Team-BHP - Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/102530-kawasaki-ninja-650r-test-ride-review-3.html)

Fantastic review there guys! This 600 cc "legally affordable" segment has kicked off with a bang! Bring it on :)

The rear suspension has an aftermarket feel to it for me. It somehow does not feel solid enough. So is the frame. But riding a 650 would be an amazing experience.

Awesome review! Rated 5*
Biking scene is finally picking up in India, Ninja250, Hyosungs, Harleys, baby ceebr, now this!:Cheering:

Congrats for the first two wheeler review on Team Bhp.

As usual the standards are up there. As expected from the 650R is good, but the shocking part is the pricing. Can we expect a price cut on the 250R.

ABS as on option would have bettered the offerings.

By the way, whats the top speed claimed by the company, and how much did the test riders achieve?

awesome review BBlost! 5* voted.
I wish other manufacturers too come in with their conunterparts

Fantastic review there bblost! Few queries from my side.

- Is the price confirmed and bike launched? Haven't read a report anywhere.
- What is the range on tank full of petrol? I guess it will be positioned as more of a tourer than a all out track machine.
- What is Bajaj targetting in terms of sales numbers?
- Any news on the 250 getting cheaper?:D

The Motorbeam website has it -

4.57L (Ex Showroom Delhi) and more importantly
4.62 (OTR - Mumbai)

So as the bike is assembled in the Maharashtra, saving the customer logistics costs, 650R is cheaper in Mumbai :uncontrol

Wow, rated 5*. How much is it going to cost in Namma Bengaluru?

Torquedo - impossible pricing for Mumbai. 4.62 has to be ex-showroom because of the higher taxes. Add Octroi to the mix and Mumbai will be right behind Bangalore in the OTR price department. This bike is 5L+ OTR...I highly doubt the claim of 4.62L for OTR Mumbai!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 (Post 2383440)
Wow, rated 5*. How much is it going to cost in Namma Bengaluru?

Namma 650R should cost 5.1 -5.2 here (BTW Only GREEN color though).

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 2383311)
OT:
I am just feeling , if 650 R can be had for 5 lakhs , then zx10R should be for 8lakhs ? .Bajaj is definitely on roll .

I hope like khan said others players will start to scratch their heads to match this price tag .

bblost ,can you confirm ,they say only GREEN is available ? .Not every one likes green .

No word from Bajaj on the color options. I am hoping their website gets updated soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 2383316)
Hi All,
Bike does sound interesting with the killer price. Pretty sure Hyosung will face a tough ask.
@ bblost: any idea when they will be on display across Bajaj Probiking showrooms? Also what was the suspension preset to? Soft, Hard/Inbetween

I found the suspension a little hard at slow speeds. But its easy to adjust and the tools needed are part of the toolkit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 2383329)
Amazing review BBLost!! All points well covered and very comprehensive. Looks like it will be a good buy for touring with better half.

What was the range on a tankful that you got? Coz the distance that can be covered on a single tankful matters when touring and exploring unknown locations.

PS: Thanks to TBHP for coming up with the official motorcycle review and in a smashing way at that too with the Ninja 650R :)

We filled around 7 L after 120 kms. With the 15.5 Liter tank. That is a 260km range. But since you don't want to run dry, its an effective 200 km range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by architect (Post 2383330)
Superb Review, rated 5 stars.

As already stated, probably for the first time we have a tourer with some level of after sales support and with a comfortable riding position for riders with average height.

Clearly targeted at those moving up from the Ninja 250 (or even the Pulsar 220 or Karizma) category.

What was the fuel tank capacity? Expecting a sub-20 kpl FE, a fuel tank of atleast 17-18 litres would make sense.

15.5 liters. I agree a large tank would have been a very good thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2383349)
But a pair of finger cut gloves meant ideally for cyclists/gymmers. What a complete fail in an otherwise awesome review. We should've gotten more action shots given the civic was in close attendance :)

Other minor things:
a. No immobilizer key with a bike this expensive? (donno about other SBKs - just wondering)
b. Lovely touch on the lever adjusters or luggage hooks
c. Does it specifically use regular petrol? What is the spec?
d. Lovely finish
e. The Hyosung 650R created the segment. Ninja just wnet in and demolished it - but its not an innovator in that sense.
f. What height person is it good for? Like a TBird is awesome for the taller folks, while an RTR may be more suited for shorter folk.

My Bad but I don't like them full cover gloves. :)
It drinks Unleaded petrol / RON 91
I am a little under 5 feet 10 inches. I was as comfortable on this bike as I am on my thunderbird.
Manson who is around 5 feet 8 inches also found it quite comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 2383414)
Fantastic review there bblost! Few queries from my side.

- Is the price confirmed and bike launched? Haven't read a report anywhere.
- What is the range on tank full of petrol? I guess it will be positioned as more of a tourer than a all out track machine.
- What is Bajaj targetting in terms of sales numbers?
- Any news on the 250 getting cheaper?:D

Price is confirmed for ex showroom Delhi.
Range, please scroll up for the answer. :)
Its a brand new segment and I am sure Bajaj with its aggressive pricing is looking at good numbers.
No idea if the 250 will get cheaper.

Awsome review,of an amazing bike.
And it was very quick indeed:thumbs up
Any idea,as to at what RPM in 6th gear equates to 100-150km\hr?

A great beginning to the two wheeler official review section. I cannot think of a better candidate than Ninja 650R to kick start the SBK revolution in India.

They have done one hell of a job with the pricing. Post the launch of Hyo(sunk) 650 and its price, I felt the Bajaj will price this Ninja higher than the other 650 (in India). Going by their pricing of Baby Ninja, high price would have been very much on cards at a conference room in Chakan. Kudos on the great job Bajaj and Kawasaki guys.

As rightly put by KhanSultan "Others will now have to bet this price or up the game". But till they come, cash register will be ringing for 'Kawasaki Bajaj' (just for old times sake :) )

Edit, came up with a PJ: Now that Kwaker is all set to drown Hyosung in India. Garware better start selling Hardwar(e)!

bblost - thanks for the review. A great touring package.

A few questions -

How is the power delivery? linear? Am told the mid-range is awesome.
At what RPM does the bike redline? Not really something to look forward to in a touring bike, but just curious
Is the bike detuned for India? If yes, do we have torque/power maps for Indian version?

Am surprised the bike does not have an immobilizer. Does Ninja 250 has one?

Edit - Finally justice done to the Motorbikes section ;-)

Very nice review. The pricing is just right and hope that they would further reduce the price of Ninja 250. Also, the bike really needs more body fairing. 5*s to the thread.