Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 21:33   #16
BHPian

re: SBK tales - Picking an SBK, Biker style! The Yamaha FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
In one of your posts above, you have said that it can do 140 in the 1st gear if red-lined Is that right? or is it a typo ?

-Bhargav
It is true. Most liter class bikes can do that.
Old 17th July 2013, 02:49   #17
BHPian

Don't know if it was the posting I had done on Team-BHP for this bike that you got details or from any other source but hearty congratulations to you on the purchase !!

I have had the pleasure to ride along side captain and his FZ1 and I know the way he pampered his bike, He has picked all the best possible after market parts for his ride and I am sure you are enjoying them right now...

Ride safe and don't forget AGAT
Old 17th July 2013, 03:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
Don't know if it was the posting I had done on Team-BHP for this bike that you got details or from any other source but hearty congratulations to you on the purchase !!

I have had the pleasure to ride along side captain and his FZ1 and I know the way he pampered his bike, He has picked all the best possible after market parts for his ride and I am sure you are enjoying them right now...

Ride safe and don't forget AGAT
Thank you viraj. I got the details from gsferrari through the ninja 650 owners group. Captain did maintain the bike very well. I've ridden ridden SBKs with 5-8 thousand kms on the odo which felt like 50-60k done bikes. These bikes were mostly grey market bikes bought by rich kids to go to coffee shops and flaunt. All they do is depress the clutch and rev the bike to grab some attention. All show no go types. Captain's bike on the other hand had 17,000 kms on the odo and felt almost like a new bike. No Knocking, no rattles, no wobble and nothing fishy. It was all clean.

My first ride on his bike was a 1.5 kms ride. It's a short one, but good enough to close the deal. Being a pilot, he must have maintained all the checks on time like he does for the flight before takingoff

ATGATT - Check.
Old 17th July 2013, 09:28   #19
BANNED

Someone asked why 4cylinder 600cc aren't the norm yet in India. Apart from intimidating Custom duties, you ought to consider riding perspective too.
I owned one (CBR 600rr) for 2years in Dubai, so from a riders perspective , (just my opinion, without offense to anyone) if one thinks this is a regular office-errand-home commute bike then gravely mistaken. The usage of these is totally for a different purpose. Tracks are the rightful place for these machines provided your desire is to learn(practice) CORNERING, and follow your passions(track events). Else, on our regular India roads they are simply a hazard and not worth the money. I have seen the track near chennai, safety standards are very poor. Don't know about the Buddh circuit.
Old 17th July 2013, 23:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Thank you viraj. I got the details from gsferrari through the ninja 650 owners group. Captain did maintain the bike very well. I've ridden ridden SBKs with 5-8 thousand kms on the odo which felt like 50-60k done bikes. These bikes were mostly grey market bikes bought by rich kids to go to coffee shops and flaunt. All they do is depress the clutch and rev the bike to grab some attention. All show no go types. Captain's bike on the other hand had 17,000 kms on the odo and felt almost like a new bike. No Knocking, no rattles, no wobble and nothing fishy. It was all clean.

My first ride on his bike was a 1.5 kms ride. It's a short one, but good enough to close the deal. Being a pilot, he must have maintained all the checks on time like he does for the flight before takingoff

ATGATT - Check.
Ohh you got details from Guru Sir... btw did you got chance to see captain new ride in flesh by any chance???
Old 18th July 2013, 00:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
Ohh you got details from Guru Sir... btw did you got chance to see captain new ride in flesh by any chance???
Naah Viraj. He invited us to come along with him as pune was enroute to hyderabad. The following morning he was wanted us to drive along wiht him to pune to pick the bike but we were planning to leave mumbai in the early hours of the day. We took a detour to lonavala to see some landscapes and we lost some time there. Called captain once we reached pune to check if he picked the bike. Captain informed that the showroom is not open yet. Did not want to loose time again so we decided to leave. Maybe during my next visit to mumbai I would drop by to see his new ride.
Old 18th July 2013, 09:25   #22
BHPian

This was the result of riding the bike in rain for 750 kms
Name:  image1048358700.png
Views: 2350
Size:  875.3 KB
kingofmyworld is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 14:41   #23
BHPian

Hey kingofmyworld, hearty Congratulations to you and your friend to get this beast of a bike.

Get it detailed from 3M or so, the bike will be back to gloring shine as it was right out of the showroom.

Also can you list down what all has been done to the bike in terms of after mods and any additional freebies you got as a part of the deal, hope you dont mind me asking this.

Any ofcourse Ride Hard, Ride Safe, Enjoy the power.
Old 18th July 2013, 18:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Hey kingofmyworld, hearty Congratulations to you and your friend to get this beast of a bike.

Get it detailed from 3M or so, the bike will be back to gloring shine as it was right out of the showroom.

Also can you list down what all has been done to the bike in terms of after mods and any additional freebies you got as a part of the deal, hope you dont mind me asking this.

Any ofcourse Ride Hard, Ride Safe, Enjoy the power.
Thank you :-)

The bike was detailed last weekend and it looks new now. Took extra care to make sure the detail is bang on ;-)

The list of mods and DIY info would be on a detailed ownership thread thats going to come up soon.
Old 19th July 2013, 22:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: SBK tales - Picking an SBK, Biker style! The Yamaha FZ1

Captain Rohit has now bought a limited edition yellow 2013 hayabusa.
straight6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 08:31   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
In one of your posts above, you have said that it can do 140 in the 1st gear if red-lined Is that right? or is it a typo ?
-Bhargav
This is a street bike. Super Bikes do a bit more than that. Last I recall, a ZX-10R in '05 or '06 guise could do 172kmph in 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
This was the result of riding the bike in rain for 750 kms
Attachment 1112627

Congrats

Could you please post more (monsoon) pics like the ones quoted?
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 20:57   #27
BHPian

Congratulations, your Bike looks great, its good to see and hear about true riders who care about Riding.
By the way what exhaust is that?
Can we have some video clips of you riding and the exhaust note.
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mate, FZ-1 is a good choice in the liter class and needless to say one of the most practical bike you can ever buy legally in India. Keep rolling and ensure you keep the rubber side down.

Cheers!!!
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Captain Rohit has now bought a limited edition yellow 2013 hayabusa.
Yup. Saw it. He says he still loves the FZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This is a street bike. Super Bikes do a bit more than that. Last I recall, a ZX-10R in '05 or '06 guise could do 172kmph in 1st

172! Wow! Din't see that happening. haha.

Congrats

Could you please post more (monsoon) pics like the ones quoted?
Thank you sheel. More monsoon pics coming soon. Maybe after we take the bike for a spin. We planned for a spin last weekend but I had to go on a different ride. Maybe the coming weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
Congratulations, your Bike looks great, its good to see and hear about true riders who care about Riding.
By the way what exhaust is that?
Can we have some video clips of you riding and the exhaust note.
Videos will be up soon. Need some cutting for obvious reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congratulations mate, FZ-1 is a good choice in the liter class and needless to say one of the most practical bike you can ever buy legally in India. Keep rolling and ensure you keep the rubber side down.

Cheers!!!
Thanks ku69rd. Rubber side down. Always!
kingofmyworld is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 13:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Are you sure about that? I doubt if any bike can do 172 kmph in first gear!! That way, considering the gearing the top speed of the bike will be way beyond realistic limits. But if thats true, these are some kickass machines!

Have never done above 50 in first gear (Karizma) on a downslope
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks