Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2016, 19:01   #1
Team-BHP Support

Michelin launches Pilot Road 4, Pilot Power 3 superbike tyres

Michelin has announced the launch of two new two-wheeler tyres in India called the Pilot Road 4 and Pilot Power 3. These tyres are designed for superbikes with engine capacities of 600cc and above.

Michelin launches Pilot Road 4, Pilot Power 3 superbike tyres-image001-3.jpg

The Michelin Pilot Road 4 features XST+ technology. The company claims that the tyre is designed for enhanced braking on wet and slippery surfaces. Pilot Road 4 also features Michelin's 2CT technology with 100% silica compounds.

Michelin launches Pilot Road 4, Pilot Power 3 superbike tyres-pilot-4.jpg

The Michelin Pilot Power 3 is designed for roadsters and sport motorbikes. It is primarily intended for road use, but can also be used for riding on the track. It is developed with a combination of 2CT and 2CT+ technology. The company claims that it offers stability when cornering, especially under strong acceleration. The company also claims the tyre offers good braking performance in wet conditions.

Michelin launches Pilot Road 4, Pilot Power 3 superbike tyres-pilot-power-3.jpg

According to industry analysts, the Indian superbike market of 500cc and above, which has been growing at has been growing 40-50%, year on year, will grow to more than double in the next five years. This has prompted Michelin to introduce these tyres in the country.
Aditya is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 20:37   #2
BHPian

Re: Michelin launches Pilot Road 4, Pilot Power 3 superbike tyres

Great news, any idea about the pricing? i'm guessing these are manufactured in India and should be inexpensive
Old 14th January 2016, 22:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Great news, any idea about the pricing? i'm guessing these are manufactured in India and should be inexpensive
Nope imported and sold. Hence, costs at par.

http://revz.co.in/Michelin/Michelin-...d-1947003.html
Sojogator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 07:44   #4
BHPian

Good news, there! With the Ceat-Pirelli partnership happening, it was only a matter of time before Michelin would add more products to its line-up, giving company to its PR2 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
According to the Michelin press release, the cost is 25-32K, exclusive of taxes. I'm assuming the Pilot Power 3 will slot into the higher end of that price spectrum.
dreamseller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 00:13   #5
BHPian

Michelin launches Pilot Road 4, Pilot Power 3 superbike tyres

Been waiting to see some good options for the GS adventure but no dice. Almost tempted to go out and buy the enfield rear as my front for now.
Old 3rd March 2016, 19:21   #6
BHPian

I had set of PR3 on my Yamaha FZS600 for nearly two years - and yes, they are great tyres. Very confidence inspiring, and perfect for the wet and cold weather here. They last longer too, compared to other tires. I got around 20000 kms from PR3 rear, and I changed it for a PR4. I have done about 10000 kms with PR4 and squaring is obvious. But it might last just as long as the PR3 by the looks of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks