Team-BHP - Mumbai - Saab sightings
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Mumbai - Saab sightings (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/6811-mumbai-saab-sightings.html)

Well this is a few months back. Was goin through the Net when I just read about Saab and remembered that I had spotted one a few months ago in...... U wudnt believe it.........Ulhasnagar.

It was just lying at one place with a flat tyre. Seemed to be rotting there since a long time. Was covered with lotsa dust. Anyone staying that side could have a look at it and post some pics of it. Have also seen a Saab sedan in Lokhandwala.

Matey, thats a Saab 900

oops. thanks ajmat. thats a 900. I thought even the old one was called the 9-3.

wow, thats one covertable...............guess whats the power under the hood?

what you see is the 900 one of the real old saabs. It was replaced in 1993 by the next 900 which was based on Vectra mechanicals - competent car but no character. It was revised to become the 9-3 a few years later. Two years ago, it was replaced by athe new 9-3 on the Epsilon platform

Looks like there is a later 900/ 9-3 convertable in Bangalore - picked up sunday's Asian Age to see one being used by Sai Baba to drive around the compund for Darshan

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
Matey, thats a Saab 900

As seen in the hit movie Sideways.

I hope there is no other thread like this. Mods please merge if there is stupid:.
Saw this on my office parking lot today, not sure what model Saab it is, looks pretty spiffy though.

That's a Saab Turbo X, based on the 9-3 sedan.

It's a limited run with AWD (X for AWD), and a few modifications to the suspension setup to make it handle well.

I haven't really test driven one, but I like the looks!

A 2.8l 4-cylinder engine w/280bhp should help it move.

wow..that is one sexy looking car. But, i wonder why someone would import a saab into India!!!

A brand new Saab. Not something you see everyday these days. Totally different from what one buys generally. I love this car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aah78 (Post 1156673)
That's a Saab Turbo X, based on the 9-3 sedan.

It's a limited run with AWD (X for AWD), and a few modifications to the suspension setup to make it handle well.

I haven't really test driven one, but I like the looks!

A 2.8l 4-cylinder engine w/280bhp should help it move.

Blown, no doubt, but V6! It is a nice looking car, at least from the pics above. Interesting looking rims too!

wow, I have not seen many new Saabs in India lately! They are common as hell in Europe, but hardly see any in India. Do they have any dealers actually? I haven't seen any in Mumbai. I am guessing they cost a lot to import?

Black beauty. Good to see the younger brother of my 2006 Saab 93 turbo. The body lines on Saab are a work of art, great ride quality, fine interiors and great value for money.
Mumbai - Saab sightings-00038.jpg

@Malhaar - I dont think there are any Saab dealers in India