Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 19:07   #1
BHPian

My Ducati Factory Tour

I had the pleasure to visit the Ducati factory in Borgo Panigale, Bologna (on via caveleri ducati) when I went to watch the F1 race in Monza in 2003. My dream was to take a sneak peak at their MotoGP lab but it was gaurded like Fort Knox. There were around 6 of us from all over the world taking the tour. 03 ushered the 999 era which almost put the company out of business. The factory itself is more like an assembly facility with parts coming from everwhere. A Chiron CNC machine that has not been used in ages sits at the heart of the facility. Was not particularly thrilled with the tour of the factory itself - parts coming from brembo, marchesini, verlicchi, pierbon, magneti marelli that cover frame, wheels, brakes and ECU. Engine casings from an external vendor etc. But the one off machines built for racing in world superbikes and AMA superbikes is very interesting. They are hand built and have exclusive pieces in them. Could not see Claudio, Filipo..or anyone famous engineer I could recognize..

I reveled at iconic machines (in their museo) ridden by (in)famous riders like Luchinelli, Foggy, Bayliss, Chili, Roche, Polen and Falappa. I do not include Hodgson and Xaus on that list since neither of them is in the same league. They had a big poster of Ben Bostrom.

The parking lot was very intersting - all models of Ducs ridden by employees..

Now for some pictures..
Attached Thumbnails
My Ducati Factory Tour-ducfactory.jpg  

My Ducati Factory Tour-board.jpg  

My Ducati Factory Tour-dsc00190.jpg  

My Ducati Factory Tour-ducfac.jpg  

My Ducati Factory Tour-dsc00217.jpg  

My Ducati Factory Tour-dsc00230.jpg  

My Ducati Factory Tour-dsc00232.jpg  

My Ducati Factory Tour-dsc00240.jpg  

Old 18th May 2011, 20:00   #2
BHPian

Re: My Ducati Factory Tour

@ksanjee, man you do get around ! thats a superb experience.. did you interact with any employees, such as engineers involved in the build process and the management?
Would love to hear what their experiences and level of expertise are

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks