Team-BHP - Nissan R35 spotted in Belgaum!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Nissan R35 spotted in Belgaum!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/76752-nissan-r35-spotted-belgaum.html)

Had been to Belgaum this morning when an R35 passed by our Innova on college road (near sangam hotel).

It was white in colour and had a NL 05 registration. NL stands for Nagaland. And 05 is Wokha district.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of....80.94Nagaland

Hard to believe the car actually came down from there or does registering your supercar in Nagaland have any benefits?

Anyone else spotted this car in another city?

Shan2nu

Very low taxes apparently.

I had spotted the same in Bangalore. But did wonder about the Nagaland Regn though.

Low taxes for sure - but i thought KA govt / police doesn't allow any out of state vehicles in KA.

Car must been brought down via truck. Orissa roads are terrible for a car with low GC.

This has been discussed a few times on other threads. AFAIK Nagaland has very very low road tax and is amongst the rare states, where the vehicle is not physically needed for reg.

Frankly its not worth it. You will end up being stopped by each and every traffic/rto officer who notices a non KA reg car.

Rather get the car registered in KA and enjoy it without having to worry about getting petrol and toll reciepts from another state.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu (Post 1766575)
Frankly its not worth it. You will end up being stopped by each and every traffic/rto officer who notices a non KA reg car.

Rather get the car registered in KA and enjoy it without having to worry about getting petrol and toll reciepts from another state.

Shan2nu

:thumbs up

When you can spend so much on the car, why not pay little extra tax and enjoy a trouble free ride . :Frustrati

In Nagaland, the R35 can be registered under 10K. Go figure! Ditto is the case in Meghalaya.

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet_rocker (Post 1766522)
Low taxes for sure - but i thought KA govt / police doesn't allow any out of state vehicles in KA.

Car must been brought down via truck. Orissa roads are terrible for a car with low GC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu (Post 1766575)
Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraft.wagen (Post 1766656)
:thumbs up

When you can spend so much on the car, why not pay little extra tax and enjoy a trouble free ride . :Frustrati

Well,guys do you really think cops (normal cops,traffic cops or RTO people) will stop something like a R35 or any of that league car and ask owner why it is not regd in KA? I dont!!

BUt i am sure Shan2nu it would have been a nice experience to sopt a GTR in Belgaum.

Apart from low taxes, i think vehicles imported evading duties are easier to register at these places.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 1766738)
In Nagaland, the R35 can be registered under 10K. Go figure! Ditto is the case in Meghalaya.

Man, that is incredible! And all along I thought that Delhi-Gurgaon taxes were low - I was reading about a Laura purchase in your neck of the woods the other day & the On-road price was lower than Gurgaon!

This is the reason that most big players in the heavy cargo moving business have their rigs registered in Nagaland. Apparently, they only need an address on paper for their vehicles to be registered. As already mentioned, the physical presence of the vehicle is not mandatory at the time of registration.

The cost of registration of a vehicle is the same in Meghalaya but there is more corruption in Nagaland.

:OTKarnatka POLICE only trouble, owner with car under 15 LACs, anything above superb or Accord or Merc/Audi/BMW and no Matter what reg the car has your not stopped, from experience, even if some one stops only couple of questions and that it.
Have had experience:D

Guys we are moving way OT. Lets get back to the thread topic.

A brand new one? What color was it? BHPians in Belgaum, you guys need to get to work.. :)