Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2006, 18:05   #1
BHPian

sport bike prices

well i wanted to know how much would a brand new 1000cc bike cost.....
maybe a honda or a duke or a kwacker cost if it is fully legal and all duty paid....
this is for people like rtech n gang to answer...
im talking about a clean clean bike,,,,,not our normal type ones....u know about them...
i created this thread for a reason ,,please honest replies
Old 8th June 2006, 18:15   #2
Team-BHP Support

i had been quoted 9 lakhs for a clean r6 with full papers, and if i recall properly 11.5 for a r1.
but isn't it illgal to import brand new bikes, so how does it become 100% legal even after the huge amount of duty?

manson.
Old 9th June 2006, 10:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
this is for people like rtech n gang to answer...
Sorry bro, I try not to give any prices simply because the Indian grey market for bikes has not real logic! You know exactly what I'm talking about! But, I have heard figures of them going for about 8-9 lakhs depending on where its registered.

Manson, its not illegal to import a new bike. Infact, a new bike incurs a lower duty than a used one if I'm not mistaken.
Old 9th June 2006, 11:02   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Manson, its not illegal to import a new bike. Infact, a new bike incurs a lower duty than a used one if I'm not mistaken.
even i thought the same till recently i was told that new bikes are illegal to import. will figure it out when i import my Rune in a few months.

manson.
Old 9th June 2006, 11:08   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
even i thought the same till recently i was told that new bikes are illegal to import. will figure it out when i import my Rune in a few months.

manson.
woaah dude..
i hope ur not hinting at something regarding our conversation the other day.....
actually if u are....good for me

cheers
allan
Old 9th June 2006, 11:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
even i thought the same till recently i was told that new bikes are illegal to import
Who on earth told you that??!!?? Obs someone who doesn't know much about the import scene!
Old 9th June 2006, 12:13   #7
BANNED

if am not wrong new bikes can b imported n its duty is 125%.... but if the bike is registered under ur name n its used for atleast 6 months abroad then it will b 25% only.... correct me if am wrong...
Old 9th June 2006, 12:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chullan_no1
if am not wrong new bikes can b imported n its duty is 125%.... but if the bike is registered under ur name n its used for atleast 6 months abroad then it will b 25% only.... correct me if am wrong...
I thought it was 110%, not 125%. rest I am not sure.
Old 9th June 2006, 17:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
I thought it was 110%, not 125%. rest I am not sure.
ur right on this.....
thats the reason new bikes are preffered nowadays to be imported...
u have to pay less duty on brand new bikes then u have to on used ones//
but still its not very accurate..it all depends on the custom dudes frame of mind a that moment..

its in the 120 % range....

and yup mansom ...new bikes are allowed to be imported..
thats one reson ive started the thread cause of the confusion in the boulevard thread about not being able to import new bikes.......

so what a brand new 1000 rr cost about 49000 dhs....( not very sure..correct me if im wrong)
if i pay full duty..thats roughly another 6 lakh rupees.....
why cant these bikes be sold at 12 lakhs....

cause rtech ur quoye of 9 lakhs is for the bikes which are not full duty paid....

( correct me if im wrong anywhere)
Old 9th June 2006, 17:31   #10
Team-BHP Support

Like I said, I'd rather not speculate prices coz its a crazy world we live in. There are enough people out there willing to pay all sorts of crazy figures. To me, when I look at a bike, I place a value on it, which, IMO, is what it would be worth. If it doesn't correspond to what the guy is asking, to bad for me. Not my thing to say that he's asking too much and all that stuff.

About the price of new bikes, I think there is a way to buy a bike abroad without having to pay any local taxes if you state that it is for export. That saves quite a bundle, depending on the country you are buying it from.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks