Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 18:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

Those are nice pics from the Mercedes factory.
Are engg. students allowed to go to the manufacturing plant as an educational trip? Actually my college is planning an I.V, so i can very well suggest the Mercedes factory.It'd be great if Mercedes allows students for a tour to the factory. If not Merc, is there any other car manufacturer who allow students in their plants?
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:36   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Those are nice pics from the Mercedes factory.
Are engg. students allowed to go to the manufacturing plant as an educational trip? Actually my college is planning an I.V, so i can very well suggest the Mercedes factory.It'd be great if Mercedes allows students for a tour to the factory. If not Merc, is there any other car manufacturer who allow students in their plants?
I think that could be possible. Why dont you ask your college to get in touch with Mercedes at the plant itself? I think they would be fine with educational trips for you engg. students.
Old 22nd April 2009, 21:11   #78
Senior - BHPian

Nice report Dippy. Very detailed and nice catchy photo's too.

How does one get an appointment or an invitation for a similar visit (including the test drives of course )
Old 23rd April 2009, 03:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

Dippy, great pictures, lovely thread. Thanks for taking the time and trouble!

The factory is really a great place, I was MOST impressed when I visited as well. It's such a joy for a car-nut to get to see these beauties coming to life, as it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
wow. great report dippy. the amgs look really good. so thats the second m3 to be visiting the merc factory in the past month or so?
Yup, quite cheeky! First an E92 and now an E46!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Must have been quite an experience! But my post is not about the Mercs, I'm going to admit it, that BMW M3 beats everything. It is, IMO, the last of the beautiful BMWs manufactured and yes, for me it's the most beautiful BMW that's ever existed. Dimensionally perfect, visually pleasing, perfect stance and flawless proportions.

Anyway this thread's not about the M3 so let's move on.
I think that the E46 M3's lines are beautiful in a timeless sense! Having said that, you can clearly tell that the design is now a generation old.

Last edited by kbk_75 : 23rd April 2009 at 03:50.
Old 23rd April 2009, 04:08   #80
BHPian

aha. Nice review and great pictures !!

Lucky you to get your hands on those supercars.
Old 23rd April 2009, 08:02   #81
Senior - BHPian

Excellent travelogue buddy & great pictures by Karthy. Really appreciate both of your enthusiasm & interest. I don't have to say anything more; the feedback on this thread say how much it has entertained the BHPians.

I've to say that Mercedes Benz India keeps their hospitality as per the brand's royality. It was really a wonderful experiance.

Regarding the AMG drives, as Dippy mentioned, MB India now has stopped giving the AMG models for drive as they had a bad damage for a CLS63 from Lonavala. We got the car only because they have given us a promise. But we are very happy that the internal roads good enough to feel the power of those AMGs.

I was also expecting the S65 too for the drive, unfortunetly the car was advanced by a customer & MB India has cleaned-up & kept the car for transportation. I've got a photo of the same which I spaned when I went to park the SL63 at the Car Pool. Will post it later after downloading from the camera.

Dippy: thank you so much for your nice words.

Last edited by hanmust : 23rd April 2009 at 08:08.
Old 20th January 2010, 18:21   #82
BHPian

You guys are so lucky!! I loved going through each and every line! Appreciate your efforts Dippy!

I absolutely love the CLS. Purely because of its smooth and flowy lines! It looks like a car is meant to look! Completely my types!

The Sl63 looks hot too! Btw, isn't this the car which Overdrive mag has? I remember seeing a similar license plate. The 4th pic of post #9 made my day!

Visit again and see how the new E-Class is made.

Cheers!

Cartman.
Old 20th January 2010, 18:48   #83
BHPian

You have already been to heaven and back buddies... Wow ! 'Few' people get chances like this.
Old 21st January 2010, 11:16   #84
BHPian

Great coverage there Dippy.

The Factory is very clean, looks like heaven.
The cars are gorgeous, the SL63 AMG is a looker, very aggressively styled.

I never knew that the S class body came assembled form Germany, But there's only one word to define it "Classy!!"

The Actros is huge, it has no competition here, 400BHP sounds yummy.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:10   #85
BHPian

@ Dippy,
Nice coverage. Thanks for sharing the pics with all of us.
Brembo factory is like a surprise for many of us as we are not knowing that Brembo has its won plant in India.
This factory visit photos are like a yummy ice cream for Automobile Engineering students like me.
SL63 AMG is looking solid & aggressive with its muscular looks. Actros is alos looking mighty. M-Class is also looking solid, my all time favorite off-roader.
Old 21st January 2010, 13:28   #86
BHPian

I thought they would have frisked you throughly when you entered the premises in an M3. Would have been super if you got a pic of the MD with the beemer in the background. But kudos to MBIL for running a state of art facility in India. Nice to see the S also being built here. Are the engines put together here as well?
Old 21st January 2010, 13:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Are the engines put together here as well?
Nope. Everything comes as a CKD. The cars are just put together at this Pune facility. The C and E are sent to Tata Motors for a paint job. S Class comes painted from Germany.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks