Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 16:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Gold Wing GL1800 launched in India

Dont like the Goldwing at all (Sorry but personal opinion). If you are considering this, buy a car already!
Old 4th December 2014, 14:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
... The Gold Wing Airbag, as its name suggests, comes with a fully-integrated airbag.
I am curious to know how airbag works in a bike. Wont the driver be thrown out during the inflation of airbag !!??
sayoojl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 15:16   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoojl View Post
I am curious to know how airbag works in a bike. Wont the driver be thrown out during the inflation of airbag !!??
Do have a look at this link - Honda Gold Wing Motorcycle Airbag System Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
^^^ Or buy 15 Nanos and have a fleet! Or buy 40 Honda Unicorns and use a new one every week! Or put in FD and earn 3L Rs income every year.

Or better, live your dream
Good one there!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th December 2014 at 15:21.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 15:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

A friend from India had come down for a biking holiday recently, and the Goldwing was one of the bikes he rented.

He was amazed by the ease of handling of something that was obviously so large - to the point that he swears it is much easier to handle than some of the other litre/litre+ class cruisers and roadsters around.

After about a couple of hours in the saddle he was happily scraping footpegs and brake pedals. Therefore don't judge it by the size and be aware that the vehicle is extremely accomplished.
Old 4th December 2014, 18:04   #20
BHPian

Wont mind Buying if 2 more wheels are added to it. the pillion seat looks too comfortable . Perfect for long drives
Old 5th December 2014, 08:17   #21
BHPian

It is indeed a beauty and gives you unmatched road presence, whosoever gives one looks, can't take off his/her eyes from this beauty, unless it fades away.
Being a biker myself, I can completely understand the obsession for this beauty.

Lot of people were talking about the high/unaffordable price, well to be honest this is Mouthwatering price for any superbike aficionado, considering I know atleast a dozen owners, who not only spent sweat and blood to import these bikes from remote countries but also paid on wrong side of 40Lacs to see these steeds in their garages.

Also considering the scenario where even Harleys (flintstone rides as compared to Honda technology) and Indian Chief have much costlier options as compared to Goldwing.

Last but not the least comparing superbikes with cars is sheer stupidity, I can only laugh at people intelligence (or ignorance) when they ask the prices of my rides and start comparing it with cars/SUVs and even bus (yes, I mean it).
Why a bike after spending so much ? You can have a bus and seat XX no. of people, Arrhhh....
Turbo Head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 09:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic pricing by honda!!

Most of the bikes in this segment with way lower technology retail for upwards of 35 lacs in our country.

It's not that there aren't any takers for it, it's just that Harley and Indian made a move sooner and most of the potential buyers have already bought it.

Looks like I will have to work a bit harder this time around to be able to justify buying this over and above after selling my 848 evo
Old 7th December 2014, 18:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand3553 View Post
That’s one hell of a “bike?”. It has to be seen how Honda plans the maintenance and support of this thing.
Honda already provides service support support for existing Goldwing owners in India if I'm not mistaken. From what I've heard, they fly in the technicians for a batch of Goldwings (more than enough of them already in India).

In addition, since they've already got a fleet of Indian technicians trained on the CBU CBRs and CBs, upgrading their skills shouldn't be that much of an issue. Also, if I'm not mistaken, these bikes are virtually bullet-proof, and have very long service intervals.
anilp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 14:45   #24
BHPian

Holy cow! What a handsome looking brute! Can anyone tell me how long it is?
Old 8th December 2014, 22:17   #25
BHPian

^ around 2.7m long, 1.1m wide and 380kg ; unless you mean the waiting period by "how long".
Old 9th December 2014, 18:00   #26
BHPian

The more I look at that monstrosity on two wheels the more I lust after the original. Now THIS is 'A BEAUTY'. Designed in an era when styling was not confused with stacking (various motorcycle bits).

Sigh...Wish it were sold here so I can at least pick up a used one today.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Gold Wing GL1800 launched in India-honda-gl1000-74.jpg  

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 9th December 2014 at 18:09.
Old 9th December 2014, 18:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
The more I look at that monstrosity on two wheels the more I lust after the original. Now THIS is 'A BEAUTY'. Designed in an era when styling was not confused with stacking (various motorcycle bits).

Sigh...Wish it were sold here so I can at least pick up a used one today.
Wow! look at that!! Really impressive!!

The recent(IMO) Goldwings never represented a motorcycle!

Cant stand them!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks