Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 15:16   #1
BHPian

Singer Mika Singh suspected in a hit-n-run. Crashes Hummer.

Attached are links to the article that came in yesterday's newspapers.

Singer Mika named suspect in Versova hit-and-run case, News - City - Mumbai Mirror

Mika Singh named suspect in Versova hit-and-run case
Old 11th April 2011, 15:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Singer Mika Singh suspected in a hit-n-run. Crashes Hummer.

Pardon my ignorance but I have seen pictures of Mika's hummer on the forum and it was orange in color. This one is black. I must be wrong though. Nevertheless, the guilty whoever it is must be punished for hit and run and causing injury.

The article also says the auto was in the wrong direction.
Old 11th April 2011, 15:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Singer Mika Singh suspected in a hit-n-run. Crashes Hummer.

It wasn't Mika's hummer is what the article says, only that he was driving (allegedly) it. So his could very well be the orange one.
Old 11th April 2011, 15:59   #4
BHPian

Re: Singer Mika Singh suspected in a hit-n-run. Crashes Hummer.

Mika's hummer is in Delhi. The one which crashed belonged to the owner of Elixir Gym (Shenoi).

Was the hummer being driven so fast that it lost one wheel on impact? And was later on found abandoned quite some distance away from where the accident occurred. How did it get so far on three wheels ?
Old 11th April 2011, 16:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Pardon my ignorance but I have seen pictures of Mika's hummer on the forum and it was orange in color. This one is black. I must be wrong though. Nevertheless, the guilty whoever it is must be punished for hit and run and causing injury.

The article also says the auto was in the wrong direction.
Its not his car.
Some note from the below link:-

Mumbai Mirror - Mumbai Mirror

The car's registered in businessman Nitin Shenoi's name. Shenoi owns Elixir Gym in Oakland Park building, a small distance away from where the Hummer was abandoned.
Old 11th April 2011, 16:04   #6
BHPian

Yes Mika's hummer is in Delhi...I get to see it everyday en route to college
Old 11th April 2011, 16:07   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hummer hit the auto-rickshaw which was travelling on the wrong side of the road. Yet, it is the Hummer that is getting blamed. Mika probably ran away to escape lynching. After all, it is always the big car at fault.
Old 11th April 2011, 16:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
It wasn't Mika's hummer is what the article says, only that he was driving (allegedly) it. So his could very well be the orange one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Mika's hummer is in Delhi. The one which crashed belonged to the owner of Elixir Gym (Shenoi).
Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Its not his car.
Some note from the below link:-

Mumbai Mirror - Mumbai Mirror

The car's registered in businessman Nitin Shenoi's name. Shenoi owns Elixir Gym in Oakland Park building, a small distance away from where the Hummer was abandoned.
Haan ji sirs. But we have seen so many times that these celebs procure vehicles the twisted way and get away as it is registered in someone else's name. e.g. Sunil Shetty got into a import tax trap for his Hummer/import and it was found that it was registered to someone else. Hence I ... Ok, so now he was driving someone else's Hummer. Whos in the bigger soup ? I recon the Registered owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hummer hit the auto-rickshaw which was travelling on the wrong side of the road. Yet, it is the Hummer that is getting blamed. Mika probably ran away to escape lynching. After all, it is always the big car at fault.
Completely agree.
Old 11th April 2011, 16:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the "poor autorickshaw driver" will walk away innocent and may be he (with help of his brotherhood) will make the owner (or Mika) cough up enough money to get a fleet of rickshaws.

Also, Mika claimed "I returned from Dubai on 9th morning and walked out of the airport at around 6am to go home in my Fortuner car. I am told this accident happened at 5 am. I don't even know the owner of this Hummer in question.'' I dont think Mika would be so stupid to say something which can be verified within minutes. So shouldn't police verify this first ? Afterall Mika is also a humble being (except for something he did to one of the most decent actresses in Bollywood )
Old 11th April 2011, 17:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Just because the Hummer is a bigger vehicle, automatically it is at fault. Typical attitude. What about the auto being driven on the wrong side. Suddenly its not his fault? Maybe it was Mika maybe it was not. Usually, a celebrity would have done the same thing, run away to avoid being cornered and beaten up. Maybe the driver was under the influence of alcohol when the accident happened, who knows but the fact remains that the story says that it first hit a auto travelling on the wrong side of the road so primarily its the auto driver's fault. One does not expect a vehicle to be travelling on the opposite side.

Yes he should have stopped and taken the injured person to the hospital but thats his fault, it all started by the auto being driven on the wrong side. Thats where this begins.
Old 11th April 2011, 19:34   #11
PPS
Senior - BHPian

What would be the on-road cost of a Hummer H2 ? If i remember correctly another TV actor had crashed his Hummer with a rickshaw at Versova! Btw there was no need to make a new thread, Supercar & Import Crashes thread already exists - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-india-28.html
Old 11th April 2011, 19:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Just because the Hummer is a bigger vehicle, automatically it is at fault. Typical attitude. What about the auto being driven on the wrong side. Suddenly its not his fault? Maybe it was Mika maybe it was not. Usually, a celebrity would have done the same thing, run away to avoid being cornered and beaten up. Maybe the driver was under the influence of alcohol when the accident happened, who knows but the fact remains that the story says that it first hit a auto travelling on the wrong side of the road so primarily its the auto driver's fault. One does not expect a vehicle to be travelling on the opposite side.

Yes he should have stopped and taken the injured person to the hospital but thats his fault, it all started by the auto being driven on the wrong side. Thats where this begins.
An ideal thing to do if a celeb or anyone is stuck in such a situation and he believes that he is not wrong with respect to any legal aspect (speed, lane, drunk, vehicle papers, license, PUC, insurance, etc)

If you know that the rickshaw was in the wrong direction, you know this was not your fault. The Hummer driver could have gone gone directly to the police station and mention the sequence of events which would help police do real time analysis at the accident site with minimum tempering of evidence. This would also ensure and remove any doubt that Hummer driver was not drunk. It all about keeping things as transparent as possible which is ideal for all ideal situations.

Last edited by dipen : 11th April 2011 at 19:47. Reason: grammer corrected
Old 11th April 2011, 19:51   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

Unfortunately, the fact that it starts with the auto being driving on the wrong-side will never really be significant since it is a Hummer (= rich people involved).

If I remember correctly, whenever there were hit-and-run cases where vehicles ran over people sleeping on the pavement/road/under flyover; the fact that they were sleeping illegally is never questioned, right?

Nobody really gets to the root of the problem; I'm sure the driver was thinking of the wrath he'd have to face from the Autorikshaw Union. And, the Union would be more than happy to make this an issue and earn some quick bucks.

Not that I say Mika (or whoever drove the car) is innocent, he is not the root of the problem.
Old 11th April 2011, 20:56   #14
BHPian

AFAIK , Mika has a yellow hummer with a BIG khalsa ( sikh religion ) sticker on the rear windsheild. Pics can be seen in the last few pages of the chandigarh thread as he was spotted near the punjab cricket association stadium for the inda versus pakistan semi final world cup match .Plus it has a LOT of chrome. Chrome wipers even .
Old 17th April 2011, 17:52   #15
BHPian

Thread silent foir a few day. Nothing in the newspapers as well.
Looks like this issue has been swept under the carpet as was expected :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks