Team-BHP - My Mercedes SL500
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   My Mercedes SL500 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/84684-my-mercedes-sl500.html)

Acquired her two weeks back. 5000cc engine; 302 BHP; Hard-top convertible; Red nappa leather interiors; Rear wheels 285/35 R18; Front 255/40 R18. Max speed done on Mumbai-Pune Expressway: 210kph, before needing to take the foot off the gas due to traffic ahead. Sweet car.

wow! It's beautiful and immaculately maintained!!! Congratulations Varaman. Love the red interiors in your car. But I'm not sure if I like those wheels. Just my opinion :)

Nice buy there dude. Love the interiors. Somehow, the rims looks a bit Sci-fi for my taste. Other than that, its perfect !

SL 500. Does it have a V8 / V12 engine.?

A great looking car, congratulations. :)

sweet car! interiors look good as well! congratulations!!

Sweet car indeed! Good choice, to say the least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varaman (Post 1961263)
Acquired her two weeks back. 5000cc engine; 302 BHP; Hard-top convertible; Red nappa leather interiors; Rear wheels 285/35 R18; Front 255/40 R18. Max speed done on Mumbai-Pune Expressway: 210kph, before needing to take the foot off the gas due to traffic ahead. Sweet car.

Congrats man! Its a beautiful car. Aah, well that comment was needless for a Merc anyway. 210 kmph, be careful buddy. Drive safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 1961295)
Nice buy there dude. Love the interiors. Somehow, the rims looks a bit Sci-fi for my taste. Other than that, its perfect !

:) Oddly enough, I found the rims to be particularly appealing when I bought her - probably because there is so much 'sameness' in the alloy wheels you see these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1961312)
SL 500. Does it have a V8 / V12 engine.?

A great looking car, congratulations. :)

It is a V8 engine, not V12... the V12 is on the SL55AMG and the SL600

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1961319)
Congrats man! Its a beautiful car. Aah, well that comment was needless for a Merc anyway. 210 kmph, be careful buddy. Drive safe.

Thanks, mate! Will be careful, no worries. It's just that the car begs you to push her and the burble of the engine is just addicting... but your advice is well received :)

Quote:

the V12 is on the SL55AMG
The SL55AMG has a 5.4 litre supercharged V8, not a V12.

Sweet looking car Varaman. Seems to be in pristine condition. How many kms on the odo when you bought her?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varaman (Post 1961336)

It is a V8 engine, not V12... the V12 is on the SL55AMG and the SL600

The SL55 AMG comes with a 5.5 litre Supercharged V8 :) By far one of the best cars I have driven. The SL600 has the V12 while the SL65 AMG gets a bi turbo version of the V12.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1961347)
Sweet looking car Varaman. Seems to be in pristine condition. How many kms on the odo when you bought her?

The SL55 AMG comes with a 5.5 litre Supercharged V8 :) By far one of the best cars I have driven. The SL600 has the V12 while the SL65 AMG gets a bi turbo version of the V12.

Only 25K kms... and the leather still smells new :)

Congrats man! the car looks great with those interiors. Drive Safe. :)

Wow ! That one is absolutely drool-worthy.
The model is from which year?
Can you post a few closeup pics of the dash and the gizmos?

BTW, congrats !!

it is a beautiful car, those alloys are looking stunning may be the most amazing stock aloys i have seen. and do they come stock that ways?

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 1961386)
it is a beautiful car, those alloys are looking stunning may be the most amazing stock aloys i have seen. and do they come stock that ways?

The stock alloys are 17"... the ones you see are 18" rims specially ordered from Mercedes Benz.