Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 16:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

The sexy Honda Fury

Affordable chopper! Never knew this existed.

IN PICS: The supersexy Honda Fury! - Rediff Getahead

1312 cc monster engine, 52 degree V-twin engine supported by single-pin crankshaft, programmed fuel injection, custom cast wheels, dual balancers generating power of 57 bhp at 4300 rpm and a maximum torque of 71.32 lb-ft at 3100 rpm
Attached Thumbnails
The sexy Honda Fury-honda_fury_2010_36_1024x768.jpg  

The sexy Honda Fury-2010hondafury14.jpg  

The sexy Honda Fury-2011hondafury.jpg  

Old 21st December 2011, 17:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: The sexy Honda Fury

If I want a bike like this, why would I be even looking at Honda?
Old 21st December 2011, 17:02   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
It sure looks great. Not sure how you will be received by a group of HOG's if you pull up on a Honda (chopper)!

Is it coming to India?
Old 21st December 2011, 17:50   #4
BANNED

Quote:
JK -

Affordable ??

It is slated for a launch price of USD 13,000.

With an import duty of close to 100+%, it'll cost a whopping 13L.

Moreover, a chopper from Honda, phuleez ....

Cheers.
Old 21st December 2011, 18:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Fury exists for quite a while now, but trust me, this is not the bike you wanna show up at your local chopper club with, unless you wanna be called "Sum Ting Wong"
Old 21st December 2011, 18:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

It is sexy, but it is a Honda and these two things do not match in the chopper world. It is a wannabe cheap imitation, there is effort but no heart.
Old 21st December 2011, 18:36   #7
BHPian

This bike has been in USA for past few years after its launch...
Hard to see by riders picking this stuff...
So stay awaaaaaaaaaaaaay...
Only time this bike came to my use was...I purchased their headlamp & put it on my HD
Old 21st December 2011, 19:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Honda and chopper? These two words do not go hand in hand. I second views expressed by all. Even Honda appears not too sure about it. I coudn't spot any Honda logo (wing) or lettering anywhere. I think Japanese should leave chopper business to Yanks --Harleys and Indians and focus more on inline-4 screamers.
Old 21st December 2011, 20:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Fury was launched quite sometime back, atleast 2-3 years ago, if I recall correctly; they deliberately made it a single pin crankshaft, yet they have balancer that doesn't "potato" like HD. Probably a smooth HD.
Old 22nd December 2011, 08:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
JK -

Affordable ??

It is slated for a launch price of USD 13,000.

With an import duty of close to 100+%, it'll cost a whopping 13L.

Moreover, a chopper from Honda, phuleez ....

Cheers.
Compared to custom choppers and easier to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Fury exists for quite a while now, but trust me, this is not the bike you wanna show up at your local chopper club with, unless you wanna be called "Sum Ting Wong"
Show me a chopper club first! Wanna see someone who would comment so if one pulls in a 13lac bike!
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:33   #11
BHPian

There was a time when japanese cars were looked down upon. They were said to be held together by glues and threads. German cars were rated the best, followed by American.But seems the glues and threads didnt fall apart unlike some of their long established rivals. Now the japanese are fighting for the top spot leaving the americans long behind.

So lets give them some time. Japanese, as usual, think with their brains and come out with heartless creations that never strongly tug on your heart. But they usually seem to work out.

As for me, would i buy a Honda chopper? Not today, but come tomorrow, who knows?
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
There was a time when japanese cars were looked down upon. They were said to be held together by glues and threads. German cars were rated the best, followed by American.But seems the glues and threads didnt fall apart unlike some of their long established rivals. Now the japanese are fighting for the top spot leaving the americans long behind.

So lets give them some time. Japanese, as usual, think with their brains and come out with heartless creations that never strongly tug on your heart. But they usually seem to work out.

As for me, would i buy a Honda chopper? Not today, but come tomorrow, who knows?
The only chopper that is available in India are by Custom Motorcycles & Bikes, Customized Choppers by Vardenchi, India . Bike plus 4~5lac IRC. Cost? 20-33k $ up!

I doubt who reliable American choppers would be coz they even play with engine and seriously doubt about their practicality.
Old 22nd December 2011, 20:06   #13
BHPian

I think that its a nice looking bike and i dont know why is this getting so much heat on its japanese origin! I think those days are behind us when a particular company or nation used to have a monopoly over any particular genre of bike(s), hd used to rule the cruiser market but look at all the intruders, vulcans and v max, those are good bikes, reliable bikes, the topic is quite debatable however i think that its high time that japanese, koreans etc took a plunge into the chopper market, i would love to ride a good chopper, irrespective of its origin, i prefer germans stables over japs when it comes to cars but with time my perspective about things have changed, let these giants come in and then watch the pricing of these babies, i would prefer to ride a fury or like rather than not riding a chopper at all! frankly i dont see anything wrong with it.
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Show me a chopper club first! Wanna see someone who would comment so if one pulls in a 13lac bike!
That's cos that cult has not yet caught on in the country.

Wait till some proper V-Twin choppers make it to our country or at least show up in a movie, and set the ball rolling for all those clubs to pop up.

But the biggest let down, for me at least, is the noise, for 13 lac, these Jap cruisers wont even make a decent noise, ever heard a Rune, Volusia or Boulevard in person? Its just like imagining the whole chopper'ish backdrops, the tattoos, the bulgarian, the chrome, the highways, and then someone presses on the mute button!

It's all down to the Jap reliability, but, I'd still have a HD
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

I really find it funny reading all the comments here. Instead of acknowledging the fact that this would be one of the few choppers that don't see a garage every 3rd day everybody wants to talk about image. haha. What days have come.

Looks like even the biker spirit has been divided by these american and jap stereotypes.

JK this is a superb bike. Infact a great alternative to the harleys. As it is a proper custom chopper based on an american bike sets one back by atleast 50-60K $.

plus honda reliability.

Oh yes one more point guys. You don't need to have a group made of similar bikes to enjoy a ride. A ride is about "biking" as a passion. Not "americanization" or "japification".
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks