Team-BHP - Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/99775-aston-martin-showroom-mumbai.html)

The Aston Martin Showroom located at Kemps corner is small yet beautifully built. There is space for just two cars on display.

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-2.jpg

There was the V8 Vantage and the Rapide at display today.

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-1.jpg

First up, the Vantage. A beautiful sports car with a front mounted V8 heart that churns out 420 bhp of power!

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-6.jpg
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-9.jpg

The interiors are beautifully done with the highest grade of leather. You can also choose alcantara as an option.

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-4.jpg
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-5.jpg

Nice! Saw a lot of nice rides while in Mumbai in GJ, not many elsewhere though.

The RAPIDE. Hand-built 6.0-liter V12 engine producing 470 horsepower with peak power being delivered at 6,000 rpm and 600Nm of peak torque at 5,000 rpm. A specifically tuned six-speed Touchtronic 2 automatic transmission allows the driver to change gears automatically or manually via the steering column-mounted magnesium paddles.

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-3.jpg
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-8.jpg

Large brakes with 20 inch wheels. Not carbon ceramic on this one.

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-14.jpg

Doors open at a slant. Beautiful.

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-11.jpg

Typical Aston Martin interior.

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-16.jpg

The crystal glass key

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-10.jpg

...which is inserted here and the car starts.

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-19.jpg

Rear space is tight. I am 5'10 and my legs still touched the front seat. But the bucket seats give you a feeling that you are in the driver's seat itself! But this is not a car where you'd like to get chauffeur driven in :) Ingress and egress is a also tough. After sometime it also gets claustrophobic. So the rear is best suited for kids.

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-15.jpg
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-17.jpg

Very limited rear view.

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-18.jpg

The large engine bay.
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-12.jpg

And here's a video of the Rapide revving! That thing is seriously LOUD!
YouTube - Aston Martin Rapide revs hard!

And here's a final picture. Hope you guys liked it. :)
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-20.jpg

Beautiful pics of gorgeous machines. Love 'em.
Rapide is a beast albeit never understood the prudence behind the two 'claustrophobic' rear seats. As you said it is best suited for kids.

EDIT: New post was up even before i finished typing this one out..hehe

That was quick!
A new thread is up & running, even the pictures are watermarked already :)
Yup, the showroom though small in comparison to the other marques, is very well appointed & does give the feel of a "British" marque (not in a bad sense) that everyone has been talking about.

There were actually 3 cars on display, one was in an enclosed perimeter outside (forget which it was as we dint pay much attention to it) while the Rapide & the V8 Vantage were inside. We checked them both out & got a feel for what an Aston feels like & what the brand represents. A little known fact is that the Rapide actually uses a V12!

Another interesting fact that ragingbull asked & the representative confirmed is that Astons use only naturally aspirated engines, strictly no turbos & no superchargers whatsover.

Coming to the experience itself, the representative was very courteous & thorough with his knowledge on every aspect of every car as well as the operations of the brand in India. A particularly striking point is that the V8 Vantage actually gives perfect weight distribution on a full tank (The weight of the fuel is taken into consideration as well). And by perfect, it is literally 50:50 at the front & rear. While not on a full tank, its still the ideal 48:52 split that is de rigueur for the segment. The weight distribution point came to light while we were explained why the V8 Vantage & the Rapide do not come with carbon ceramics.

Thats it for now. Will post the few pictures i took, later (sorely missed having my cam at the time) but ragingbull will probably be putting up a treat for everyone later! (EDIT: Already put in the previous post. It was even more spectacular as we were in an enclosed area so the volume of that exhaust was just tremendous! Its still ringing in my ears & heading down my spine while simultaneously putting an ear to ear grin on my face :D)
P.S. - Just saw the video & it doesnt even begin to describe the sound. It doesnt do justice to what we felt standing there!!!

Also, the ONE-77 will come to the showroom in a couple of days and will be here for at least a week. :) Looking forward to that one!

Where is this showroom located?? Is it on the Altamount Rd slope near Prithvi Apts somewhere?? Its definately not on the main road or I would have surely spotted this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 2317573)
Where is this showroom located?? Is it on the Altamount Rd slope near Prithvi Apts somewhere?? Its definately not on the main road or I would have surely spotted this.

No this is at the base of the slope leading to Prithvi bluilding, just after Woodlands blding to the left. This is very much on the main road but generally due to the traffic gets overlooked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 2316921)
Also, the ONE-77 will come to the showroom in a couple of days and will be here for at least a week. :) Looking forward to that one!

I dont see any space for the One-77 in there. :Shockked:

I see that the showroom is very small. Could have made it bigger specially considering the price people pay.

@ Zohaib - 1st of all nice pictures man.
A couple of things struck me. The central console looks real neat but doesn't AM have a multimedia/infotainment system of their own on the lines of MMI/iDrive ?
Also rear view is seriously restricted so reversing might be a real issue. Am assuming there is a rear-view camera but where is the screen on which the image is displayed ?

Thanks Platzda! Aston Martins have a MMI screen that pops out of the dashboard when the car starts. Check out that 'box' above AC vents.

For those who are a bit confused as to the location of the showroom, it is the same place where the restaurant "Under the Over" used to be. Its on the junction on the left turn before where the bridge starts (opposite Vama).

Here are the pics i had promised earlier, hope youll enjoy them:
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-aston-steering.jpg
Below are the hood & side flank vents on the Rapide
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-aston-rapide-hood-vent.jpg
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-aston-rapide-side-flank-vent.jpg
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-aston-start-stop.jpg
The V8 Vantage
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-aston-v8-vantage.jpg
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-aston-v8-vantage-rims.jpg
The Rapide
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-aston-rapide.jpg
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-aston-rapide-6ltr-engine.jpg
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-aston-rapide-rims-n-brakes.jpg

Any information on the prices of these roaring beauties? It would be interesting to know! Also, pardon my ignorance, but do AMs come with diesel engines as well?

And of course, all the pictures are really a visual treat clap:.

Cheers,

To the best of my knowledge, AM makes only petrol fueled cars.

Just remembered some relevant stuff to put here.
Firstly, since the picture of the key for the Rapide isnt all that clear in the photo, here is what it actually looks like. Its beautifully crafted.
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-rapide-luxe-crystal-key-fob.jpg

And here is the startup procedure:
YouTube - Aston Martin - Power, Beauty, Soul

The super exclusive, super expensive Aston Martin ONE-77 :D

The car looked unmaintained. The rubber beading on the one of the doors was already torn. And chrome inside was looking like something from a 10yr old car. And another thing I noticed that the metal layer inside the headlamp had been melted and deformed!! (Zoom into the right headlamp in the first pic)