Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 11:23   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Kawasaki ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
By the way, this Saturday a friend went to Kodai with his wife and I thought of riding with them till Dharmapuri for breakfast.
I am interested in which make saddle bag your friend is using. I assume it is pillion friendly and was looking for the same on my 650. Can you send me a link or pm me his contact? Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 23:16   #62
BHPian

Hi,

My friend and his wife use Dirtsack (http://www.dirtsack.in/products/spee...ore/saddle-bag) and they are very happy. His wife has become a seasoned rider by now and she finds the bags non-intrusive. They don't meddle with the pillion's ride comfort at all. And these bags come with rainproof covers. He is Prateek and can be found on the KNOG page on FB.
Oreen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 11:44   #63
BHPian

My Kawasaki ER-6N-img_20150622_212543.jpg

My Kawasaki ER-6N-img_20150622_212558.jpg

My Kawasaki ER-6N-img_7625.jpg

My Kawasaki ER-6N-img_7702.jpg

A few pics of some off-roading near Tonnuru Kere, on the way to Melkote. Went with the RTMC folks, who were on their bullets. There were two KTM Duke 390s and one Triumph Daytona.

So far I have done more than 3000 kms and all I had to do was lube the chain once after the last service. I heard someone on the Kawa group say that lubing every 500 km will increase the chain/sprocket life, so I want to be diligent with that.

Still not gotten around to getting the luggage rack made. Not being able to make time. In regular city usage, the bike behaves like an easy commuter with no issues at all. The heat isn't perceptible, but that can be because I am in Bangalore. The exhaust note isn't too loud, so there's no undue attention in traffic. But it does attract a lot of curiosity, mostly from kids inside cars. They stay glued to the window glass to see when this bike will zoom past.

I have a mind to ride toward Delhi and come back via Calcutta in December/January, but still there are no concrete plans. Once the luggage issue is sorted, will just take off one fine day. I do have a Viaterra Claw, which I haven't used on this bike yet.

(There's the itch for a Triumph Scrambler 900, although it probably won't be launched in India. Don't tell the Kwacker guys.)

Last edited by Oreen : 4th July 2015 at 11:51.
Old 4th July 2015, 19:02   #64
BHPian

You mean the Ducati Scrambler?
Old 5th July 2015, 07:44   #65
BHPian

Quote:
So far I have done more than 3000 kms and all I had to do was lube the chain once after the last service. I heard someone on the Kawa group say that lubing every 500 km will increase the chain/sprocket life, so I want to be diligent with that.
In fact the owner manual mentions about lubing the chain for every 500 kms. There were few instances being quoted that the chain had gone bad within the first 10000 kms due to not doing the lube at recommended intervals. Knowing well how these spares cost, it would be better to lube the chain as recommended.
shan_ned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 19:24   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
You mean the Ducati Scrambler?
No, I mean the Triumph Scrambler, which isn't going to be available in India soon. Even if it comes, it will cost a lot more than the Ducati Scrambler, which is close to 8 lakhs on road.
Old 6th July 2015, 08:19   #67
BHPian

Yeah, I thought they said they were not launching it here and didnt see a market....
Old 19th August 2015, 22:34   #68
BHPian

Monsoon Ride

Hi guys, sorry for coming back after so long. I use my ER6n mostly as a commuter bike to my office, but could hardly do any rides. My bullet buddies planned a monsoon ride last weekend from bangalore to nagarhole, nagarhole to muzzappalingad beach near Kannur, Bekal Fort, and then to Ullal. The other boys went further on to Agumbe and Kudremukh over the next two days, but for me it was just a four day ride.

There were three Harley Iron 883s, one Harley Superlow, one Harley ST 750, one Bonnie T 100, my ER6n, one Royal Enfield Desert Storm 500, and one CDI Thunderbird 350. A total of 9 bikes, we started early on Friday morning from NICE corridor/Mysore road junction, and headed towards Kutta, near Nagarhole.

My Kawasaki ER-6N-img_20150814_063208.jpg

My Kawasaki ER-6N-img_20150814_080247.jpg

(The Harleys were all rented from Wicked Ride.)

The breakfast stop was a Vaishali, where we stopped for Keema Gojju and Akki roti, and then the ride was quite eventful through the Nagarhole forest. Because bikes are not allowed on that road, we avoided going via Hunsur and Gonikappa.

We reached Bison Manor around 2 in the afternoon and gorged on lovely pandi curry and daal and rice. The party started at 3 and ended well past midnight.

The next day was a tough ride, because we had to go to Muzzappalingad beach near Kannur, then to Bekal fort, and then onward to Vazco Beach resort in Ullal, before Mangalore. There were beautiful twisties along the way , but after reaching NH 17, the ride became really horrible. It is a narrow road with potholes and bad traffic. Although the ride on the beach was a memorable one, the ride on the highway to Kasargod (Bekal Fort) was very forgettable indeed. Some of us reached Ullal at 7, and some of us well past 8 in the night.

The next day was spent going to Mangalore for lunch and ice cream.

I had a chance to ride the Iron 883 and the ST 750. The Iron I wouldn't even touch with a barge pole, after riding it on the broken roads. It has NO suspension whatsoever, and the heat is absolutely unbearable. It is a crude bike with a very long wheelbase.
The ST 750, on the other hand, was refined and smooth, and very quick.

I didn't get to ride the Bonnie T 100, but the ER6n was smooth as anything.
The hard front suspension does send some feedback to the handlebar, but the way it managed the nonexistent roads, I was very amazed at the performance of the Dunlop on-road rubber.

The fourth day I came back alone from Mangalore. The Shiradi ghats are open now and till Hassan it took me quite some time. But the last 185 kms from Hassan to Bangalore was done in no time at all.

Overall, am again very happy with the performance of the bike. It is smooth as butter and also can take any kind of beating. Throw at it bad roads, six-lane highways, beaches, twisties...it never lets you down.

The total ride over four days (three days of light riding and one day rest) was about 900 kms. It was relaxed and rejuvenating. Hope to do more such rides soon. The odo is at a pathetic 4500 km now, but will improve it soon.

My Kawasaki ER-6N-img_20150814_133608.jpg

My Kawasaki ER-6N-img_20150815_1301162.jpg

My Kawasaki ER-6N-img_20150815_170737.jpg
Oreen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 12:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Monsoon Ride

Hey Oreen,

So you finally moved out of RE family and got yourself a Jap Bike?
Was it the frustrations with Md Yousuf that made you quit the Bullet world?

Anyways congrats on your bike and she is a fantastic choice for you to do non-fussy touring across the country. A very capable machine to say the least.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 15:00   #70
BHPian

Hey Kurd ...you can say that Yusuf bhai irritated me quite a bunch. But to be fair to him and the other mechanics who failed fixing that bike, the CDI unit was a bummer. Even after putting an original one, I had to switch to a Kinetic Honda CDI unit, which comes with no warranty at all. The speed was limited to 80-90 kph, and on long runs that really slowed me down.
Old 25th August 2015, 15:22   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But to be fair to him and the other mechanics who failed fixing that bike, the CDI unit was a bummer.

Was it not the factory CDI Kit you were using? Surprised that RE did manage to do such a poor job with it. But nevertheless your new ride looks good and is a capable workhorse.

Hoping to read more of your TL's.

Any mods you have planned for the luggage? Getting those huge Godrej Wardrobes fitted aka Bullet Style

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th August 2015 at 13:55. Reason: broken quote tags fixed
Old 25th August 2015, 15:34   #72
BHPian

hehehe, I am moving to a Vulcan 650 soon. This is a capable bike, really fast and can go on for hours without issues, but my wife is finding it difficult to sit on it.

You will see this soon on the classifieds. Selling for 5.2, if I can get a buyer.
Old 25th August 2015, 16:42   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have a mind to ride toward Delhi and come back via Calcutta in December/January, but still there are no concrete plans. Once the luggage issue is sorted, will just take off one fine day. I do have a Viaterra Claw, which I haven't used on this bike yet.
Please do let me know if you are in Calcutta, wanted to meet you for a long time.
Edit: Saw your last post, is the ER6N not suitable for the long distance ride with a pillion?
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 17:06   #74
BHPian

Hey black pearl, it is totally cool if your pillion is okay. Has a broad seat and is very comfy. My wife is short and rather on the heavier side. She is worried about the seat height.

She wants a bonnie or an iron 883.
Old 26th August 2015, 12:14   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hehehe, I am moving to a Vulcan 650 soon.

Is the Vulcan on sale here in Bangalore? Not sure if they have launched it though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks