Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 13:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Which Adventure Tourer? Born-again Biker looking for next ride

If you willing to wait a couple of months, then you should also consider/wait for the Honda Africa Twin
Old 17th March 2016, 13:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Tiger - underpowered? Compared to what?
Compared to 800 cubic centimetres.

Quote:
Very contrasting views from most people who have ridden/bought the Versys 650. Seems to be a very flickable and easy to use daily ride. One auto Journo even used some very expressive words (in a good way) to describe how it felt riding in city
1. Might you want to observe that I wrote that way, way before the V650 was launched.

2. Owing to it's height, I do have reservations about it being easily manoeuvrable in the city. I'm positive there are people who will be put off by this factor. However, if that isn't the case, I'd be a happy man!

Quote:
If touring is a consideration, then the Hypermotard is not the right bike. Maybe the Hyperstrada but like I mentioned in another post, I dont find the value of another 1.7 lakhs. Rather up the budget by 4 and buy the Multi or buy a Tiger for the same price.

Aprilla still has showrooms in India?
On the contrary, I personally find the Hypermotard a very capable long hauler as well as a general usage bike for someone who doesn't want to go with the junior Tiger. Having ridden both the bikes for great distances & durations, these are my firm conclusions.

Yes. Aprilia has showrooms in India. In Pune, if I'm not wrong.

Last edited by barcalad : 17th March 2016 at 13:42.
Old 17th March 2016, 14:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you willing to wait a couple of months, then you should also consider/wait for the Honda Africa Twin
Yes that is one bike that has caught my fancy after reading their reviews and seeing various videos on YT.

But the million rupees question is "Will it get launched in India" and at what price.

Now that the Himalayan is safely out of the window, lets see where this search leads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Compared to 800 cubic centimetres.

2. Owing to it's height, I do have reservations about it being easily manoeuvrable in the city. I'm positive there are people who will be put off by this factor. However, if that isn't the case, I'd be a happy man!

Exact reason why I had to strike the V650 off the list. I'm 165 cms and only 1 foot reaches the ground and barely. Unlike the Tiger, V650 doesn't have height adjustable saddle.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 17th March 2016 at 14:28.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 14:25   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
But the million rupees question is "Will it get launched in India" and at what price.

Now that the Himalayan is safely out of the window.
It is getting launched towards the end of the year, but the question about price is very relevant, since Honda has its unique way of pricing a product obnoxiously close to impossible limits and kill the sales before it starts

But why not himalayan i feel it is much better value for money and usable in city compared to a versys. You can throw it away when the Africa comes and buying it.
Old 17th March 2016, 15:21   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Jakku, the himalayan is perfect for the city, but for the highway, you will probably become a couple of years older before you reach your destination. Especially after spending time on the Duke.

I like your "throw the himalayan away" when the African twin gets launched bit. Lol.
Old 17th March 2016, 15:29   #21
r.K
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
[*]Versys 650 – Don’t know anything apart from price

Thanks in advance!
You can check out mobike008's review on the Versys 650:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ght-begin.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com