Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 02:50   #1

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!

Hi Guys! I would like to hear your opinion about this car. We drove from Russia to India by it. We went via Turkey,Iran,Pakistan. Now we are in india. Just came back from Leh-Ladakh.Wow!!! What a place,what a drive! I recommend to everybody.
What i would like to know is where in delhi would you suggest to service this kind of car? I need to change oil and some filters. The rest is fine,we had no problems at all on the way. Already 25000 kilometers since we left Moscow.
Also i would like to ask if somebody can tell me how much would this car cost in india? It's a 2002 model,with 4200cc engine diesel.With an Off road package .
And how much is a tax clearance? Coz i've imported this car without paying any taxes (i used carnet de passage).And if i want to sell it i need to pay indian tax. How much?
Here some pictures from our trips...
Salutteeee!!
Attached Thumbnails
Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-turkey.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-iran.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-iran2.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-iranian-diesel-100-litres-1-us-.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-pakistankalashnikov.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-balochistan-roads2.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-pakistan-trucks.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-pakistan-trucks2.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-pakistan-trucks3.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-way-leh-ladakh.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-way-ladakh-2.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-tang-lang-la-pass-gps.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-way-ladakh-3.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-ladakh-views.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-camping-4500-meters.jpg  

drbryjne is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th August 2010, 12:04   #2

Hi drbryjne,
Your ride looks awesome - way to go.

Regarding your question about service -- there are authorized Toyota service centers in Delhi that would be my first pick. If you require some special parts that are not available, there is a place called "Khan Market" which can arrange for the parts to be delivered from Dubai - however, I'd still go through the Toyota dealer, if possible.

Regarding the price -- just curious, are you planning on selling it? If yes, TBHP is a good place to advert. Knowledgable drivers who will appreciate the capabilities of your vehicle. Regarding price - about 20 lakh rupees would be my guess. Senior members will throw more light on it.

Ride On! vbmenu_register("postmenu_2022523", true);
Old 12th August 2010, 13:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

AMAZING...Welcome to TBHP and India.Wish ti see more of your trip.All the best for your stay in India.
Old 12th August 2010, 13:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

drbryjne whatta way to make your 1st post.Welcome aboard, a quick about yourself would definitely help. Also do post about your experience driving through all the countries you mentioned. For the rest of your queries , I would request you to wait for the experts to comment.

Just found a few threads which might be of help

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...tage-cars.html

Part 1 : http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmthehe...ing-a-carbike/

Part 2 : http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmthehe...ikecar-part-2/

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 12th August 2010 at 13:26.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:30   #5
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a terrific start at Team-BHP. Hats Off for taking the longer route all the way from Russia. We at Team-BHP would love to read a detailed travelogue complete with pics about the whole journey. It would be really fun to read about the various experiences you encountered throughout the journey. Great start. Way to go man !!
Old 12th August 2010, 14:51   #6
BANNED

Welcome to India! Some drive it must have been. Get it serviced from Toyota, they would have all the parts.

Regarding selling this, there would be quite a few off roaders interested. Suggest you try the classified section. I think INR 30,000,00 should be decent price.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to India. So what pars of India are you planning to travel?
Old 12th August 2010, 15:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
Regarding selling this, there would be quite a few off roaders interested. Suggest you try the classified section. I think INR 30,000,00 should be decent price.
There is a duty involved that has to be sorted out first, this car is on Carnet. The price for a clear 2002 LC done around 45000 kms would be if sold to a direct buyer INR 24-26 Lakhs. If sold to a dealer then INR 22-23 Lakhs. I dont know how many people would prefer the car with the offroad package though.

@drbryjne welcome to the Forum. I must say the LC looks fabulous and the trip commendable. Could you post a travelogue for people like me who would one day do the trip the other way round. Your experiences would help. The pictures look beautiful with the natural backdrops. Where all in India would you be travelling and was this trip a fun event or there was a reason for the travel. What i mean is a sponsered expidition of just the need to explore. Cheers and hope to read some more from you. All the best for your journey.

Last edited by speedy : 12th August 2010 at 15:14.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:20   #9
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually the car would not fetch much considering it is a 2002 model, and has been through a lot of rough terrain. Post taxes may fetch around 15L with individuals and 13L with a dealer.

Yes the LC is priced a lot in India but that is when new, plus that is for the latest version with all taxes paid. It depreciates quite fast due to the excessively high initial price.

Fankly selling it off in India may not be a great Idea, the taxes could be substantial, but am not sure on that aspect.
Old 12th August 2010, 16:24   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
There is a duty involved that has to be sorted out first, this car is on Carnet. The price for a clear 2002 LC done around 45000 kms would be if sold to a direct buyer INR 24-26 Lakhs. If sold to a dealer then INR 22-23 Lakhs. I dont know how many people would prefer the car with the offroad package though.

@drbryjne welcome to the Forum. I must say the LC looks fabulous and the trip commendable. Could you post a travelogue for people like me who would one day do the trip the other way round. Your experiences would help. The pictures look beautiful with the natural backdrops. Where all in India would you be travelling and was this trip a fun event or there was a reason for the travel. What i mean is a sponsered expidition of just the need to explore. Cheers and hope to read some more from you. All the best for your journey.
My quote was not considering the duties. there are off roaders with a lot of green in their pockets. for a normal sale, no one would buy it. it has to be an off roader.
Old 13th August 2010, 10:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
My quote was not considering the duties. there are off roaders with a lot of green in their pockets. for a normal sale, no one would buy it. it has to be an off roader.

Saintsinner even if you are a hardcore offroader with Greens to fill a state, you still will not put your hands into something that is not cleared and that is above market value. No body would want the custom guys questioning you, as these models have always been the target of the Customs. The best deals are always sought out for by everyone . My take on this car would be to ship it back home as with the duties and other formalities the car value would not be met.

Last edited by speedy : 13th August 2010 at 11:01.
Old 13th August 2010, 18:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Those are some gorgeous photographs, drbyjne! Amazing backdrops!
Old 14th August 2010, 17:37   #13

Thank you!

Thank you very much everybody for the warm welcome and nice words!!! And the tips about car price and taxes are very useful.Not that i am planning to sell this car now,but i was offered 30 lakhs for it,when i was in Goa. But i didn't know anything about tax story in India. I can't sell it black(illegal),Coz i will have problems after in russia from carnet office,and from indian customs too. So i can only sell it officialy with a tax duty paid.As i understand from the posts,if i get around 30 lakhs for my car,i will need to pay around 15 lakhs tax duty.Which leaves me with 15 lakhs in my pocket.
Not very interesting idea.This is how much it would cost in Russia.
Anyway we are planning to travel more in india(1 year) and then maybe go through China to Thailand,Vietnam,Cambodia.Now we are at the North of India in Himachal pradesh.After 2 month will start our way down to the South,Want to make it to Tamil Nady this time.Last time we made it only till Goa And stuck there for 3 month it was too comfortable and beautiful ,we couldn't leave.=))
Thank's again all TEAM BHP mEmBERS!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_7160.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_7469.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_7545.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_7833.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_7931.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_7935.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_8034.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_8176.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_8228.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_8230.jpg  

Monster Toyota LandCruiser 105- Spotted All Over india!-img_8243.jpg  

drbryjne is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2010, 10:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbryjne View Post
Thank you very much everybody for the warm welcome and nice words!!! And the tips about car price and taxes are very useful.Not that i am planning to sell this car now,but i was offered 30 lakhs for it,when i was in Goa. But i didn't know anything about tax story in India. I can't sell it black(illegal),Coz i will have problems after in russia from carnet office,and from indian customs too. So i can only sell it officialy with a tax duty paid.As i understand from the posts,if i get around 30 lakhs for my car,i will need to pay around 15 lakhs tax duty.Which leaves me with 15 lakhs in my pocket.
Not very interesting idea.This is how much it would cost in Russia.

drbryjne you got it a bit wrong here. The value that the customs would catch is of 2002. Say at that time the cars were costing 50 odd Lakhs. Duty would be calculated on that amount to say roughly 27 odd lakhs plus a Penalty of about 10-12 odd lakhs. Then you have the under hand payments that would be on a higher side since you are not a local. So the full 30 Lakhs that you would recieve and say something extra would go into the customs pocket and you would be left empty handed. Its not a good deal atall.

I was just going to ask you. Wont the Russian immigration and customs cause problems if you dont take the car back. I am sure there must be a bond amount that you would have paid.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Awesome respect for you guys for undertaking this journey.Would love to see more pics.

That pic with the overloaded truck with the 800 looks like pakistan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks