Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 11:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki ZX10R & ZX14R : Launch Report and Pics

A friend of mine called the dealership in Pune yesterday and was informed of 6 ZX10's being there and all were sold out, the next batch would arrive in December. He did not ask about the zx14 as he is not interested in it. Any one have an idea of how many ZX14's have come and how many have been sold till now.
Old 6th September 2013, 18:11   #17
BHPian

Welcome move by Kawasaki, expanding their fleet of SBKs in India. But I am not very impressed with the pricing of 14r. Its steep and am really not a fan of 14r. I would prefer the busa any day instead of 14r.

Zx10r is just awesome. Love the looks of zx10r. In reality, zx6r is more than enough for India IMO.
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 14:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Welcome move by Kawasaki, expanding their fleet of SBKs in India. But I am not very impressed with the pricing of 14r. Its steep and am really not a fan of 14r. I would prefer the busa any day instead of 14r.

Zx10r is just awesome. Love the looks of zx10r. In reality, zx6r is more than enough for India IMO.
Not in reality. Just according to you. Most people find Pulsar 180 enough for India. But that has not stopped biggies from launching big bikes. And thank God. Personally I like only Busa and 14R. Nothing else below these two. Owned its little bro ZX12R and oh Lord, what acceleration and what sound. I say everyone should own one of these hyper bikes at least once in their life time. I lived mine.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 19:50   #19
BHPian

Me too, i am a fan of Busa over 14r. And would personally love to own zx-6r purely for its looks and more than sufficient capabilities as far as our country goes (having personally owned and ridden cbr 1100xx in Europe). The stretch of roads (specially highways) in Europe, USA, Australia are in different league, the car driver's more adaptive and used to speeding bikers on roads and better highway laws which everyone abide by.

Mostly for me it was no speed breakers/pot holes/sudden jumping people/ animals/lubricants/cow dung/ banana skin on the road that inspired high speed fun on these, else what is the use of a zx14r or even a zx10r if you have your heart in your mouth while even driving on sane speeds.

Heart in Indian enthusiasts will accept these bikes any day and that's why they will continue to buy and live with them but brain is always scared of the unexpected (in our conditions).

Last edited by gaurav_diavolo : 7th September 2013 at 20:07.
gaurav_diavolo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 20:07   #20
BHPian

Old 8th September 2013, 11:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Not in reality. Just according to you. Most people find Pulsar 180 enough for India. Owned its little bro ZX12R and oh Lord, what acceleration and what sound. I say everyone should own one of these hyper bikes at least once in their life time. I lived mine.
I am afraid I can't agree to that. I had P220 for a small period of time and I loved it for its acceleration but that was never enough.

And about owning SBK's ,Hell yeah! That is the plan !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
Me too, i am a fan of Busa over 14r. And would personally love to own zx-6r purely for its looks and more than sufficient capabilities as far as our country goes (having personally owned and ridden cbr 1100xx in Europe). The stretch of roads (specially highways) in Europe, USA, Australia are in different league, the car driver's more adaptive and used to speeding bikers on roads and better highway laws which everyone abide by.

Mostly for me it was no speed breakers/pot holes/sudden jumping people/ animals/lubricants/cow dung/ banana skin on the road that inspired high speed fun on these, else what is the use of a zx14r or even a zx10r if you have your heart in your mouth while even driving on sane speeds.

Heart in Indian enthusiasts will accept these bikes any day and that's why they will continue to buy and live with them but brain is always scared of the unexpected (in our conditions).
Most of the SBK owners themselves know that they can rarely exploit their bike to fullest in our country. But its all about the looks and the attention one gets along with the ride quality and refinement.

+1 for your last paragraph.

Last edited by voyageur : 8th September 2013 at 11:05.
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 11:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

I read on another forum the bikes are going to start being delivered from the 18th of this month. The first zx10 and zx14 will be handed over to the new owners on this day. I just cant wait to see them on the roads.
Old 13th September 2013, 00:31   #23
BHPian

The first 2 ZX-14s have been bought by 2 members of COPS (Club of Pune's Superbikers). My ex group. I now belong to the club of 'married men' . 3-4 members have more than 1 Superbike while 1 bloke has around 6-7 & has just added the above mentioned ZX-14.
coolrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 11:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

The first bikes were delivered to the lucky customers a couple of days ago. I did see the pics on a private album but cannot post those pictures here.
Old 8th October 2013, 13:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The first bikes were delivered to the lucky customers a couple of days ago. I did see the pics on a private album but cannot post those pictures here.
Last week, I saw a ZX6R with the exact same tail lights as in the launch pics in Blore near the Volvo dealership at Race Course road. Was driving so couldn't take any pics. But it did sound lovely. Might have had aftermarket pipes but can't say for sure since i could only catch a glimpse of it.

The Kawasaki dealership is eagerly awaited here down south, as these bikes sell in good numbers in Chennai, Kerala and Bangalore.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th October 2013 at 13:41.
Old 8th October 2013, 14:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Last week, I saw a ZX6R with the exact same tail lights as in the launch pics in Blore near the Volvo dealership at Race Course road. Was driving so couldn't take any pics. But it did sound lovely. Might have had aftermarket pipes but can't say for sure since i could only catch a glimpse of it.

The Kawasaki dealership is eagerly awaited here down south, as these bikes sell in good numbers in Chennai, Kerala and Bangalore.
What you say was the new zx636. The person has directly imported it as per a friend and paid close to the zx10 price for it.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 23:19   #27
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Autocar Review of the ZX-10R.

PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 10:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

I called the Kawasaki Dealership to get details of the On road price and also the delivery schedule for the bikes. I was surprised when the Dealership told me they would not register the bike in another state and the customer would have to do it themselves, they however would charge an additional two thousand for giving a temp registration plate. It surprised me as a customer paying in the upwards of 17 lakhs is asked to register a bike themselves. I did ask them since they have their Bajaj and Ktm dealers colleagues in the various parts of the country could they not do it for the customer, but i was refused that option. How easy is it to register a bike on your own?.
Old 5th December 2013, 13:29   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I called the Kawasaki Dealership to get details of the On road price and also the delivery schedule for the bikes. I was surprised when the Dealership told me they would not register the bike in another state and the customer would have to do it themselves, they however would charge an additional two thousand for giving a temp registration plate. It surprised me as a customer paying in the upwards of 17 lakhs is asked to register a bike themselves. I did ask them since they have their Bajaj and Ktm dealers colleagues in the various parts of the country could they not do it for the customer, but i was refused that option. How easy is it to register a bike on your own?.

Regarding the registration, I think they are probably playing it safe since several high end car/bike owners go & register their cars in Pondicherry & other states/UT to avoid shelling out huge Road Tax. I know some of the high end car showrooms in bangalore take in writing from you they are not responsible, if you wish to register the vehicle on your own in another state, so they are absolved of any responsibility in the event the buyer is trapped by the Revenue Dept or RTO or whatever.

As long as the Kawi dealer can sell you the bike with the invoice showing your address in the state you plan to register, then there should be technically no problems as you will have to only provide the address proof to RTO in your state and have it registered. Pls do cross check with your RTO however.
Old 5th December 2013, 14:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How easy is it to register a bike on your own?.
Procedure on paper is pretty easy. Fill the forms, pay the fees, let the RTO official inspect the bike/papers etc and a number is allotted.

BUT!!!!

Nobody gets it done that straight. Either you pay a bribe (sic) or you go through a self patience/persistence/perseverance test (Ram sir went through it).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks