Team-BHP - Trikes - Three Wheeled Bikes
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Trikes - Three Wheeled Bikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/102766-trikes-three-wheeled-bikes.html)

Hi All,

I love riding bikes, but my wife hates the idea of me on a bike, she feels they are unsafe, I have been wanting to buy a Enfield Bullet for a long time, however never materialised.

In the last couple of days, have been doing a lot of search on the internet on Trike's, unfortunately there are none available in India, so the idea of making a Trike is cooking up my head, I know it'll take a lot of time and effort and I don't know weather I have the time or the finances to try something like this.

Would like to know if there are others out there with similar ideas or is there anyone out there on Team BHP who owns a Trike.

Below are some pictures of Trikes

Aah ! finally someone with similar tastes , am sure a lot other would pop up eventually and I think our very own Sudarshan sir from pune should be able to give us a rough idea of the damages involved in something like this .

I personally like the one with 2 wheels in the front , looks majestic but I guess the two wheels in the front would be a very expensive affair .

Well , musicman , you resonate my feelings buddy . I would someday love to build or own something like this . HOw feasible would something like this be ?

You should check out Can Am spyder. Looks good and comes with 2 wheels on the front.

I have also been interested in trikes, but dont have the technical/financial/time resources for building one. However, the first trike I saw many years back was a VW beetle engined one & I fell in love with it.
BTW, for those that want to take it up as a project, if you are able to find a front side totalled old VW beetle car, the air-cooled engine and rear suspension parts can be used for a trike. Take a look at this site:

Big Yella. Home built VW Trike and Plans

Just one QUESTION even if you could make one, would they be street legal?

Raab Rakha.

Quote:

... for those that want to take it up as a project, if you are able to find a front side totalled old VW beetle car, the air-cooled engine and rear suspension parts can be used for a trike. ..
Rather pick up a rear engine bajaj rickshaw:D, strip its body and mount a scooter (like) body instead. Better yet the old model with front engine & enclosed chain drives to rear wheels can make a superb trike and might handle better too.
How road legal are those scooters with two extra side wheels used by the disabled?

Our very own enfield trike'd, in Goa!clap:
Trikes - Three Wheeled Bikes-evolutionchopperstrike3.jpg goaonwheels
Its a good enough straight conversion. Looks clean & simple, way better that most chopper craps seen around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rennjit (Post 2388904)
Rather pick up a rear engine bajaj rickshaw:D, strip its body and mount a scooter (like) body instead. Better yet the old model with front engine & enclosed chain drives to rear wheels can make a superb trike and might handle better too.
How road legal are those scooters with two extra side wheels used by the disabled?

This will sell big time, hopefully Mr Rajiv Bajaj gets this thought clap:
Sounds like a plan, throw in some nitrox and this baby should bark and bite.

Bajaj makes them in the 10000s !!! Its called ....... Auto Rickshaw. Im sure ur wife will be reassured that ur travelling in one :P

Those are some sweet trikes.

2TJunkie - you got your numbers wrong.. but nicely timed one.

A good trike project is certainly missing in India. The RE Trike seems like an average job.

I found this on RE Fan page. Not much info available.

Trikes - Three Wheeled Bikes-286621_2182911339808_1457725010_32432902_7391140_o.jpg

Not sure if the Nitrous setup is real.

Trikes - Three Wheeled Bikes-289841_2192932190323_1457725010_32445794_8128171_o.jpg

This one is in Goa . Posted earlier , but a larger pic.

Trikes - Three Wheeled Bikes-286479_209349855780591_100001167352677_516162_6640468_o.jpg

Trikes - Three Wheeled Bikes-286307_209349495780627_100001167352677_516161_8119157_o.jpg

MP

hi ,

i am also interested in a royal enfield based trike . are trike kits for a bullet available. i would also like members opinion / reviews about side cars for bullet. i have a bullet 350 classic for which i want to fit a side car.

inder and cozy make sidecars are available but i am unable to get reviews of customers in india. all reviews available on the net are from US and elsewhere globally. i want a review based on indian conditions.

I was wondering if anyone here is interested in recumbent trikes. These are tri-cycles with two wheels in the front and one wheel at the back, the steering (handle-bars) are by the sides of your bum and you basically lay down on the seat with your feet up ahead in front of you on the pedals.

And you are seated about three to five inches above the ground. Imagine a go-kart with three wheels that you have to pedal.

These are fast, and a blast to drive. They are very nimble and agile to handle.

I have one. The make is "Catrike" and the model is "Speed". Just go to Youtube and search for "Catrike Speed". That's what I have. Mine's a bright Orange.

Of course these might be practically impossible to ride on any public road in India, but I am sure there might be some areas where the streets might be relatively safe enough to ride these?

Cheers

Something like this, perhaps, is what I understand when I hear Trike?
http://www.bosshoss.com/view_bike.asp?x=BHC9Coupe
I dig the Boss Hoss range ever since I rode one a few years back in New Hampshire.