Team-BHP - Triumph Tiger 800 XRx, XCx launched in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph Tiger 800 XRx, XCx launched in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/161564-triumph-tiger-800-xrx-xcx-launched-india.html)

British motorcycle manufacturer Triumph has launched the Tiger 800 XRx and XCx bikes in India.

Both bikes fall under the company's adventure category and are powered by an 800 cc, inline 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that develops 94 bhp @ 9520 rpm and 79 Nm of torque @ 7850 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox.

Both bikes are equipped with an advanced trip computer, road and off-road driving modes, three configurable riding modes, auto-cancel indicators, cruise control, traction control, centre stand, hand guards, four different throttle maps, height-adjustable seats and auxiliary 12V power sockets.

The Tiger XCx is more off-road focused and has higher seating, engine protection bars and an aluminium sump guard. The bike comes with a WP 43 mm upside down fork front suspension with 220 mm travel and a WP monoshock suspension at the rear with 215 mm rear wheel travel. It rides on a 21-inch, 36-spoke aluminium rim and a 17-inch, 32-spoke aluminium rim at the front and rear respectively.

Triumph Tiger 800 XRx, XCx launched in India-xcxpaintcolours.jpg

Triumph Tiger 800 XRx, XCx launched in India-my15xcstatic2.jpg

The XRx is a touring-focused bike with comfort rider and pillion seats. It has a Showa 43 mm upside down fork suspension at the front with 180 mm travel and a Showa monoshock suspension at the rear with 170 mm rear wheel travel. The bike comes with a 19-inch and 17-inch alloy wheel at the front and rear respectively.

Triumph Tiger 800 XRx, XCx launched in India-xrxgalleryv26.jpg

Triumph Tiger 800 XRx, XCx launched in India-xrxcoloursl.jpg

Triumph Tiger 800 XRx, XCx launched in India-xrxgalleryv211.jpg

Both bikes have 19-litre fuel tanks and twin 308 mm and single 255 mm disc brakes at the front and rear respectively with switchable ABS. While the XRx weighs 216 kg, the XCx tips the scale at 221 kg.

Triumph is using the CKD route to bring the XRx and XCx to India.

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi):

And here's one article explaining the detailed difference between the variants - http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/20325/

Hello All,

I need some information before I commit to one of the Tigers. Short story, I had made a booking for a Tiger 800Xc in Oct'14 asking for delivery in Jan'15, I got a call from Triumph dealer in Dec'14 asking if I wanted to transfer booking to new model, I promptly agreed.

The main difference between the earlier model Tiger and the newly launched Tigers are that the new ones are CKD bikes as opposed to CBU models of the earlier Tigers.

What I want to know due to obvious reasons is whether CKD kits from Triumph are prone to be detuned ? Brazil website shows no change in specs of the new Tigers. Will all CKD bikes have ARAI certification ?

Need to take a call based on this confirmation. Your inputs would be most welcome as display bike is expected to be in the showroom on 23rd March ion Bangalore. Thanks again.

Regards,
Veera

I too had been at the pune dealership for a test ride.
However it still, as of date is not available for a test-ride.
Also the Pune dealership has clearly stated about a 3 month waiting period for the XRX.
Owing to the intense interest worldwide in this bike, I am unsure, whether India could be getting its share in a 'decent' time.
Hence although, I have a keen interest in this bike, the 3 month long wait seems very discouraging.
Don't know whether the XRX deliveries have yet started .
Regarding the detune, the dealership here in Pune have no idea, although the vehicles have hit the display section.

Triumph Cochin already delivered two XRx :) even though the official launch is today!

Hello Dr Mohan,

The test rides in Bangalore are due to pending RTO formalities.
As per advrider forum users, first shipment of Tigers to showrooms are clearing fast with some waiting period for next delivery, so do not worry about the 3 month waiting period, I have been waiting for 6 months now (with model change to XCx) !

I read in another thread you are interested in the Benelli 600GT, so wait for some time for the Tiger test ride (but based on price alone, Tiger is at a disadvantage).

I have gone ahead and chosen a white XCx, delivery pending RTO formalities:Frustrati.

Regards,
Veera

Quote:

Originally Posted by veerameti (Post 3681916)
Hello Dr Mohan,

I read in another thread you are interested in the Benelli 600GT, so wait for some time for the Tiger test ride.
Regards,
Veera

Thanks Veera.
Roaming the world on a Tiger,is a dream, which I have harboured for almost 5 years.
Although the price tag is double that of the Benelli, the features on this bike are unbeatable.
They are many downsides to the Benelli which keeps me worried, the only succour is the price.
The idea of riding a bike (GT 600)weighing 280 kg fully loaded ( kerb weight +fuel+ luggage), itself is daunting enough.
A lighter, nimble bike with TC and ABS and a whopping 96bhp at the RBW throttle nudges me, to forego the price factor.
Getting a TD tomorrow, let me talk to the bike :) share my feelings with it and see if it's meant for me.

Dear Doc,

Regarding weight issue, fully loaded even the Tiger is not light by any means. The Tiger is also taller which will make things interesting when pushing it, taking U turns or putting on centre stand. Benelli 600GT may carry the weight lower (no idea as I have not yet seen the bikes) like handling a Bullet, which I have been doing for the last 12 years. Bullet is more at hip level and the Tiger is at chest level for me.

Let us know how your TD goes tomorrow. If available TD the XCx as well.

Regards,
Veera

Quote:

Originally Posted by veerameti (Post 3681916)
I have gone ahead and chosen a white XCx, delivery pending RTO formalities:Frustrati.
Regards,
Veera

Hi there Veera,

Congratulations on the booking. Can you let us know the on road prices of the XR, XRX & XCX in Bangalore, has the older generation XC been discontinued? Also is it true that the bikes are CKD now?

Thanks
Surajit

Hi Surajit,

Onroad prices in Bangalore incl. zero dep insurance -
800 XRX - 13,89,537; 800 XCX 15,19,047.
No prices/launch dates given for the 2015 XR and XC models.
The older gen XC has been discontinued the Bangalore demo bike has been sold, the new gen Tigers are now CKD bikes.

-Veera

do the wire wheels come shod with Tube type or tubeless tyres?

Hi Himanshu,

Both the wheels come with tubes in them.
The rear is 'supposedly' tubeless type tyre with the wheel rim also made for tubeless tyres to prevent the tyre from coming off the rim in case of puncture. Some users (on a forum - advrider) have used some type of sealant/tape combo to do away with the tube.
The front tyre and rim are tube type.

HTH,
Veera

Quote:

Originally Posted by veerameti (Post 3682684)
Both the wheels come with tubes in them.

:OT Am I missing something here??? Why would manufacturers give tube tires?? please:

I thought tubeless is standard nowadays and better than tube tires!!!

After having taken a spin on the Benelli GT 600 few days ago, I decided to take a TD of the Tiger XRX.
Although both bikes are not in the same league and can't be compared directly, the Tiger outmatched the Benelli by a huge difference.
Extremely light, nimble, the RBW experience on the 'Sport' mode was precise and extremely crisp.
The bike is stable, neutral and can move effortlessly at 40kmph on the topmost gear and pick up pace effortlessly.
Took it to a bad unpaved patch and the suspension was awesome, handling was good. Couldn't figure out, how to put it on offroad mode.
Cornering was good.
Effectively stopping .
I can keep rambling, but the conclusion is : extremely efficient machine worth buying and using it for the rest of your life.

So, I booked it promptly.
Hoping to get a delivery fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohan (Post 3683127)
After having taken a spin on the Benelli GT 600 few days ago, I decided to take a TD of the Tiger XRX.
Although both bikes are not in the same league and can't be compared directly, the Tiger outmatched the Benelli by a huge difference.
Extremely light, nimble, the RBW experience on the 'Sport' mode was precise and extremely crisp.
The bike is stable, neutral and can move effortlessly at 40kmph on the topmost gear and pick up pace effortlessly.
Took it to a bad unpaved patch and the suspension was awesome, handling was good. Couldn't figure out, how to put it on offroad mode.
Cornering was good.
Effectively stopping .
I can keep rambling, but the conclusion is : extremely efficient machine worth buying and using it for the rest of your life.

So, I booked it promptly.
Hoping to get a delivery fast.

Many Congratulations Mohan Sir. clap:

Rightly said, it is one motorcycle that is worth buying and using it for the rest of your life.:thumbs up

Is there a XR version as well, or only XRx that has been launched in India?
I have been reading only about XRx and XCx launches, no concrete info about the base XR version.