Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2005, 23:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

a few days back, i went to the metro motors showroom and asked if they could import an evo VIII or !X for me. The guy some manager types came out of his cabin after a long time and tried his best to discourage me from doing so. "What is the point?" he said. " Where will you repair or service it? WE CANNOT DO IT AND NEITHER WILL ANY ONE FROM THE LANCER DIVISION. ARRE SIR THEY CANT EVEN SERVICE THE PAJEROS WE IMPORT. NO ONE HAS THE KNOW HOW!!"....AND HE QUIETLY SLIPPED INTO HIS CABIN....any comments!!
Old 18th November 2005, 01:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes. As a mature and understanding man he is right.

Its true though that you can get your Evo repaired and serviced outside. he gave you an honest opinion.

as young person I maybe discouraged but imagine buying such an awesome car worth around 20lakhs and not getting proper parts and maintainence.

Anyways the cars is awesome.
Old 18th November 2005, 12:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16
a few days back, i went to the metro motors showroom and asked if they could import an evo VIII or !X for me. The guy some manager types came out of his cabin after a long time and tried his best to discourage me from doing so. "What is the point?" he said. " Where will you repair or service it? WE CANNOT DO IT AND NEITHER WILL ANY ONE FROM THE LANCER DIVISION. ARRE SIR THEY CANT EVEN SERVICE THE PAJEROS WE IMPORT. NO ONE HAS THE KNOW HOW!!"....AND HE QUIETLY SLIPPED INTO HIS CABIN....any comments!!

Hello V-16,
I totally disagree with the manager.I have customers here on my place that have stopped going to Metro motors because their staff in the service dept is not good.
They dont have have good diagnostic tecq.
Besides I have trained with Jagaur in USA,and very well versed in electronic systems on a car.
Now the real story!

I am doing a evo 7 here on my palce in mumbai.I have all the workshop manual and techniacl service bullitein issused by Mitsubhishi Motors Jp. for the evos.
I am making the car here,not like other people who want their car made in another country.

I CAN take care of an EVO right here in Mumbai!
Old 18th November 2005, 12:31   #19
BHPian

EVO import

Hey V-16,
I can get u a evo 7/8 for about 26/28

U dont need to go to Metro Motors

Karan
Old 18th November 2005, 12:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya
Guys its just a Demo car and not any customer car.

There r 4 of these car in 4 Different cities.

I know the importer.

I will try to get some more photos on the other ones soon.
Old 18th November 2005, 13:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

hey dippy,

Good stuff, the EVO IX is a brillian vehile, its got really advance traction control system, its rocking vehicle. good pics considering the quality of d camera.

keep up d good work buddy.
Old 18th November 2005, 13:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Went and checked out the EVO IX this evening. It is an original Lancer EVO IX in shiny blue paint. You even have the Brembos on it though couldnt help notice the rust on the discs. I have taken some pictures which have been put up in post No. 1. HM has brought down the EVO for promotion building up to the Cedia launch. After you check out the car, the sales person asks you what you would like to see on the Cedia. The car will be at Popular Cars showroom till the 22nd of November. I suggest you guys go and take a look
Dippy, I have to go and see this car.
apparently, [being possesive] my Subaru-STI looks better, and specs/driveability are better!!
Sorry for this.
check the photos on
mumbai drive on 23rd october---
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...&highlight=sti
Old 18th November 2005, 13:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Scooby

Do go and check out the car and I suggest you take the STi along . Its there on display till the 22nd. If you need any help regarding directions give me a buzz
Old 18th November 2005, 15:40   #24

Hi there,
Nice to see so many Evo fans.
Actually HM is put up 4 Evo IX cars on display across the country. Right now the shows are on at Asian Motors - New Delhi, Southern Motors, Bangalore, Northern Motors - Jullundur and of course - Popular - Mumbai. Right time for those interested to go and have a look !
Old 18th November 2005, 21:24   #25
BHPian

Nice one GTO...looks like the guy who owns it just wanted the peeps to see the car and relish it...when did you catch the car moving...was it the owner in the car or just a showroom dude???
Old 19th November 2005, 17:51   #26
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked out the car today. Sadly the guy who was explaining to me abt the car was more interested in getting his feedback form filled rather than letting me see the car. The car looked very good. According to "him" HM is gonna "make" a new car based on the feedback given on the basis of the IX. The car's gonna be called the "Lancer" and will be priced in the region of 12-14 lakhs.....Sheeeee.....come on who would pay 12-14 for a Lancer. The car would be launched in 4-6 months. Wow....That seems to be real fast. Conduct a survey...take a feedback for a month and there...in 4 months ur car is ready. And whats different, it would be name "Liquid" or "Solid" and it has a chrome strip running the center of the dash and new bumpers. Thats ur 12-14 lakhs Lancer. Why conduct a survey when the same look Lancer is going to be launched here. Obvously based on the feedback they are not gonna change the look of the car except for omitting certain options. Have taken some pics. Will post them later.
Old 19th November 2005, 18:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

bangalore guys there is a silver evo IX on display in the hm showroom on st marks road...checked it out today...awesome machine.
Old 19th November 2005, 21:51   #28
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Some detailed pics of the 9 :

Old 19th November 2005, 22:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport
!

I am making the car here,not like other people who want their car made in another country.
I dont quite understand this. What do you mean by that you are making the car here. Are we given to understand that you are manufacturing a EVO IX here in India. Also what does it mean when you say people want their car made in another country. All EVO's are made by Mitsubishi Motors only.
Old 19th November 2005, 22:27   #30
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

i guess KS meant modifying the car for more power.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks