel" of payment. whilst with the dealers / agents all can be twisted. I may be wrong here. But that surely is the case with normal car agents who deal in normal cars.
Old 17th June 2009, 14:03   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Not only did i mean about payment terms also the payment methods. when dealing with the dealership customer has to go through a "white channel" of payment. whilst with the dealers / agents all can be twisted. I may be wrong here. But that surely is the case with normal car agents who deal in normal cars.
Albeit i know about twisting stuff and payment methods, you are right about going through "white channel", with importers other channels is quite normal. Although after choksey case, importers are now pretty cautious.
Old 17th June 2009, 15:53   #117
BHPian

rest assured, if a dealership is marketing themselves this way, there is a very minute chance of they getting into the twisted payment methods.

they themselves are calling for attention from everyone, i doubt they wouldnt have considered DRI, IT and others had they been interested in "black" deals.
Old 17th June 2009, 17:45   #118
Senior - BHPian

Merc A Class, Grey Hummer & Mysterious R Class

Guys,

Just passed in front of the CAMA showroom. There was a Merc A class parked out there in front of the showroom and a Grey Hummer as seen in earlier pics parked inside along with another car, which i couldnt recognize. A class was a DL reg so i dont think its for sale there or could be a part of their used car sales.

Also please tell me if there is a MERC R CLASS? My friend just spotted a MERC an said it had a badge of R500 on rear left side and it looked different then normal hatches he had ever seen. As per his description it was similar to Honda Jazz only a little bigger. I cant confirm this sighting as i havent seen it myself but yes source can be relied upon. Also it had big A/F [APPLIED FOR] label on both sides on reg plates.

Could it be an import or brought in to promot the new MERC dealership? All here in Ahmedabad please keep your eyes and camera lens open.

Cheers!!
Old 17th June 2009, 17:53   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
To add to the list - Hindustan Motors
There you go. Now Why would they not apply for a liasion dealership like others and get into importing?

Obviously because they werent succesful with it.
Old 17th June 2009, 17:58   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Also please tell me if there is a MERC R CLASS? My friend just spotted a MERC an said it had a badge of R500 on rear left side and it looked different then normal hatches he had ever seen. As per his description it was similar to Honda Jazz only a little bigger. I cant confirm this sighting as i havent seen it myself but yes source can be relied upon. Also it had big A/F [APPLIED FOR] label on both sides on reg plates.

Could it be an import or brought in to promot the new MERC dealership? All here in Ahmedabad please keep your eyes and camera lens open.

Cheers!!
What colour was it? Do let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks