Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 12:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

great pics!
BTW that C-Class grille is a company option.But not too sure about the E Class.
Could be an after-market job.Doesn't look good IMO
Old 1st September 2009, 12:38   #17
BHPian

Nice thread!!
Similarly, you'll get to see a good number of such cars at the Hutatma Chowk//Fountain intersection and Rampart Row at Kalaghoda.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice photos & great effort 'heavy_foot'. It's no wonder to see somany luxury machines & I guess its on a peak hours of a working day.

That black S-class seems to be S500, I've also snapped one similar S500 & posted the photo in the S-class thread.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:22   #19
BHPian

Yeh hai MUMBAI meri Jaan
Old 1st September 2009, 13:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice Bentley! The rest are a dime a dozen!
Old 1st September 2009, 13:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Nice photos & great effort 'heavy_foot'. It's no wonder to see somany luxury machines & I guess its on a peak hours of a working day.
These pics have been snapped from 4:50 pm till 5:20 pm before i left the place. There were a lot more which i couldnt click and in some time my vision was blurred as i was looking through the viewfinder continuously .
Old 1st September 2009, 13:44   #22
BHPian

sighting of these imports is nothing new at Marine Drive. Call it co incidence or whatever I was at Marine Drive waiting at the bus stop. Route 123 has one of the best bus routes so go for a walk and take that bus.
In the thick of traffic i saw S classes, Beemers and x5 in a sort of convoy, one behind the other. I was just thinking, does recession exist ?

The best sighting I have had as a chance was at the petrol pump below the flyover, was there to fill up. There was a S class, a bentley, a jag, a lexus and Hummer all white, brand new with Dubai number plates.

If you have missed the ford. its parked on the opposite side near the buildings Kapur Mahal. You can see it there. it belongs to a consulate and has a CC no.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:16   #23
BHPian

OT

What impresses me is the way how people in Mumbai drive, I've seen many other pictures of mumbai roads and even the taxi drivers follow lane discipline.
If it was built in Bangalore(and if Bangalore had a sea), People would swim across the sea to escape a jam caused by our drivers!

Is it the same in Delhi too?
Old 1st September 2009, 14:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
OT

Is it the same in Delhi too?
I have not been to Bangalore, but boy Delhi is horrible. taxis/autos have no lane discipline there and add nice wide roads to this combination. Its like simulation of a video game on streets.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Seeing multiple imports at Marine Drive is nothing new. The other night we were at the Marine Drive promenade and we saw more Cayennes then Innovas. Apart from that the usual S Classes, 7 Series and the Scuderia.
Scuderia? dint know there was one.Dippy have you got any pics please?

Nice pics BTW.In Kolkata you will lucky if you can spot 2 7/s-class in a day.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Scuderia? dint know there was one.Dippy have you got any pics please?

Nice pics BTW.In Kolkata you will lucky if you can spot 2 7/s-class in a day.
Yes Scuderia. I think its the only one in the country. Member Tejas has a couple of pics. Maybe he can put them up. Infact there is a picture or two in another thread.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:48   #27
BHPian

I have seen the ford Expedition at bandstand, Its soo damm huge, and the colour is bling too. WHo does it belong to any idea?
Old 1st September 2009, 15:55   #28
BANNED

Helmets are not compulsory in Mumbai?
Old 1st September 2009, 16:30   #29
BHPian

Marine Drive is one great place to spot cars. But next time you want better pictures, go toward Nariman Point during the morning and evening rush hour. :-)

Great pics btw. Even though I often drive through the lovely stretch, I don't usually get to stand there and take pictures!
Old 1st September 2009, 17:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
I have seen the ford Expedition at bandstand, Its soo damm huge, and the colour is bling too. WHo does it belong to any idea?
Dear Sohail- is it maroon ? if it is, then its the same marine drive vehicle discussed here. It belongs to some consulate. Dont know the vehicle code for consuls else would have told you. Anyways since we are talking about massive trucks. I had spotted one 3 years ago outside Wilson college. A huge black ford twin cab f150/250. Yes, a bling lifestyle pick up in Mumbai.

In my school Christ Church there used to be a chevy scotsdale making frequent visits. Dropping a school kid. It was huge and the sound if i remember told me it was a petrol. There was a private garage at Belasis Rd (where orchid city centre stands) this one had huge american MUV as one could say a chevy sedan and some other vehicle, perpetually parked there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks