Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2012, 10:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Custom Harley Bobber by Dtunerz

Thanks guys for all the comments and inputs. It took quite an effort to get here.but now I feel I can help out the people who are planning as I have learnt a lot in the process.i had to spend a lot of time in getting it done the way I wanted,i have got some good support from banjara harley guys without them i wouldn't be able to pull of such a thing.i am happy that it turned out really good...thank you guys.
Old 26th February 2012, 12:17   #17
BHPian

Feels great to see the bobber on Team-Bhp. Bike looks more brutal in the flesh..Congrats D!
Old 26th February 2012, 16:34   #18
BHPian

Awesome looking sportster! Great job indeed. I am looking to change the seat on my 48 to a springer. Which one are you using? From the pics it looks like the HD seat. I am considering that and the Rich Philips.

How practical is it to ride without a fender up front? Any issues faced so far?

Your comments will help me out to plan the future mods on my bike.
Old 26th February 2012, 20:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avneeshj View Post
Awesome looking sportster! Great job indeed. I am looking to change the seat on my 48 to a springer. Which one are you using? From the pics it looks like the HD seat. I am considering that and the Rich Philips.

How practical is it to ride without a fender up front? Any issues faced so far?

Your comments will help me out to plan the future mods on my bike.

Yes I m using the Harley spring seat.with the fender off ,it's not that bad you will need to watch out for water or wet patches.if you ride slow over water it should be fine,else it will spill up.
Old 27th February 2012, 01:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakrz

Yes I m using the Harley spring seat.with the fender off ,it's not that bad you will need to watch out for water or wet patches.if you ride slow over water it should be fine,else it will spill up.
Oh ok. Thanks for the info. I've decided more or less on the Rich Philips seat. I felt the Harley seat was too slippery under hard acceleration. Would you care to comment on that? I'm a big guy and slipping backwards was a little unnerving to be honest. I'm looking to order in the next couple days.
Old 18th March 2012, 14:03   #21
BHPian

Here is new video of my bike...!

Old 17th January 2013, 22:50   #22
nvk

Hi freakrz,

thats a really cool bike and its great to see this kind of stuff happening in India. I wanted to ask you, does HD India void your warranty for exhaust mods? Do you get your bike serviced from HD or local shops?

Thanks in advance!

Mods... sorry for bumping an old thread!
Old 18th September 2013, 17:51   #23
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply,if you care about the warranty issued by HoG India,you cannot do any mods outside the Harley workshop.only parts installed by the showroom people are valid and rest are out of warranty.so its just your personal risk.but trust me outside india,people install aftermarket stuff like exhausts,air filters etc and they work just fine.it just depends on the people who install stuff on the bike.you need to make sure they know what they are doing.

In USA you also have an option for the showroom people to install different types of exhausts aprat from screaming eagles and have a valid warranty.I dont see that coming to india in the near future.they are busy selling their own stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvk View Post
Hi freakrz,

thats a really cool bike and its great to see this kind of stuff happening in India. I wanted to ask you, does HD India void your warranty for exhaust mods? Do you get your bike serviced from HD or local shops?

Thanks in advance!

Mods... sorry for bumping an old thread!
freakrz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 17:53   #24
BHPian

Here is a more recent video of my bobber.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks