Team-BHP - MV Agusta coming to India in collaboration with Kinetic Group
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   MV Agusta coming to India in collaboration with Kinetic Group (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/165405-mv-agusta-coming-india-collaboration-kinetic-group.html)

MV Agusta is gearing up to enter the two-wheeler market in India in collaboration with the Kinetic Group. An official statement regarding the same is expected in July 2015. MV Agusta will become the seventh European motorcycle brand to come to India after Triumph Motorcycles, Ducati, BMW Motorrad, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi and Benelli.

MV Agusta coming to India in collaboration with Kinetic Group-mva.jpg

Kinetic up is setting up a dealership network for MV Agusta under a separate business entity, within the Kinetic Group. It will not be a part of Kinetic Engineering, the flagship company of the group. Since Kinetic has manufacturing facilities in the country, the association with the group could also open up the possibility of local assembly of MV Agusta bikes in India in the future.

Last year, Mercedes AMG acquired a 25% stake in MV Agusta. The two companies signed an agreement covering the areas of marketing and sales. The market for big bikes in India has been growing at a fast pace. The legendary manufacturer will not want to stay out for long and is expecting to find favourable response to its products as well.

Source: Autocar Professional

MVs are rolling art. #1 on my all time dream list has always been the F4 1000.

Hopefully no A.S.S fiascos like Ducati the first time round. And a few of us lesser-mortals get to see a few of them in the flesh.

What a time to be a biker in India! MV Agusta is obviously expecting a demand surge and I'm sure they will find a lot of takers here, as long as the brand can establish itself as a dedicated player.

Like loki pointed out, A.S.S will be of the essence. Establishing the service centres simultaneously with the dealerships will go a long way in building customer trust, not to mention good part availability - a place where even established brands in India like Harley-Davidson have a lot of room for improvement.

Its official: Kinetic Group to start selling MV Agusta superbikes in India from November 2015.

Quote:

We are really excited to be bringing these extraordinary machines to India for riders who demand the utmost performance from their bikes.Kinetic can launch any or all of these motorcycles in India over the next 2-3 years, with the first launch slated for November 2015.The bikes will be brought in as CBUs and SKDs and prices are likely to range from Rs 12 lakh to Rs 33 lakh" Kinetic World managing director Ajinkya Firodia said in a statement.
Source

I really can't wait to check it out in person. Agusta's are more art than motorcycles to me! But isn't kinetic owned by Mahindra?

The kinetic engineering group is very much on their own. They sold only their two wheeler business to Mahindra. MV agusta is coming to India with kinetic group not kinetic two wheelers.
MV agusta is rolling art #1 can't wait to check them out.

MV Agusta likely to enter India with hot Brutale 1090 superbike

MV Agusta’s website lists down the following models that are retailed under the Brutale umbrella:

Brutale Dragster 800RR – uses in-line three-cylinder, 798cc, 140bhp engine. This is the most powerful engine in its class and weighs only 52kg.

Brutale 800RR – shares the engine with the Brutale Dragster 800RR. These engines come with counter rotating crankshaft technology, and removable 6-speed gearbox – another MV Agusta exclusive feature.

Brutale Dragster 800 – in-line, three-cylinder 798cc engine that develops 125bhp. Brutale 800 – in-line three-cylinder, 798cc engine as above.

Brutale 675 – in-line three-cylinder 675cc engine with counter rotating crankshaft, delivers 108bhp of peak power.

Brutale 1090 – in-line four-cylinder, 1078cc engine that delivers up to 144bhp.

Brutale 1090RR – in-line four-cylinder, 1078cc engine, delivers up to 158bhp.

Brutale Corsa – based on the 1090 model.

Source: http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation....pXlVUsBk.dpuf

RideSafe

Quote:

Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz (Post 3786638)
Brutale Dragster 800RR – uses in-line three-cylinder, 798cc, 140bhp engine. This is the most powerful engine in its class and weighs only 52kg.

I'm sure that's a typo, and not the only one on the page. It's most certainly 152kg and not 52kg ; and they wrote "radical" valve instead of "radial" valve.
No plans for the F4/F3 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricci (Post 3787072)
I'm sure that's a typo, and not the only one on the page. It's most certainly 152kg and not 52kg ; and they wrote "radical" valve instead of "radial" valve.
No plans for the F4/F3 ?

I think they are saying the engine is engineered to weigh 52kgs. Not the whole motorcycle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricci (Post 3787072)
It's most certainly 152kg and not 52kg

Check out more details at http://www.mvagusta.com/en/motorcycl...0-dragster-rr/

Yes, its only the engine at 52 kg! The bike weighs 163 kg.

Kinetic group does the "sales" part brilliantly but it is the "service" that is a concern! As MV Agusta is a piece of "Motorcycle Art" it is the maintenance that will be the deciding factor of prospective buyers if priced right.

Looks like we ll have these beauties arrive at our shores this November

http://www.motoroids.com/news/offici...november-2015/

India Review of the Brutale 800 by Overdrive.

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2015-mv-...-review-india/

MV Agusta coming to India in collaboration with Kinetic Group-brut1.jpg
MV Agusta coming to India in collaboration with Kinetic Group-brut2.jpg

For me the success of MV would lie in the pricing. The only reason we got interested in Ducati this time around is because they priced their middle weights decently. MV needs to do the same if they want to stand any chance of grabbing some pie of the Indian super biking scene.

Middle weights is the key. Around 6-10 lakhs price bracket is where there is action in the India market right now.

Plus a cheaper entry level model also helps in drawing crowds to the showrooms.

Rachit

MV Agusta has confirmed that it that it has finalised its dealerships in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore. It has also confirmed will officially launch its motorcycles in January - February 2016. The homologation process is underway.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

This is the email I got from them when I got in touch.
1 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 : Rs 17.99 lakh (ex-showroom) Booking Process: 100% payment to be made at the time of booking,

Delivery period for the MV Agusta Brutale 1090: The bike will be delivered within two weeks of booking.

2 MV Agusta F4: Rs 25.78 lakh (ex-showroom): Booking Process: 50% payment to be made at the time of booking, remaining 50% to be paid 15 days before delivery of the bike.

Delivery period for the MV Agusta F4: The bike will be delivered within 60 days of the booking being made with 50% advance payment.

3 MV Agusta F3 800: Rs 15.99 lakh (ex-showroom): Booking Process: Rs 5 lakh payment to be made at the time of booking, remaining to be paid 15 days before actual delivery of the bike.

Delivery period for the MV Agusta F3 800: The bike will be delivered within 90 days of the booking being made with Rs 5 lakh.

To place your order and/or for further correspondence, please write to rohan.pathak@motoroyale.in
I've also attached the brochures that they sent.
MV Agusta Brutale 1090.pdf

MV Agusta F3.pdf

MV Agusta F4.pdf

I'm actually really looking forward to the F3 as my next bike. Because the 899 Panigale is no longer on sale, and I'd rather walk on cactus than buy another Triumph.